Author Topic: Private PM List for items that can't be posted due to content?  (Read 15432 times)

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
Re: Private PM List for items that can't be posted due to content?
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2007, 14:57:18 PM »
I'm sorry if my post added to the confusion. I made it thinking that, where we aren't sure whether to post a link, we could have a range of options, including asking the Mods for advice. The more options we have, the more self-moderation there is. Some links are obviously OK, some obviously aren't, but there's a range in the middle,where the subject needs to be highlighted, but the link might be too upsetting, and posting it could be counter productive.
This is all about fine-tuning though - I agree with everyone who's said that the balance on this forum is already about right.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2007, 08:29:17 AM »
don't really know why we have got to this point?

I think it could have started when a couple of UTube links were posted and a poster thought them funny and mentioned something like 'if it was their cat they would have laughed,' others  were concerned for the cat and wondered how someone could laugh when the cat could have injured itself.

I have to say we have until now managed very well, so perhaps the mountain we seem to have built can turn once again into a molehill and action taken for a change if the mountain rises once again. Hopefully lessons will not have been learn as to what is acceptable on what is essentially a fundraising/rescue site.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2007, 22:41:53 PM »
Ooooh and 3 weeks to wait to see  :evillaugh:

Seriously cant wait for the auction, it was ace last year  :Luv:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2007, 21:50:09 PM »
Yayyyy back to the fun then  ;D

Hey Lins it aint just one great item for the auctio i got, i got loads  :happy dance: :agree: :birth 2: :pressie: :yes:

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2007, 21:43:12 PM »
Good stuff sounds like we are all sorted then  ;D

Mmmm intrigued about the auction item Tanny................ :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2007, 19:19:48 PM »
I've avoided responding to this thread up til now, and I have lost track a bit of what everyone has said and what the options are (not been around a lot the past week or so and have probably missed some of the threads people refer to) but can I suggest we take a step backwards and chill out?   I know Tan has asked for choices which is fair enough but I feel this whole thread is a knee jerk reaction to a few recent threads and we are all in danger of turning a drama into a crisis.  My head's whirling with all the possible options and opinions and I can't help but feel we are making things way too complicated.  We can't keep everyone happy all of the time - there will be moments when we disagree over what is appropriate or not - but that's life and virtual life is not different from real life in that respect. We just have to deal with things as they come along and then move on.

My own opinion is that a warning that a link or post contains potentially upsetting material is sufficient.  Posters should avoid being too explicit in their posts when reporting cruelty so that people can choose whether or not they want to read about a specific case.  Instances where cruelty or possible cruelty is posted for specatcle or entertainment only (an example being the link a while back to a very overweight cat) are not acceptable, but I think that is in keeping with Purrs guidelines and no further rules are needed.  Links to other sites that are advertising are also not acceptable.  Links to Youtube are a tricky area, but I see no problem with posting a link to something that the original poster considers cute or funny.  If a moderator considers it not funny and deletes the link or closes the thread then c'est la vie.  That is just the way life is - it's not the end of the world and the OP in that case would just have to accept that they thought it was ok but someone else didn't and move on.

This is my opinion as a member and not as a moderator.  I'm also speaking generally and none of my comments refer to any specific poster, post or thread.  I just feel this is all in danger of getting a bit silly.  We can't regulate for every possible situation that may arise.

Couldn't have put it better myself hun.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2007, 19:17:37 PM »
I agree with you Susanne but the problem is that a moderator did exactly what you said and people didnt move on and its caused all this trouble!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2007, 19:17:01 PM »
For what its worth I agree with Michelle, we are in danger of over moderating this forum and as someone suggested earlier running it very like a nanny state!

I do appreciate we are all different and some more sensitive than others but surely we can come to a compromise without creating more and more rules......we are all adults here and I dont believe for one moment that any of our regular posters would support what they believe to be animal cruelty!

