Author Topic: URGENT 14 year old house cat needs foster or forever home  (Read 6397 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: URGENT 14 year old house cat needs foster or forever home (Homed)
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2006, 22:11:02 PM »
Nice one  ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 22:40:25 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: URGENT 14 year old house cat needs foster or forever home
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2006, 10:44:09 AM »
I am so pleased there is a happy ending for this little one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 10:34:04 AM »
Aww, that's brilliant news she's very lucky to have found you.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2006, 22:44:09 PM »
Aw..that has  brought a tear or two to my eye. :hug:I am so pleased for you both. Well done to your oh. I have a great one too. I know some people aren't as lucky as us.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2006, 21:06:00 PM »
 :Luv: What great news.  So pleased Sky has a new forever home with you, your OH and all your furry family.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2006, 19:11:28 PM »
That's wonderful news ;D,  poor babe has had such an upheaval but it sounds as if she has landed on her feet/paws and is settling in nicely with your family.
Wishing you all the best with Sky (lovely name) and the rest of your furry family,
F and the boys  :Luv:

Offline Rescued4life

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2006, 17:24:45 PM »
 :wow: :Luv: :wow:  :Luv: :wow:  :Luv: :wow:  :Luv: :wow:  :Luv: :wow:  :Luv:

I know i love my oh loads and loads and he puts up with loads of bother and demands with the rescued animals we take in (or should that be i convince him to take in)

but we were towling Sky as tiddles has  now been called (she doesnt react to her name and she spends her time on top of our sky box)  :innocent: and cutting out a few of her lesser tats in her fur now she has started to trust us and come to us for cuddles. We may have to take her to the vets as some were a lot worse with closer inspection :( but she sat and growled hissed then when we started she calmed down and let us get on with it she even came for a cuddle of her own accord - we thought it may set her back a week or so in her progress in trusting us etc.

Anyways i will get to the point my other half said do you want to keep her - stupid question really but after telling him this he put his reasoning to it - she is 14 and has settled our cats are not too bad with her only hissing at her if they get in her face. The ferrets are learning to keep thier distance and if they dont she tends to hiss and run and rehoming her will probably set her back if not give her a heart attack.

All the things i was thinking but wanted him to come to his own reasoning for it as i have already convinced him with our other 4 rescue cats and he only had 2 when he met me. also we had taken on a permenant resident cat who is 10 and we had agreed this before we heard about sky and two extras in one week as permenants may have been alot to ask of anyone.

anyways all excited and glad to know she can keep her spot on the sky box and live out her years in our not so calm but very loving and caring home with a great vet if required, as much food and TLC and treats and toys that she can ever want.

Thanks again you guys for all your help and support

Jane

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2006, 09:11:27 AM »
Well that's lovely news :) - do hope she gets her forever home soon (fingers crossed)

Offline Rescued4life

• Kitten
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2006, 07:51:16 AM »
This little kitty is turning out to be areal cudlles she is vocal when she sees us and has now found a new spot on top of our sky box!! have got a great pic and will try and get it on here somehow for you. She is eating well drinking and cleaning herself and even lets us pick her up now with a bit of his at the start but will happily sit with you once she has been picked up. She had a great xmas day and enjoyed opening her pressies but was more interested in the toys the other cats had and was actig kitten like on her back for the cat niop toys - great to see She is still in need of a home however at least we can see a bit of her personalilty coming out. She tollerates our cats but the ferrets are a cause of confusion for her and needs a new home to call her own- or should that be lap as she wants one all of her own. and has sussed out that the sofa is a great place to catch the 2 of us for suddles and strokes.

Hope all the other cats had a great xmas and and lets hope all those looking for forever homes find them for the new year including our friendly female here

:hug:

Offline Rescued4life

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 07:32:26 AM »
Well i got a phone call at work on Friday from my other half saying that she stood up and rubbed off him - doent sound much but it made our day. Since then she has come on a bit and now ever tries to follow you then chickens out. She has started to eat and loves every time we go to the loo as we pass her and she can get an extra sneaky cuddle/stroke. It is very encouraging to see these small but huge changes in her personality she is obviously a very loving cat. We have had another cat handed in - which we had planned her arrival last week with her owners and she has taken to hiding in the loo however she arrived yesterday and is already exploring and woke us up at 3 this morning by meeting our old ginger tom in the bedroom which started a hissing match hes harmless but loud and she just curled up in the basket.

Thanks again

She is probably going to keep her name as she has had it for 14 years and it is about the only thing she brings with her so Tiddles ;D is still looking for a home so if anyone hears of any suitable mum or dad please let me know

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2006, 17:24:24 PM »
Rescued4life - how are you getting on with trying to sort this girl out?

It's starting to look a lot as if I may not be able to stay at home for the whole of the christmas period as my grandpa (200 miles away in London) is very poorly and probably won't be able to travel - I have emergency arrangements in place for my cats and long-term foster if it does go that way but I'm not at all sure about adding another waif to that when I won't be sure I'll be around to make sure everyone's OK - I'm concerned enough about leaving Ollie.  :(
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 16:06:07 PM »
This is such a sad story. I am not able to take anymore cats on, as our 4th cat is still settling in. If anyone can offer a home and there is a journey involved, I don't mind travelling some of the way if that helps. I am in the Midlands. I am crap at georgraphy, so don't know how much help that would be.
Poor little girl, I feel so sorry for her. 

