Author Topic: Mogs and Amber  (Read 3134 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Mogs and Amber
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2006, 10:03:27 AM »
Very touching, and sad that even today that very same rescue still tell people to leave outside and they will find their way home. (our branch does anyway)
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 09:57:15 AM »
Ah your story is lovely......

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2006, 16:34:04 PM »
Thank you  ;D I'll know what to call her now
love
Tab

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 16:29:20 PM »
Tab - proper torties don't have white on them, if they do then they're "tortie and white" surprisingly enough LOL

Amber is a tortoiseshell although she's kind of brindled rather than splotchy like most torties you see.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 16:15:08 PM »
Thanks for your replies. Im never sure what to call Amber. I thought torties had white on them but Im not sure so as shes a little naughty she gets the norty tortie label lol
Kezza They've not been that close again since or in fact before but Im glad I was there to see it as its so rare.
love
Tab

Offline Kezza

• Adult Cat
  • Barney
    • Barney Piccies
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 14:58:55 PM »

Hi Tab!

Lovely piccies, I loved the one you showed the other day when they were on the chair together!

Amber does have very pretty colouring!

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 13:17:59 PM »
They both look pretty well to me  ;D

Amber is a cool colour too 8)
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Mogs and Amber
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 11:45:03 AM »
Mogs came into my life from a rescue in 1997. At the time they said she was old (6), ill, wouldnt live long and would cost me a fortune in vet bills. Now 9 years on shes doing great. She needs daily meds for high blood pressure but apart from that is very well. She is a completely different cat from the scruffy bald patched nervous one she was and loves having cuddles on her terms. She hates being picked up and wont sit on my knee but when shes frightened about anything she comes to find me and is happy so long as she can see me. When I got ill in 1999 (with ME) she used to be shut out of the bedroom and fretted because I didnt get up when she thought I should. I started leaving the door open and would wake to find her lying near my shoulder just watching me prefectly happy as she could see me. Considering that I had never had a cat and had no idea what to do for them I think shes turned out ok.
Amber walked into the block of flats in nov 1999. The rspca said to put her outside again and let her find her way home even though there were fireworks going off and she was terrified. Some friends brought her to me as I was off sick and at home all day so I said she could stay a couple of nights whislt we tried to find her owner. We never did so she never left. Shes a real cuddle kitten who loves to walk all over me. She always finds the most painful places to stand but gets forgiven as she looks so cute. Shes very cheeky compared to Mogs and I had to quickly learn not to leave food out, not to have flowers etc.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Link to CatChat