I agree Linda, we certanly don'y want to start on the strict rules route and "nanny state", we get enough of that from the Government lately.  :innocent: The thing is all of us are here for a reason.... we care about cats  :Luv: and more than that we want also to help those cats less fortunate than our own through the wonderful rescues.  :Luv:

I posted earlier about how i feel and why Purrs was created as a fundraisng site with some side fun for our members to enjoy while helping the rescues who need the support.  It has always been that any "trolls" that join us to purely upset (and thank god we haven't been hit badly with them), would be moderated and banned, that wont change and the guidelines we have always had from the start are still in place. They are there so we can all come to a place we want to, a friendly place to chat, advise, support and to help needy cats. It's that simple, thats what Purrs is and i will try my hardest for it to stay that way.  :wish:

To be honest , i don't really know why we have got to this point?  We all love cats, and none of us want to see posts that are purely posted to upset, they will be moderated, no diff from before all this started.   I think what's happened is that we all have different views on what upsetting is and we went through a spate of alot of posts that can be seen as upsetting to some. We have to find a happy medium, something to give everyone a choice for themselves to read or not.  All of us have a choice on purrs, some of us just want to read about the cat topics, some also post in non cat, some of us like to read the jokes section, some play the arcade, some don't have time too. etc etc We are all diff and we have built up Purrs to have something for everybody (i hope  :rofl: ).

From all the posts here and it's good to have these dicussions :), it's plain to see that we still have different views on what you would like.

So what i am gonna do is open a new board called Cat Welfare articles and news.  This board can be used to post news or welfare articles. For example if there is news that in a certain area cats are missing or being hurt as a warning to members, or if there is an article on a medical treatment that is contraversial etc etc.  If there are posts which contan links to medical pictures that many upset, them simply pop a line of text saying that they may disturb some and if you want to you can use the warning symbol too. We will all have the choice to read the thread and to view the links.  

We already have the buddie list and the warning symbol if you so choose to use them, totally your chioce. The last thing i want to do is take your freedom of choice away, nothing worse in my opinion.   :-:

The forum basic guidelines are still in place all over the forum as they have always been. They are basic guidelines that we all as cat lovers would follow naturally anyway because of our common love of cats and are mainly there to give newbies a view of how we want our forum to be.   Trolls that post deliberately upsetting or provking posts wil be treated as they have been in the past. :Luv:

Now there is one thing i wanna know........................................

Have ya got ya auction stuff ready cause it starts 3 weeks today   :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: hee hee just wait to see what i got to put up  :yayyy: :yayyy:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2007, 19:14:30 PM »
I've avoided responding to this thread up til now, and I have lost track a bit of what everyone has said and what the options are (not been around a lot the past week or so and have probably missed some of the threads people refer to) but can I suggest we take a step backwards and chill out?   I know Tan has asked for choices which is fair enough but I feel this whole thread is a knee jerk reaction to a few recent threads and we are all in danger of turning a drama into a crisis.  My head's whirling with all the possible options and opinions and I can't help but feel we are making things way too complicated.  We can't keep everyone happy all of the time - there will be moments when we disagree over what is appropriate or not - but that's life and virtual life is not different from real life in that respect. We just have to deal with things as they come along and then move on.

My own opinion is that a warning that a link or post contains potentially upsetting material is sufficient.  Posters should avoid being too explicit in their posts when reporting cruelty so that people can choose whether or not they want to read about a specific case.  Instances where cruelty or possible cruelty is posted for specatcle or entertainment only (an example being the link a while back to a very overweight cat) are not acceptable, but I think that is in keeping with Purrs guidelines and no further rules are needed.  Links to other sites that are advertising are also not acceptable.  Links to Youtube are a tricky area, but I see no problem with posting a link to something that the original poster considers cute or funny.  If a moderator considers it not funny and deletes the link or closes the thread then c'est la vie.  That is just the way life is - it's not the end of the world and the OP in that case would just have to accept that they thought it was ok but someone else didn't and move on.

This is my opinion as a member and not as a moderator.  I'm also speaking generally and none of my comments refer to any specific poster, post or thread.  I just feel this is all in danger of getting a bit silly.  We can't regulate for every possible situation that may arise.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2007, 17:40:05 PM »
That's what I mean Gill. The current guidelines are clear and simple, I don't understand why we need further guidelines. I'll step out of this discussion.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2007, 17:38:15 PM »
We are having the discussion Ruth because below, Tan has asked us questions before further guidelines are put out, in an attempt to please as many as possible.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2007, 17:30:04 PM »
Personally I don't understand why we're having this lengthy discussion. Tan owns this forum and she has set guidelines which are posted and has tried her best to make everyone happy with what they want. I figure we have the warning triangle, you can choose to read it or not. End of.  You choose to read it and you aren't happy then just report it.  A moderator can see whether or not it warrants moderating or not.