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 09:22:16 AM »
Aww, the poor sweetheat do hope she gets a home asap :'(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 07:38:13 AM »
Ditto, with even a worse New Year.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 07:38:45 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 23:13:41 PM »
I second that last comment of Beanies  :'(

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006, 23:08:39 PM »
I would dearly love your story to be a one off. That would be bad enough. Sadly Ela's comments below are right and I bet these f :censored:
didn't hesitate to carve up personal chattels and anything of value. Everything else would be binned just like this poor cat. Even the cat carrier would appear to have monetary value to them. W :censored:

I wish I could be of more practical help but I'm down in Surrey. Having said that my contacts are full to bursting at the seams and spare places are so difficult right now.

This cat is having to suffer 4 massive changes. The loss of 2 love ones; the loss of a home where she may have been the only animal and now a new home. Thankfully,the new temporary home has her best interest at heart.

Please keep us all posted.

PS I hope the people who have turfed her out have a truly miserable christmas.

Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 22:50:58 PM »
So sad  :'(

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 19:46:59 PM »
Gosh thats so sad! I would love to help, but I'm in Wiltshire, prob too far for the little one to travel? I could offer a quiet household and her own spacious room away from the other cats for the time being, as well as my time and love.

Offline Rescued4life

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 18:32:15 PM »
Got in today from work to find she is still not a happy cat and basically she hasnt moved all day. My other half has found she is matted underneath which wont be helping her and our ferrets dont know what is happening and neither does she for that matter. She cant understand what they are or why they are depserate to investigate her. Due to work going on in our bath room we have had to store all the materials in my spare room and it is a struggle to get in so we have absolutly nowhere where she can just be on her own in a quiet place. Our cats are not that bothered by her but she is of them.

I am desperate to find her a home where she can spend xmas if not the rest of her life as she deserves better than this at her age. I would prefer to find somewhere localish as i dont drive and my parnters car is currently off the road awaitng parts. If anyone can offer her a home i can work on trying to find transport for her although i think the way she is it would be better to be more local as i am not sure she would 'cope' with the travel.

i hope some home comes along soon either temp or forever - however i wont rehome her if i dont think it is a suitable home as she is stressed out enough as it is.

thanks again you guys this is a great site and i am so glad i fell accross it last night.  :)

Offline Rescued4life

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 09:41:02 AM »
Quite right Ela i wasn't in when they guy dropped her off but he wasn't particularly bothered about leaving her with only 4 tiny packs of cat food and he appeared more bothered that he would have to leave the cat box as she refused out right to leave it and my partner was not prepared to drag her out there and then.

Apparently there was a Daughter who wanted to take her on but she had a dog which would have terrorised her.

I would haunt anyone who dared to do anything to my critters either permenant ones or the rescues that come in and out. And my partner knows this and i am lucky enough to trust him to do the right thing if anything did happen to me. - It makes you think though.

All she came with is a small cushion as a familiar item - we try and help them settle in using a familiar bed and items so it is not a complete shock although this is not always possible.

She lets you stroke her but she is just sooo confused about what is going on it is awful. she had the same mum and dad for 14 years and then spends 2 or more weeks without them and then they clear the house out around her - they were quick enough to do that though. They only gave me 1/2 day whilst i was at work.  :censored:

My mobile no is 07949312753 before 9pm it may be better to text if poss as i am at work or PM me as i can get online or failing that my outside email is jalapeno_design@hotmail.com.

Lets hope we can find her a perfect home with time and patience

Thanks again

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 22:03:02 PM »
Have PM'ed you me phone numbers, Des  :)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 21:14:54 PM »
Will have a chat with you off the forum if you dont mind Becca?
Please spay your cat

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 21:11:55 PM »
I may be able to help But i am quite a distance away in Bedfordshire PM me if you dont hear anything else from someone nearer to you ?
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 21:11:13 PM »
Des I could be your 'backup' if you do eventually feel like taking her, maybe? If you start to feel its too much or whatever then I could just come and grab her.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 21:07:16 PM »
Aww, the poor thing. I have the quiet house but not sure about taking on another permanent at the moment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 20:55:07 PM »
 :( poor baby ... she must be terrified by everything that has happened and be wondering why her world has just turned upside down.

Fingers crossed something will turn up for her if not Rebeccas offer sounds like a good one.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 18:40:03 PM »
Oh, bless her.  :'(

I've got 2 6 month old house-cats and an elderly foster who is in 'palliative care' but she is very welcome here if no better offers come forward. I'm in Manchester and could arrange to meet you half-way (Leeds?) or something.

Sounds like she desperately needs a quiet home all to herself, though, which this assuredly is not.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 18:38:52 PM »
no family members are able to take her on.

Sadly this is a story I hear almost daily. Please don't think I am harsh but will any family members be able to take on anything from the house, the house itself or money, you bet they will.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Rescued4life

• Kitten
URGENT 14 year old house cat needs foster or forever home
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 18:21:46 PM »
hi

We have had news about a cat who is female 14 years old and quiet and sleeps alot in need of a desperate home today. The cats parents were an elderly couple her dad has spent alot of time in hospital and her mum died two weeks ago. Her dad died yesterday and she has been left in the home while men come and go and clean HER place out. Family members have been feeding her however with the death of two parents they have not had any time for her apart from provide food and clean tray out etc. This couple had her from a kitten and no family members are able to take her on.

She is absolutly petrified and has come into us as a last resort - otherwise i think it woas a visit to the vets :scared:

The only problem being we have 5 cats of our own and she is not too impressed by them also at present we have 3 free roaming house ferrets and the others that come out during the day on numerous occaiosns. She has managed to wedge herself behind the toilet and is just sitting there as her little place of saftey.

She would love to be the lap cat she was used to being in a quiet household where she can get her cat naps in peace.

we would prefer a forever home however we would consider a foster / temp home if suitable just to try and calm her down.

Please email info@rescued4life.co.uk for more info or pics.

We are in Newcastle area

Link to CatChat