Author Topic: B&W Female Found - Stretford, Manchester  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: B&W Female Found - Stretford, Manchester
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 18:32:26 PM »
Heartbreaking story with a lovely end. Poor girl having broken legs and having to endure being outside in that pain  :'( - Walking into a wall  :'(
She deserved to end up with T - sure she will be nursed back to health and get a good home - she's gorgeous  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 18:00:15 PM »
This little one is safely back home :)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 19:51:01 PM »
That makes 2 of us Christine. What a poor girl, lets hope her days at Paws Inn are the best ever. She deserves the best  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 19:07:04 PM »
It is heartbreaking to think of this beautiful cat suffering in agony alone after her dreadful accident and then being condemned to a life of failing sight and increasing deafness.

I know that Teresa will give her quality of life now  :Luv: and I look forward to meeting her at the Paws Inn Christmas Evening and spoiling her rotten.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 17:36:36 PM »
Me too!!!  She is lovely Gail.

She went to vets on Monday and had bloods and xrays.  Seems the poor girl has been out for some time.  The vet found old breaks in front and back legs which he concluded were down to an RTA.  The way they have healed is not good and so no vet was involved.  This means Emma was out all alone after being hit and has recovered on her own.  That must have been awful for her.  She is now also on medication for her heart and will be going back to vets in 10 days.

Even after all of this, she is the most gentle girl I have met for some time.  She is so grateful for food and a warm bed, but she had the worse case of fleas the vet has seen in some time, so Teresa is cursing me at the moment!!!

A big thank you must go to Teresa for not hesitating to help this lady when all the local rescues couldn't help.  She didn't care about her age or colour and just wanted to help.

All local vets contacts and posters put up, but no news of her owner, but I think because of her state that she has been out for some time.

Claire xx

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 15:20:47 PM »
What a absolute darling  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Pink nose alert - you should have told me. I have a soft spot for pink noses  :Luv: :Luv:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
B&W Female Found - Stretford, Manchester
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 20:57:20 PM »
I have picked up a black and white female cat this evening from Braemar Avenue, Stretford, Manchester.

She is not microchipped, and has no collar, but has worn one in the past.  She is an older lady, but no definite age as yet.

She is friendly, but has very poor sight and so she needed immediate help or she could have hurt herself.  She also has some other medical concerns that are being seen to.

She has very kindly been taken in by Paws Inn Cat Rescue in Weaverham, Cheshire after drawing a blank from all local rescues in the area.

Local vets will be contacted in the morning and posters have already been put up locally.

If you have any information that could help to find this cats owner, please email me or contact Paws Inn at www.pawsinncats.com.

She has been named Emma (after the little girl that first looked after her when she walked into a wall) until we find out her real name.

Thanks
Claire

Link to CatChat