Author Topic: Two 13 year old cats need a home  (Read 3270 times)

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
Re: Two 13 year old cats need a home
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 18:30:35 PM »
Just to say I do know about the silly advice handed out by midwives.  My daughter in law is pregnant with her first child and they have adopted an indoor cat.  The first thing the midwife said was "cat had to go" , you cant touch litter trays etc.  Cat might get in with baby and cause damage. She really upset my daughter in law.. fortunately Lyn, my daughter in law  is a very strong lady and told the midwife in no uncertain terms what to do with her advice but I do think some people are frightened by so called authority figures and will take their word as gospel

Offline shecat

• Senior Cat
  • Tilly Ollie and Loki
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 18:22:09 PM »
Hum, have you asked her why they dont mix, some doctors and midwives still give out silly advice to mothers on babies and cats.  If its the  the toxioplasmosis scares  (sorry cant spell)then that is easy to overcome, otherwise I dont understand.  Also you said in your subject that these cats are 13. I really cant understand why two loving cats of 13 are being sold down the river.  Cats and babies work, my cat came first, babies second and they all lived happily together.  Sorry Dawn cant help on rehoming the cats but I will help you strangle the silly woman.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 16:20:10 PM »
kids and cats DO mix.

Absolutly, I have had (oope one should not say have had) cat all my life and my daughter has 2 children and had 3 (sadly now only one) indoor cats and no problems.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline bagpussarah

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 16:11:40 PM »
For  :censored: sake.....kids and cats DO mix. Our family is proof of that. People like that make me soooooooooooo angry. >:(

I hope they get the good home they deserve.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:16:09 AM »
Hi Dawn,

Good luck in finding a home for them.

Wish I could do more to help.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 05:16:38 AM »
Reading this leave me speachless

When you are in rescue this is almost an everyday occurrence, and nothing is a surprise.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 14:25:04 PM »
Grrrr......why do people do that? Hope these two find a brilliant home soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 13:52:03 PM »
Dawn, Reading this leave me speachless.  I have only had my kittens under 1 year but I couldnt ever think of getting rid of them.  Me and my partner are talking about kids sometime soon but to me children and pets go hand in hand as part of family life, (unless of course there is any danger to the animal or baby but you dont just give one up for the other).  I wish you the best of luck in homing these 2 poor cats.
Marie
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Two 13 year old cats need a home
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 12:27:29 PM »
Had a phone call off a lady and she's decided her cats and her baby don't mix so she's looking for a home.  My blood is boiling about this, I've explained it's a bad time of year, and that they may be overlooked because of their age but as long as she gets them in somewhere, this doesn't seem to matter  :censored:  They are a ginger/white and a tabby/white, if anyone can offer these two babes a loving home for xmas, can you pm me your details and I'll be in touch.  They are in the Flintshire area of North Wales.

Link to CatChat