The guidelines are there for posting, they tell you what is appropriate and what is not. I say let's just move on.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2007, 17:28:42 PM »
I think you have misunderstood what I meant about wanton animal cruelty.

We have had many upsetting threads that put links to press reports about wanton animal cruelty, where there have been press reports of what has happened.....this is what I am referring too.

The uTube videos fall into the last category I have suggested where distressed animals are put up to have a laugh at.

I am not suggesting anything different to what Tan has asked and the poll shows, just trying to clarify what would go where.

So why are you all getting upset now about a so called nanny site when you werent before?

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2007, 15:36:13 PM »
For what its worth I agree with Michelle, we are in danger of over moderating this forum and as someone suggested earlier running it very like a nanny state!

I do appreciate we are all different and some more sensitive than others but surely we can come to a compromise without creating more and more rules......we are all adults here and I dont believe for one moment that any of our regular posters would support what they believe to be animal cruelty!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #74 on: November 04, 2007, 14:55:15 PM »
The Youtube vids that have been posted on here wernt to do with animal cruelty.

SpecialRed and Mark's threads were not cruel to the cats.

This is getting really silly now IMO

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #73 on: November 04, 2007, 13:54:49 PM »
I can think of a reason to let people know about those YouTube videos that promote animal cruelty - whenever I see them I vote them down. It would not be appropriate to promote them generally though, so PMing those you know won't misunderstand your motives is the right way to go. There are some videos and websites that are dubious, and if you're not sure about them a PM to a Mod or Admin would be best. Another option, if possible, would be to have a forum where you can post but where the posts don't show up until moderated. That depends on the forum software though. The kind of thing this kind of moderation would be needed for includes such subjects as declawing, where the information is educational, but where the resources contain graphic images.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #72 on: November 04, 2007, 13:52:43 PM »
Wanton cruelty to animals that is deliberate and is upsetting to read...........warning in title and triangle/maybe a different board

For the life of me I just cannot understand why anyone on here especially, when we  can do nothing about it, would want to read about wanton cruelty to animals

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #71 on: November 04, 2007, 13:46:30 PM »
I also have a problem with the triangles cos to me these would be threads I dont want to read but one that Dawn has a triangle on is a warning to people top beware of Gin traps in a certain part of the country and that is one that to me is something people need to be aware of if they live there

I would agree that the triangle would not necessarily work, as indeed the above shows.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: November 04, 2007, 13:28:23 PM »
I also have a problem with the triangles cos to me these would be threads I dont want to read but one that Dawn has a triangle on is a warning to people top beware of Gin traps in a certain part of the country and that is one that to me is something people need to be aware of if they live there.

Yes its cruelty and probably the link in there is not something I would want to read but this is a public service message, and not one to have the traingle only a warning with the link.

I think we have to have a clear definition of how posts /threads fall.

Examples:

Wanton cruelty to animals that is deliberate and is upsetting to read...........warning in title and triangle/maybe a different board
Public Service messages, maybe cruelty but its the link that has the upsetting stuff in..............warning in thread/post
Public Service message cos a cat needs our help due to neglect, cruelty......warning in title
Posts/threads that are put up to shock, gain reactions but are of animals in distress that some people think are fun..........not to be posted at all

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #69 on: November 04, 2007, 13:11:11 PM »
Yes Ela

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2007, 13:08:50 PM »
To have a warning title and symbol and posted in General or current sections.

If it is done like that won’t people who look at most recent post on the forum be faced with them?

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2007, 11:51:47 AM »
Isnt a warning in the title enough ?

I thought that would be simple - if you dont like the nature of the title DONT open it ....or am I missing something ?

As for the YouTube clips, its nothing worse than watching "you've been framed"

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #66 on: November 03, 2007, 17:12:31 PM »
Ive just voted but Im not telling  :evillaugh: .....as if no one would know being the first voter  :rofl:  ;) Sorry for being silly  :P

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #65 on: November 03, 2007, 17:06:11 PM »

It will still only be legitimate topics for discussion, like this research Mark mentioned, will it not?  The troll-y, sensationalist or deliberately provocative stuff will still be against forum standards?

