Author Topic: runny bum!!  (Read 2095 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: runny bum!!
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 11:05:23 AM »
Brilliant news, she is such a little cutie
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 10:45:20 AM »
Well done, that's great news  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline chel

• Adult Cat
    • Harrjak Pack
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 10:40:09 AM »
bit of an update on dot, i gave her worming tablet and fronlined her with spot on this time over the weekend, still a bit runny, but i have been giving tiny meals, i ended up getting tesco finest cuts of chicken breast, (which went down well!) and last night we actaully changed consistancy and went SOLID! 1st time is days, so im relieved, at last!  thank you for all the advice, she had some natural yoghurt which she loved, but i think the plain chicken helped immensly!

ive been doing some videoing of her over the last few days, so will hopefully put one together soon!
Chel

Offline chel

• Adult Cat
    • Harrjak Pack
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 13:21:01 PM »
the last proper meal she had was at 7 pm last night, when i fed the dogs and kipper this morning i made sure she was out of the way,  her tray had just been wee'd in this morning, no poo whatsoever, after 2 very watery ones last night :sick: ( they really did honk!) we gave her some of kippers adult bisc mid morning( just a tiny pinch) but no poop from about 11pm last night. she is drinking all ok ( the dogs water bowl aswell as her own!)  it seems odd after having 2 amd half weeks now of completly normal ones?
Chel

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:35:02 PM »
how's dot today chel?
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline chel

• Adult Cat
    • Harrjak Pack
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 21:07:11 PM »
her story is that im such a mug!!!
i went to collect some rescue pups from a farm. the owner was diagnosed with terminal cancer, she had let her animals kinda run wild a friend of mine is a macmillan nurse and a fellow agility person so we went to see what we could do to help, we managed to home all the pups, and on our way out, they said they found 2 litters of kittens in one of their feilds, within a week of each other!  one litter jackie homed through local farms, the other litter were tiny, only 3 of them, all little torties, so we said we would take them and home them for her aswell if she wanted, i think she was relieved with all the help! long story short, after visiting and taking a few pics, i had spread the word around about the pups so they all had homes to go to, also 2 of the kittens....jsut the one left....the cutest of course, i kinda debated on it for a bit and then let heart rule head and bought her back with me to stay here!  she was approx 5-6 weeks, mum apparantly hadnt been seen with them since they were moved, they wernt entirely sure which was mum even!   all the proceeds we had from rehoming the pups went on neutering vouchers from the local rescue center, so all being well the first of the ladies have all been done by now!

thinking back, the only food they had in the same area was adult tins of mole valley farmers own brand food.....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 21:12:04 PM by chel »
Chel

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 21:05:46 PM »
 :Luv2:   :Luv2:  :Luv2:

she is absolutely gorgeous... reminds me of my last hand rear Bailey!!    :Luv:

What was her background??  Whiskas could be too much for her stomach... try something like Felix or stop her feed for 12 hrs and just give liquids.   

If she is due to be wormed again could also be worms.

Let us know how you get on.   
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 20:56:40 PM »
Whiskas is quite rich and junky, if you change foods do so slowly  ;D

I would ask your vet if she could have a prebiotic powder.

Could still be worms if she was in that much of a mess.

She is beautiful  :Luv2: whats her story?

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 20:50:47 PM »
It could be that kitten food is too rich for her. Might be an idea to try her on adult food.

Hills i/d (from the vet) food is good for settling tums as well.

P.S: She's gorgeous!  :Luv:
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 20:52:17 PM by Team Svartalfheims »
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline chel

• Adult Cat
    • Harrjak Pack
runny bum!!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 20:48:32 PM »
 :(

i have had dot for almost a month now, (she is now almost 9 weeks) she had the 'runs' for the 1st few days, which didnt settle and were slightly bloody also, she went to the vets and had some paste to have pre-feeding which worked just fine, and after a week all was well and good, she had her 1st jab last monday ( mon coming will be 2 weeks) and is due a wormer and frontline this monday. but her runy bum hath returned!  :sick: poor little thing is scooting back and forth to the tray ( and behind the tv!!)  she is wanting to eat still, is her normal self in every other way, playful etc etc.
she is having 3 meals at the mo, i have cut down from 4 incase it was too much for her tum to cope with she has 2 meals from a whiskas kitten pouch ( 1 pouch does 3 meals for her) and the midday meal is whiskas kitten bisc. i have just got in some james wellbeloved kitten incase it is maybe too rich for her? im stumped as to what to try next as i obv dont want her to be unwell - and i dont want her to be hungry either!  with the dogs i would leave fore 24hours without feeding, then gradually introduce back with rice, scrambled egg or chicken, then a small amount of food gradually over a few days...but she aint no pooch!

she almost certainly had worms, she has been wormed twice now, and is due another on monday - she DEFINATLEY had fleas aswell, she was pickled in them, she has been frontline sprayed, and i also have a spot on to put on now aswell, as she really was covered in HUGE ones!
so any suggestions for me??? lil dotdot would much appreciate it!
Chel

Link to CatChat