Author Topic: What the hell...?!  (Read 4223 times)

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
Re: What the hell...?!
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 22:26:03 PM »
 :Luv: that's so cute! :Luv: :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 22:21:12 PM »
Cat with puppy is lovely :Luv2:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 18:19:43 PM »
I adore that cat with the puppy!! He is having such a great time and the puppy is just unconscious!! :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 16:56:29 PM »
Sorry I'm one of the whimps that won't look at anything suspect so haven't watched clip BUT our Freddie (neutered age 4) loves being.... slapped it too strong a word and patted too weak a word but you know what I mean. 

He keeps going to scratch the back of my armchair to get my attention then offering his bum to me for a roughing up session. Crazy boy.  Dingle RIP who was spayed as a young un also loved it (used to claw her way around my legs as I kneeled on the floor tapping her bum - hurt me not her lol) so don't think sex of cat has anything to do with it.  Billy Whiz loves his back being scratched rather than stroked but he ain't up for real abuse lol.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 13:56:38 PM »
That's a really great video Dolcetta.  The dog just seems away with the fairies  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 13:44:14 PM »
You certainly have a point - it seems an odd thing to post on youtube. I just found it somewhat bizarre and wondered if anyone else could offer some kind of explanation or put it in some context. While it's clear these particular cats are enjoying themselves, the reason I was initially concerned about the films was the potential for them being misinterpreted or taken out of context - I'm sure if a particular cat enjoys and initiates this type of interaction it is all fine and good - but what if inexperienced owners misguidedly think all cats will enjoy this?

Well to be honest youtube, while there are many kewl entertaining clips, is also filled with meaningless pointless stuff that simply make you go  :Crazy: :tired: :shocked: , and the cat spanking clips are not nearly among the worsts, especially as the cats are really enjoying it. (and you must admit, every cat loves and enjoys one unexplainable weirdy thing or another...)
I guess it feels good just like certain poundings during a human massage session, to help blood circulation.

But when it comes to cat massage I prefer this one any day... :Luv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_uuN5kuq74

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 13:28:30 PM »
Ive seen this before & although the cats are enjoying it.. I cant watch it again - its weird if you ask me ..... strange people !

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 11:25:49 AM »
the paddles look like the type of thing my MIL uses to pat her butter into shape (she makes the stuff)

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 09:36:42 AM »
My sister's cat Badger absolutely loves being spanked!!  He lies down on one side and you pat has hip and he crawls along the carpet!  :briggin:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 23:05:31 PM »
Yeah - the use of "implements" is a bit odd....I just struggle to imagine where they got them - a human sex shop? "Actually, I'll have two....what? No, no, it's for my cat...." lol

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2007, 22:54:37 PM »
Many of mine love being 'slapped' - although I don't used 'implements' LOL! just my hands  ;D

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2007, 20:56:52 PM »
I have to admit to being surprised that males enjoy it too! Perhaps neutered males are more similar hormonally to females than intact males? Of course that doesn't entirely explain why they should enjoy it, or why neutered females also like it. It's certainly an unusual behaviour in that it's hard to see where its coming from.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 19:06:27 PM »
The first one is definitely in a home, you can see pictures on the wall and the write up of the video has this... "Mafaldinha is a small but very smart cat. She has a big tree in the apartment. In this video she was under one branch of tree."

I have had several cats who adored being spanked. They considered it their idea of best possible fun. Worked up to it slowly, you understand, but they adored it and begged for more. What the underlying cause is don't know as all mine have been neuters, but male and female cats have both been known to enjoy it, so not entirely convinced of the sexual stimulant argument ...

yep, Benji was a neutered male too.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 19:02:37 PM »
I have had several cats who adored being spanked. They considered it their idea of best possible fun. Worked up to it slowly, you understand, but they adored it and begged for more. What the underlying cause is don't know as all mine have been neuters, but male and female cats have both been known to enjoy it, so not entirely convinced of the sexual stimulant argument ...

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 18:48:36 PM »
yes thats true  :gpoint:

I am not sure either of the cats were in a home enviroment though and the first one certainly knew where to jump which would indicate she/he had been in that place for a while so i am wondering why they are doing it and why they had "paddles" to do it with  :shify:

My guestimation is they were not neutered (altho the tortie was quite fat though) so again wondering if those were "vets" (dubious) why there werent being done as they didnt look like pedigree's so an explanation for that too would be good.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 18:44:01 PM »
Now you see that bugs me more than some other stuff on here.