Yes Chris your right. The stuff that deliberately is posted  purely to offend will be moderated.

So do we need a poll for this?

I will put one up anyway so we can see what people prefer.  :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #64 on: November 03, 2007, 16:56:34 PM »
Sounds like its back to the "warning" symbol....I dont read the negative sounding (to me) posts so do miss out on some that are less harsh than they sound....Then the peeps who have to sort through these threads will have an easier job wading through...Maybe using amber and red to highlight the degree....(not meaning too over the top though!)  ;)

In a new section is also good  :ok:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 16:58:29 PM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2007, 16:43:56 PM »
I think a new board is a good idea, althoguh if they will still show up on unread posts, I will have a similar prob as Gill with loads of threads to wade through to find the ones I actually wanted to answer (I read most of them at work, then reply at home).
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #62 on: November 03, 2007, 16:30:02 PM »
I am not sure Christine, cos maybe I misunderstood Tans post but assumed thats what would go on a new board, hopefully I am wrong but not sure

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #61 on: November 03, 2007, 16:27:28 PM »
I read everything from unread posts, so thats what I meant bout not wanting to have to wade through loads of nasty titles cos I definately will not be reading any of this stuff like I said before.

It will still only be legitimate topics for discussion, like this research Mark mentioned, will it not?  The troll-y, sensationalist or deliberately provocative stuff will still be against forum standards?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: November 03, 2007, 16:22:30 PM »
I read everything from unread posts, so thats what I meant bout not wanting to have to wade through loads of nasty titles cos I definately will not be reading any of this stuff like I said before.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2007, 16:18:06 PM »
I would say that the warning triangle system ought to take care of it.  Thinking of the report that Mark read, that started this discussion, it is probably a good example of something a lot of us would like to be aware of because then we have avenues of legitimate protest open to us.  If we do not know these things are going on, we will not be able to argue against them.

On the other hand, most of us would like to choose the times to confront such things and the warning symbol with a description such as medical research (in this case) would enable us to do that.

Speaking as one of the people who will have to read all the cautioned material anyway, for obvious reasons, I would certainly rather choose my time to do so if I can.

:Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2007, 12:23:50 PM »
One thing with having a sep board will be that the threads there will still come up the the show latest threads link at the bottom and in show all unread posts link at the top.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2007, 12:06:46 PM »
Yes Mark is right by the main purpose of Purrs is for the rescues, to help them with funds, to help support them in anyway we possibly can.  That is my passion, i call it passion cause the buzz i get when we as a group / family fundraise and pass over the funds to the rescues. Do ya know since we started almost a year ago we have raise and given to the rescues over £5000 !!!!! :wow: :wow:   Over 5 grand for the poor cats that our wonderful rescue save every minute, every day , every year.  We have done that from  having such wonderful members and by having events where we can have fun while raisng the money.  I honestly feel so proud of you all for it's every single one of you that has made this possible.  :Luv:
One little website that started only as a temp basis to hold the last Xmas auction has raised over £5000 so far, you have helped pay for vet bills that save the needy cats, you have helped the rescues care and love the needy cats and the end result is they too find a loving home the same as our babes have the luxury of having. I have always wanted to do something more to help the needy amimals and Purrs will always be here with your help to do just that, my "passion" will never fade.  It may sound soppy or ott but that is how i have always felt. I think of just one poor cat, unloved, treated cruely, never cared for. I see him or her sitting there so sad and all i want to do to give him or her the love they sooooo deserve. There are sooooo many out there just like that and the more we help the rescues, the more we help them.

We use the "fun" side of Purrs to keep our members together so we all have a place to chat with each other about our cats, loves and dislikes etc and it helps the fundraing side to have a large community.

