Author Topic: UKRCC  (Read 6228 times)

cat man do

Re: UKRCC
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 20:41:45 PM »
I have to say I was shocked to find that Ragdolls are given up and dumped when I first developed a passion for them.

I have four now. All for life I might add.

They are such beautiful cats and not cheap.

expect to pay £450 for a pet kitten and up to £800 for a breeding/show potential kitten.

Its really sad but I guess its the same with other pedigree cats nowadays.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 18:10:06 PM »
good luck with the awareness campaign kelly...  it is a sad fact that it does seem no matter how much money people spend on a cat or any animal it does not guarantee them a decent life or being thrown by the wayside when owners get bored, etc. 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 19:12:02 PM »
His story is very sad. Sadly we  get a few poor raggies like him in. You would think that because you have to pay high prices for ped cats they would be taken care of very well but I am sorry to say this is not always the case. I am just gald the ukrcc is there to help these poor souls. :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 17:59:14 PM »
Just to add my small voice of support - have a look on Cat Chat, at the thread called Alfies Story.  It will break your heart, but Alfie is being cared-for now...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
UKRCC
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 17:18:38 PM »
The ukrcc resuce and rehome ragdoll cats and other semi long longhaired cats but mostly ragdolls. If you have a ragdoll that you need to rehome or you would like to rehome one of our many cats then take a look on our website www.ukrcc.co.uk and fill in our on line form or pm me if you have a ragdoll that needs to be rehomed.

www.ukrcc.co.uk

Link to CatChat