Yes its partially all the rough treatment the makes queens ovulate, in fact sometimes they will ovulate with that type of treatment alone even without actually any penetration which is what normally causes it (hence the barbs on the penis)

Why anyone would put that on youtube is unknown to me, its certainly not cruel but pointless unless the cats were for some type of sientific study which i do wonder considering both people were wearing white coats and the second one was certainly in some sort of facility  :tired:

You certainly have a point - it seems an odd thing to post on youtube. I just found it somewhat bizarre and wondered if anyone else could offer some kind of explanation or put it in some context. While it's clear these particular cats are enjoying themselves, the reason I was initially concerned about the films was the potential for them being misinterpreted or taken out of context - I'm sure if a particular cat enjoys and initiates this type of interaction it is all fine and good - but what if inexperienced owners misguidedly think all cats will enjoy this?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 18:16:49 PM »
The cats are obviously loving it, the first one jumps up on the platform as soon as she sees the pads come out.

Tiggy's brother, Benji (never one to miss an opportunity for a pic  ;)) used to love being 'slapped' too.  He would put his rump as high in the air as possible and his face would be flat to the ground in ecstacy.  If you eased off on the slapping his bottom would slump down in disappointment but as soon as you started doing it harder he would almost be touching the ceiling!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 18:16:03 PM »
Now you see that bugs me more than some other stuff on here.

Yes its partially all the rough treatment the makes queens ovulate, in fact sometimes they will ovulate with that type of treatment alone even without actually any penetration which is what normally causes it (hence the barbs on the penis)

Why anyone would put that on youtube is unknown to me, its certainly not cruel but pointless unless the cats were for some type of sientific study which i do wonder considering both people were wearing white coats and the second one was certainly in some sort of facility  :tired:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 17:34:26 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: I love the idea of a cat begging to be "slapped" :rofl: "ooh, spank me, spank me, I been a Baaaaaad kitty!" :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 17:09:44 PM »
 :rofl: You can tell they looove it  :rofl:.  My sis had a cat called Tinker and she begged to be "slapped" on her back just before her tail. She used coo and purr and rub agaisnst you till you did it and then heaven helped ya if you stopped.  :Crazy:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2007, 16:56:26 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Crazy cats, indeed!

Max also likes to be stroked roughly sometimes, we do a thing called 'bum wiggle wah's', he'll see you coming, stick his bum in the air, you do a two handed stroke, and he meows  :evillaugh:

The cats on the vids would have scarpered if they weren't enjoying it, they weren't cornered or anything, so you'd have to say they're just crazy cats  :evillaugh:

That's sort of what I thought - just wondered what everyone else made of it. I've never seen anything like it! I guess you get bonkers kitties just like you get bonkers people! :rofl:

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2007, 16:55:19 PM »
yeah this video is quite common on the internet... cat loves it!!

Don't know the whys but the cat is obviously not in any distress... they are just showing their looney cat!!!  

My Brandy is the same... he loves you being rough with him... the rougher the better.     ;D
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2007, 16:53:55 PM »
Old Mog seems to like being gently patted on her back end, oddly enough! But then, she is senile!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 16:48:22 PM »
Max also likes to be stroked roughly sometimes, we do a thing called 'bum wiggle wah's', he'll see you coming, stick his bum in the air, you do a two handed stroke, and he meows  :evillaugh:

The cats on the vids would have scarpered if they weren't enjoying it, they weren't cornered or anything, so you'd have to say they're just crazy cats  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 16:45:22 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: Not sure .  But I have to say Zephyr does love it when I "stroke him rough" as long as the cat can get away I can't see much wrong with it.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
What the hell...?!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 16:40:38 PM »
*warning* : vid links included - didn't know whether to tag as upsetting, because that's sort of my question - is it or isn't it?

I don't know if anyone has seen this already - a friend of mine fwd'd me these links. What the hell is going on here? It looks like the cat is enjoying itself, but it seems to be getting "spanked" very hard! Is this cruel or just a S&M cat?! I'm guessing it's a female cat, and wondered if this was tapping into behaviour known to induce ovulation - I know that a lot of felis cats (including the cheetah) actually "need" rough treatment from males to come into season. Is that whay this cat seems to be enjoying this rough treatment? Any ideas, anyone?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SkAM_31SU0U

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h6a8T5Z5wkk

The cats aren't forced or restrained, and genuinely seem to love this - I just don't get why!

Link to CatChat