Author Topic: Foster care or rehome required for "Pud" in Sheffield  (Read 4874 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Foster care or rehome required for "Pud" in Sheffield
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2006, 18:35:01 PM »
Awww, that's lovely news all round :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 08:46:12 AM »
Wonderful news, glad I have found out before I go away otherwise Pud would have been on my mind.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2006, 19:13:54 PM »
Woo Hoo ... What great news.  So pleased Pud has found his forever home and will have somewhere to hang his stocking this Christmas :)

Sorry you won't have dear ole Puddie in your new home but like you say it does mean you can offer another little waif and stray a loving forever home.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LB

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2006, 18:36:55 PM »
Hi guys,

For some reason I haven't been able to access this site since my last post.  Here's an up date for you: the vet tested for FeLV and FIV and it came back negative.  He was found to have a heart murmur and a kidney problem.  His thyroid levels were fine.  She vaccinated him to see him that would help shift the virus that's making him sneeze.  I've got some tablets to give him for his kidneys.

I took him back to the house where I found him on Thursday, but one of the house mates objected...said some nonsense about objecting to money being spent on pets when there were humans suffering in the world!!!

So fortunately my parents came to the rescue and put Pud in one of their spare rooms.  My mum mentioned Pud to one of her friends, whose cat recently died of heart failure.  They at first said they'd look after Pud over Xmas for me, but have now decided they would like to keep him!   ;D  So good news for Puddy, shame for me, but best he goes somewhere where he can settle down, than have to move again when I move to my new house.

So when I'm settled again in my new house, I might pop to my local cat shelter and see there's a nice catty there in need of a nice home!!   :Luv:

Thanks for all your help!   :Luv:   :thanks:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 17:19:26 PM »
well done Ela you are a star

I know and now I have to see if my head will go through the door.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 10:22:55 AM »
Hope everything works out ok for Pud, well done Ela you are a star
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 05:14:03 AM »

Please give me a ring on Jan 4 if all is not sorted, my number is on the contacts page of my site www.chesterfieldcats.co.uk. Obviously as a rescue I cannot really keep Pudd long as it would be blocking up a space for a rescue and in January it is the best time to find homes for cats. I would be willing to keep him until your 2 months are up which I assume will be about 10/12 Feb, anyway if you ring me we can discuss the implications.

If you need Pudd to see my vet you will need to contact me this week. Please don't just leave it to see how he is.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 23:59:34 PM »
LB

I so hope we can find a solution for Pud for a home and that his illness is sorted. He sounds so lovely  :ahh:

Do you have any pictures of him?

Peeps would Wizz help here? She's in Sheffield! LB Wizz runs a cat rescue in sheffield, but i not sure if she if full to the brim this time of year. You could try and email her
on wizz@briggs8888.fsnet.co.uk

Well done for helping him. You're a star.  :angel:

Tan
xx
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 00:02:06 AM by Tan »

Offline LB

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006, 17:33:03 PM »
Hi

Thanks for replies.

Wow Ela!  Thanks for generous offer.  I have Pud booked into my vet tomorrow evening - so will let you know the outcome of that.

I can't keep Pud at the flat I'll be staying at as I don't think she really wants him there, and I can't push my luck as she's taken me and my pet rats in.

I can possibly find a home for a week or 2 for Pud at the house where I found him, as they aren't really allowed pets there but they are willing to risk it short term for me.  Ela would this buy enough time for you to return from holiday and for you to take him in?

Thanks for much!

Lauren  :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:28:58 AM »
Sorry, I'd love to help. But I have cats of my own and don't really have an area I could keep Pud isolated. Grrrrr.....would you be able to take him back when you move to your new house?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:03:41 AM »
I am going away myself next week or I would have taken him, I will however pay for Pud to see a Chesterfield vet. I will pay for him to be tested as well. If all else fails perhaps you could keep hum in your bedroom at your friends, he should be purrfectly fine there.

Offline LB

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 22:21:10 PM »
Thanks for reply.  I've been doing my bit trying to get friends and colleagues to take him, but they either don't like cats, have cats already, or live in rented so no pets allowed.

I'll keep trying though.

:Luv:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 22:16:25 PM »
Ahhh he sounds lovely .... if it's only for a couple of months is there no one you know who has a spare room or even a utility room that pud could stay in.  As long as he has a bed, food and water , litter tray and maybe a small heater he should be OK.

I'm sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone will be able to come to your recue ... fingers crossed.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LB

• Kitten
Foster care or rehome required for "Pud" in Sheffield
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006, 21:54:21 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reading my post. 

A little bit of background to Pud's story:

I took Pud in towards the end of October.  I found him as a stray at who kept appearing at a friend of mine's.  I took him in because the weather was getting bad and bonfire night was close by, and he was skinny and had bad sneezes.  When I got him home I took him to the vet, who guessed he was about 8 and has a respiratoy infection so put him on Synulox for a week.  He made no improvement on that, so I took him back and saw a different vet, who said he might be as old as 12 and could possibly have flu, a thyroid problem and / or lukaemia.  I was given a 3 week course of Baytril to try.  This course has just ended and he's still sneezing, alothough he seems well in himself.  I'll be taking him back to vet soon.

Why I need your help:

I have to move out of my house on Friday and am moving into a flat with a friend until my new house is ready in about 2 months.  Unfortunatley  pets are not allowed in the building so I can't take Pud with me.  All of the people I know who like cats already have them, so they can't take Pud incase he infects them with whatever it is he's got.  So basically I need someone who would be willing to wither foster Pud until I am in my new home, or offer to take care of him permantely for me.

He is a lovely black and white cat, very sweet natured.  :Luv: Loves cuddles and sitting on your knee.  He seems to had a bad time living rough and getting ill, he really derserves to have a warm, safe, loving home.  I wish I could offer that to him, but circumstances are against me.  :(

Hope someone can help.

:thanks:

Link to CatChat