Author Topic: One year on ... wow!  (Read 985 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: One year on ... wow!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 10:27:04 AM »
That is wonderful, it is good to hear that a year later, they are finally settling and showing affection, think it took Tiger that length of time too, and it has taken her over a year to get the hang of playing on her own!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
One year on ... wow!
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:22:49 AM »
My three darlings adopted me just over a year ago.  Whilst Shanti was immediately affectionate, albeit moody sometimes, the other two were rather more cautious.  It wasn't long before Meesha would show affection, but ONLY when nobody else was around.  Sabby ... well ... rude, impolite, not interested :(  although he gradually came round and always greets me exuberantly, although hates being picked up and is so not a lap cat.  Nor is Meesha.  Until ... this week!  :wow: :wow: :wow:

I'd accepted how they all just 'are', but I've had surprise after surprise this week!  Maybe something to do with the weather, or maybe its something else (they weren't like this, this time last year ...).

Shanti - well, Shanti's Shanti - always a rub and a purr and a cuddle, but I haven't seen a mood on her for AGES!!

Meesha, however, has suddenly decided that it's quite fitting for us to indulge in PDOAs!  And she's taken to coming up to bed with me, and settling down for the night ON me!! Not just on my bed ... she's always sleeping on my hip or my tummy ... awwww!!!  :Luv:

And Sabby ... well, what a change! For the first time EVER the other day he walked onto my lap (which is amazing enough in itself) and then curled up and went to sleep!  Unfortunately I was at my computer at the time, and once he was there I didn't dare move!!  Couldn't quite get close enough to my keyboard with the big lump in the way, so I just sat there grinning instead!  :rofl:

And this morning I awoke to .... Shanti curled around my head, Meesha draped over me, and Sabby snuggled right up beside me!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Wow - what a turn-around!  I love my furbabes!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Link to CatChat