Leigh, you have come up with another solution to have a sep board where any posts that members think might upset can be posted and the members who do not wish to see these post simply do not go into that section.  This is something we can easily do as well as having the choice of a buddie list and warning titles.  If you would also like the new board, what do you sugest we call it?  :)

I will try my very best and anything possible to make everyone happy cause at the end of the day the more happy members we have, the more fundraing we can do and therefore the more rescues we can help.  :Luv:

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:10:04 PM by Tan »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2007, 11:45:32 AM »
I think Leigh that many would agree with you. I myself come on here mainly for the rescue and advice sections. I don't mind a bit of lighthearted chat on the General cat chat, but I don't want to see videos with a cat in that could have easily hurt itself and than someone posting how they laughed when they saw it. So I understand perfectly what you are saying. Also as previously posted I don't want to see anything that I or indeed anyone on Purrs can do absolutely nothing about. Although the  petitions I do not mind, as we are helping in some way.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2007, 11:38:33 AM »
Hi Leigh,

Nor did I  :evillaugh:

By forum, I thought you meant Purrs as a whole and not just the general section. I agree with what you say about general cat chat should be just that. Maybe a separate section for welfare would be appropriate and anyone that feels they don't want to go in there doesn't. I'm not talking about nasties but things I and I know a lot of other people want to be aware of and if possible try to stop. For example, one of the websites gives a list of charities that endorse animal testing, eg Cancer research UK - I want to be aware so my money and donated items don't go to them - there are alternative cancer research charities and I will happily donate to them. That kind of thing is animal welfare to me.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2007, 10:25:04 AM »
Hi folks,

I didn't express myself that well in my previous posting, perhaps I chose an inappropriate term in "light-hearted". I appreciate that a lot of the purpose and rational for Purrs is associated with the work of cat rescues and cat welfare but the board is constructed with multiple forums and this includes this one entitled "General Cat Chat". I guess this forum was designed as a catch all forum for anything that didn't fit elsewhere in on of the other forums. For this reason most folks, myself included, choose to hang around and post in here unless they have a question or subject better suited to be posted in one of the other forums. I viasit Purrs as of course do all other members because we all love to talk about and learn interesting facts about cats, ours and others, this is the glue that holds us together. Of course we are a broad church with all shades of opinion as one might expect. As for myself then I visit Purrs to enhance my love of cats who in turn are my therapy for dealing with life's stresses. I've long since given up reading newspapers, watching TV news and the such because I find so many things depressing and totally beyond my influence or power to resolve. So, it is for this reason and on behalf of others who share my reasoning, that I suggested another forum where such topics could be discussed amongst those who choose to do so and perhaps reserve/rename this forum as a "chill" space for, if I dare to use the term again "light-hearted" enjoyable discussion about our favourite passtime cats.

I must just add that perhaps it is me that is out of step with the nature of the board as I have only fairly recently returned to Purrs after my spell in hospital and my computer problems in which case I appologise if I have missed this change of emphasis.

Best Regards

Leigh
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:30:52 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2007, 08:56:07 AM »
In regards to YouTube vids, I think there shoudl be some guidelines,

With that I would agree.

Personally, I'd favour either the PM solution or a new forum where such subjects could be posted and discussed amongst those with an interest in them and to leave this forum free for genral light-hearted cat chat.

And that, although Rescues I think can say their stories about situations they are dealing with. At least then we know that something is being done about it and the animals are being helped. I don't care for the stories where we can do absolutely nothing to help.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2007, 08:45:28 AM »
No Mark, you are right, the main purpose in indeed that and yes the rest is just a great time to chill for us. 

I think in general we all agree. There is the buddie list, and those who want to use that can, and others can post but with warning, and provided its genuine, let's find a way to help and get a discussion going, then we can. The gratuitous stuff. Well guess peeps generally know how we feel about that.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2007, 08:42:28 AM »
I thought the main purpose of purrs was rescue, rehoming and cat welfare issues - none of which are lighthearted. The chit chat, although very welcome is just a bonus. I could be wrong and maybe things have changed?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2007, 07:35:28 AM »
Hi folks,

Personally, I'd favour either the PM solution or a new forum where such subjects could be posted and discussed amongst those with an interest in them and to leave this forum free for genral light-hearted cat chat.

Just my five cents worth for what it's worth.

Cheers

Leigh
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2007, 01:50:22 AM »
I dont want to have to wade through loads of so called cats in distress and we want a reaction threads.

I would think the genuine cats in distress would be in the rescue section  :shy:

Link to CatChat