Author Topic: Sick cat  (Read 1787 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Sick cat
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 22:01:19 PM »
Glad she is better,keep aneye on her. :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 18:42:54 PM »
So pleased  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 17:40:39 PM »
As long she is back to normal  ;D

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 17:37:36 PM »
Amber would appear to be better, put it this way shes back to being annoying and in your face and sticking claws in me so whatever the problem was its gone now. Needless to say if it was a furball I havent found it yet  :sick: but shes being purry and cuddly which is great
love
Tab

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 09:00:52 AM »
Im totally confused by her now. Shes eating and drinking ok but shes still gulping every now and then and was a little sick last night but shes not bringing food back just liquid. It could be a hairball I suppose shes not really a hairball kind of cat in fact in 8 years Ive only ever seen one. When I took her to the vets they said if she didnt stop they'd sedate her and look down her throat which is part of what worries me. She is seeming better but not totally well and I dont want to put her through a sedation if shes getting better but I dont want to not do anything and have her get worse. I offered her a defurrum this morning but she spat it back so I tried some katalax. She wasnt over impressed but it didnt come straight back so thats hopeful. Shes slid back under the bed now so I'll leave her a while and see later
love
Tab

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 20:37:35 PM »
Could be as simple as a hairball. I would probably get an appointment for sat morning rather then end up at the emergency vets.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 19:58:52 PM »
How's Amber now Tab?

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 18:36:13 PM »
same happened with kitty she was coughing loads then when i took her to the vets she didnt cough at all.
It really takes the  :censored: dont it lol

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 18:35:06 PM »
OK I give up. Yesterday Amber threw up every ten minutes until I phoned the vet at 9 and then she stopped. Today she started doing the same I phoned the vet and posted on here and now shes stopped again. Im getting paranoind now is she taking the  :censored: just wants the extra attention maybe
love
Tab

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Sick cat
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 17:45:31 PM »
Hi everyone Im hoping you can give me some advice. My cat Amber starting being sick thursday morning. Shes bringing up white slimy froth and kind of coughing it up. Shes eating ok and has been on antibiotics for 5 days as my other cat had a cold and the vet said to treat both. I took her to the vets yesterday and he gave her an injection to stop her being sick and last night she only coughed a little bit of froth up. For the last hour though shes coughed up 4 lots, she ate her tea fine and that hasnt come back and shes using the tray ok. I phoned the vets and was told to give it till tomorrow and if shes still bringing stuff up to take her back. The thing is shes kind of moaning as she does and is really subdued so Im quite worried about leaving it over night. What do you think should I phone the vet again or am I worrying too much?
Thank you
love
Tab

Link to CatChat