Author Topic: FOUND: Small Black Female Rochester Kent  (Read 2840 times)

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
Re: FOUND: Small Black Female Rochester Kent
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2007, 16:52:57 PM »
I forgot to say that this little one is called Monty. The lady who rescued her is very happy to give her a home - it's just she cannot afford the treatment.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2007, 16:49:48 PM »
that is so sad, poor little girl, I hope cp can find someone who will give her a home

I second that Dawn.  Poor little soul fingers, toes, eyes and everything crossed for this little one.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 16:46:53 PM »
that is so sad, poor little girl, I hope cp can find someone who will give her a home

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2007, 16:44:06 PM »
I have just spoken to the lady - it has taken a while for her to call me as she has been very upset. This little darling is very ill (bad teeth, gut & digestive problems, kidney problems and lymph problems - think this is correct). She has been aged at about 14 years - believe me she did not look it. The vet said that it looked as if she had been on the tiles for months. What  :censored: owners could do this.

She was chipped and the owner lives around the corner from the lady who found her - the vet called the owners who very clearly stated that she was not wanted at all. The lady also gave the vet permission to give her details to the owner so they could contact her - they have not. The vet has advised that the lady should not consider taking this little girl on, due to her health, they are waiting for the owners to sign her over to them. They then are going to contact CP to see if they can help with her treatment and taking her in.

The lady concerned and her husband are totally gutted by the attitude of the cat's owner - this little one has so much love to give - it's heart breaking. The vet currently has her and keeping her as comfortable as possible. The lady who took her in, is so upset as she cannot afford the treatment which may or may not work. There is no talk of pts here - thank god.

I am going to keep in touch with this lady and will let you know when I have some further news. Bless this lovely little girl - I hope that it is not too late for her to have some love and comfort in latter years - she deserves it. 

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2007, 16:03:57 PM »
I'm afraid to say that I have heard nothing from the lady who took this little one. I am hoping this means that she is going to take her in. I will post as soon as I know anything more. I have updated Phoebe's thread - it's quite funny that you mention a Phoebe 'twin'  :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2007, 00:12:01 AM »
Wherever Sam is he'll be proud of you Debbie  :hug:

Any news on the Phoebe 'twin' and of course Phoebe herself?

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 19:21:25 PM »
I am in the same position as you so I totally understand your predicament!

I have a Sam 'twin' currenly napping on my armchair who has been wandering round the local train station for months.  The kind lady that works there was feeding him but a neighbour thought he was my lost cat so here he is until his owner comes forwards...

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 23:47:42 PM »
I say everything happens for a reason !!!!

I think you already know the answer to your question  :evillaugh:

Keep us updated xxxxxxxx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 18:55:07 PM »
you know you want to. Ask yourself, if I don't take her in - where might she end up. You know you can offer her a good, responsible home where she will be well-cared for, and you also know that this sort of home is rare as hens teeth around parts of Medway. If you decide not to, then there is the RSPCA in Strood, or better still Animates where Esther came from. I know denise90 will be happy to advise if you PM her.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 15:28:27 PM »
Sounds like fate to me  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 15:06:09 PM »
It sounds as if fate has brought you two together  :Luv:  :Luv:  She needs a home and although she won't fill the void that Phoebe has left, she can help make you feel better until Phoebe is found again and then she'll have a new playmate waiting for her when she returns home again  :hug:  Good luck in whatever you decide but I'd say go for it  :)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:32:24 PM »
Maybe this kitty is your Birthday present from Purrs, well a sort of reverse Birthday present if you like. :Luv:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:46:35 AM »
there have certainly been others on purrs and cat chat who have ended up with bigger furry families than when they started a quest to find a lost cat.  I think you know what to do........

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
FOUND: Small Black Female Rochester Kent
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:42:13 AM »
This new thread is for an adorable little babe that I have mentioned in my search for my cat Phoebe. I do not know if this is fate trying to bring me and this kitty together. When out and about on our circuit of the area, we have been told about a small, thin black cat that was being chased by the other cats. Out lollipop lady and my mum had even mentioned this one. We finally came across her and tried to find her home - no one was being very helpful.

Yesterday, we received a call from a lady in the same street who thought that she had taken in Phoebe. After talking with this lady, it was confirmed it was not Phoebe. How gutted I was again. However, something inside me, prompted me to call this lady back - we got chatting, I offered the use of my basket and she invited me around to see the kitty.  She explained that the cat was being chased and bullied and that she was cowering on the doorstep and as soon as the lady opened the door, the cat darted in and now refuses to leave.

This is a lovely cat, very thin and looks as if she has been involved in an RTA as she has trouble with her back legs - they look weak and a bit wonky. However, she is very friendly, following this lady about the house and even sitting on her lap for cuddles. She even let me pick her up and fuss over her.

The lady is taking her to the vets for a chip scan and health check and is going to let me know how they get on. Now, the lady is unsure as to whether she wants her or not (she is a dog person) - she is not going to chuck her back out on the streets and wants to find her a home. What would be the best advice I could pass on to her about re homing? I have been roaming the area since September and have not seen any lost notices for this babe. I have also checked all the sites that I have Phoebe registered on. The vet that the lady is using has a lost and found register - they may have something recorded.

I think that I am really trying to say that I would love to take her in - she deserves to have a forever home - and perhaps it is fate bring us together. I've got tears in my eyes now.

Any advice/support/thoughts would be appreciated.

Link to CatChat