Author Topic: Ginger needs a new home urgently poss pts  (Read 3306 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Ginger needs a new home urgently poss pts
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2007, 11:09:28 AM »
They dropped the L years ago!!),

Quite right although it is still used for financial purposes
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 08:08:15 AM »
Great news  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 22:21:24 PM »
Aww, glad there was a good ending, and I am sure CP (They dropped the L years ago!!), will appreciate the money.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 22:12:21 PM »
That's fab news Nick, hopefully he'll get a loving home in no time  :hug:

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 16:19:42 PM »
well I've just been to the Vets to collect the basket and Ginger had already been picked up by CPL.

I think the surgery must have contacted the local CPL rehomer direct and persuaded them to take Ginger in. I probably did the wrong thing contacting the main office of CPL rather than deal directly with the person responsible for rehoming.
Anyway the Vets have been absolutly brilliant and have even waived the charges for keeping the cat for 2x days and nights so i bought em some healthyfood? ?(healthyfood)  (hee hee you've banned the word c.h.o.c.o.l.a.t.e.s. ho ho ) for the staff room  :naughty:

and my neighbour and myself are both going to donate £50.00 each to the CPL to sponsor Ginger so that should cover the medical bill at least.

Sooo alls well that ends well as they say.

I have just registered both my cats with Kingfisher Veterinary practice .....Oops did I name them lol  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:  and I'm going to nominate said practice as outstanding in their quality of care, service and particularly their genuine concern and empathy of their staff for small animals. exemplary. :Luv:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 16:23:23 PM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 15:32:53 PM »
great news.  Reallly hope this means a turnaround for Ginger.  :)

Glad to hear the CPL had a change of heart.  It seems to be dependant on where in the country and who you deal with you can get different answers!!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 15:07:28 PM »
Aw, well done Nick, that's great news both for your puds, and for Ginger as well.

Lets hope he can find an adoring human and enjoy a few home comforts  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 14:58:36 PM »
thanks dawn lets hope so. I always felt really sorry for him because he so clearly wanted a home. He would break in peoples homes and make himself at home on their sofas eat all their cat's food and throw the owners own cats out.  :)

Hope he finds his forever home with lots of love and effection he deserves. He was only being a cat afterall.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 14:51:30 PM »
well done Nick!  hope this is the start of a happier life for ginger

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 14:48:21 PM »
thanks everyone for all your excellent suggestions and advivce.

We have justreceived a call from our local vets to say that the local CPL have now done a complete reversal and have agreed to take him.  :shocked:

I think the vets must have applied some serious persuasion  :)

After all its what CPL are supposed to do surely? rehome cats.

Ginger has had a full MOT and clean bill of health. I offered to pay the £50 for the first  vacinations but apparently the CPL are picking up the tab for that as well .  ;D

What a relief  I just cannot tell you. I have been on the phone for 3x days arranging things for Ginger with my neighbour.

I know you'll find this incredable but both my cats have shown a remarkable change in their attitudes and behaviour since Ginger went off to the vets 2x days ago. They no longer prickle and flinch all the time and furtively look everywhere for Ginger. Lardass bless her has been outside in the lane all morning hunting like she always used to . Things are getting back to normal in the Peanut family.
Lovely to hear from my Purrs friends again. Take care luv Nick Peanut & Boo

caption:  `there'l be a bus along in a minute I expect !'
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 14:56:06 PM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 14:13:52 PM »
You coudl also see if your local free paper / newspaper will put ina special message for you??? 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 14:07:29 PM »
a friend of mine has had a very similar problem Nick, she did manage to catch him with the idea of getting him neutered and seeing if he settled down well enough to live with her cat (who he had bitten very nastily causing a big vets bill) but unfortunately he managed to escape - I hope you do manage to find somewhere, he probably will be much nicer without all the raging hormones

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 13:51:05 PM »
thanks for your replies and suggestions . Yes there is a very good reason why we cannot have him back here .He has been terrorizing out neigbourhood for two years and I personally have had over £200.00 worth of vet's bills for my cats because he is so savage with other cats. His terriroy is simply huge and there are 4 other cat owners to my certain knowledge who have also had serious problems with their cats and Ginger.
It simply is not a possibility to consider. As it has taken nearly a year to manage to catch him we will not be letting him go again until we find him a home.

he is fine with people and we think he was probably in someone's home originally . He just is really viscious with other cats.
He was seen dragging another neighbours cat out of the cat flap . :Crazy:  and he has burst through my new cat flap splitting it in two . He waits outside peoples cat flaps for their cats to come out then sets upon them and the attack frequently lasts for over a minute which is exceptionally long.

I'll post him on catchat ,good idea but I think we are going to need more urgent immediate help or he is going to be pts .

I think maybe a farm is the way to go so I'll try phoning some local farms but it is a long shot.

I was rather hoping thaat somone might have rehomed a similar cat sometime and might have some leads or suggestions.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 12:38:50 PM »
Get his details up on CatChat Nick.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 12:37:35 PM »
Before we trapped him we called the local CPL who indicated that provided he was neutered and his bloods were fine they would help rehome him... however last night a rather supercillious head honcho at the local CPL rang and said they would do nothing to help and would not accept him on their register.

I think you should contact CP HQ now and advise them of the situation and how you were spoken to.

Why does the little one need PTS, is there a reason why he cannot live where he has for the last 2 yrs until a new home can be found? You can always trap him again for his 2nd injection. Also by that time he may have calmed down a bit.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Distinguished Cat
Ginger needs a new home urgently poss pts
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:49:58 AM »
I need your help and advice purrs bunnies.
 Briefly we have a big ginger feral cat who has been living rough for the past 2 years and has finaly been caught and neutered. He has had a full checkup and has a clean bill of health. By tonight he will have had his first round of jabs but we will have to retrieve him from the Vets tonight. He is very independant and an outdoor cat but very friendly, although not the sort to sit on your lap . He will not mix well with other cats but would be fine on his own with a knowlegable owner.He is actually quite friendly and effectionate with people.

We thought a farm might also  suit him actually because he is an inveterate fighter and not really ideal to introduce to a area with other cats. he may calm down a bit now that he is neutered however.

Before we trapped him we called the local CPL who indicated that provided he was neutered and his bloods were fine they would help rehome him... however last night a rather supercillious head honcho at the local CPL rang and said they would do nothing to help and would not accept him on their register.  :censored: :censored: :censored:  panic  :Crazy:

I am going to be spending all day ringing around and posting to try to find him a home or he will have to be put to sleep which would be a great shame and deeply traumatic for my neighbour who has been feeding and caring for him in her garden for the past year. If the worse comes to the worse we can pay for him to go to the local kennel for 7 days but he would have to go after that as she is fully booked

anyl advice would be very welcome from  experienced re-homers thanks

Location Crewkerne ,South Somerset. (Nr Taunton/Yeovil)

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 11:52:46 AM by Nick (Peanut & Boo) »

Link to CatChat