Author Topic: Best cat or kitten food  (Read 2573 times)

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
Re: Best cat or kitten food
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 18:06:14 PM »
I buy the Bozita from Zooplus for my two and they love it 70% meat :) and it smells quite nice too but haven't tasted it yet :sick:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 18:06:33 PM by hOrZa »
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 07:59:03 AM »
I was once stopped in the supermarket by a concerned friend who had noticed my trolly was full of loaves of bread and cat food. He thought I was starving and reduced to eating catfood sandwiches :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

Actually I was stocking up for my holidays. The bread to go in the freezer so I would not have to pop out and get some. I still had a lot of shopping left to do when he found me  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 11:25:55 AM »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 11:24:58 AM »
Shhhhhhh, don't tell everyone  :heeee heeee:

Well, I guess it looks like pate  :shify: :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 11:16:29 AM »
Come on Claire admit it you mix some up in your pasta don't you? :evillaugh:  or maybe a natures menu butty? :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 10:54:55 AM »
 :thanks: Clarenmak, Yep I know what you mean.
Caroline xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 10:48:57 AM »
I'd have to say Natures Menu is my favourite food (well, Max's not mine, you know what I mean  :evillaugh:), but I do like it for the high meat content.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »
 :thanks: Dawn
Caroline xx

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 10:19:43 AM »
my bengal had terrible problems with her stomach when I first got her she ended up on the royal canin presciption diet for about three months and then was phased back on to normal food and she is fine, she still can't tolerate variety and any change in diet will give her the runs but if we stick to the norm she is fine

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 10:16:24 AM »
Hi, thanks Sheryl,taking him back this afternoon still very worried about him, was supposed to be wednesday,but I rang the vets before and spoke to one of the main vets and he is going to have a look at him this afternoon. This morning there was two lots of poo's on the side and he went again about half an hour ago and he was straining and still lots of mucas and blood. :'( So this morning I fed him his rc without any other food mixed in which the other vet said to do. But this vet said it would of been better with just the rc because you are defeating the object,(which I thought of anyway) The vet said that they will put a swab though his bottom and take some samples and see which antibiotis will work if this one doesn't, don't know if he is doing that today though.
Caroline xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2007, 10:08:52 AM »
Hi Felix, I tried natures menu but it gave my Bengies the runs (again) so I now feed them Bozita wet and they love it, it is all natural ingredients with no grain.  JWB and Orjen arei very good dry foods RC once again gave my little ones the runs.  TBH I have discovered that with Benglies it is a case of trial and error but "touch wood" we are nearly there.  I still give them the LActo B occasionally aswell.

How is the hadsome little Simba now ??
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 21:23:53 PM »
Thanks guys, I have brought some natures menu and thought I would wean them off the Felix,because it has a lot more meat in it :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 20:05:25 PM »
Well best is a very subjective term, and I think you'll get different answers from us all on this!  And what's best for one cat is not necessarily best for another cat (depending on age, lifestyle, medical conditions etc).  Then when you've found what you think is the best, you have to persuade your cat it's the best!  ;D

For me, best means wet food with a high meat content, no or minimal grains and no artificial preservatives or colours.  Sugar is used as a supplement and foods without sugar are usually complementary (can someone explain to me exactly why sugar is added to cat food please?  I know there is a reason - not just to make it sweet!).  Peridontal disease is also the major dental problem in cats rather than plaque, so sugar isn't quite as bad as it sounds. It means wet food to me because cats are carnivores and designed to eat meat and not carb heavy dry foods. They also need water.  The ideal food, imo, would be raw, or if that's not achievable, cooked homemade.  But both of those require a lot of knowledge and care to make sure the diet is balanced so it's easier and safer for most of us to feed commercial food.

Brands I like that meet the above criteria include natures menu, hi life, applaws, almo nature, bozita, cosma and animonda carny.

For dry - the best dry food for me is one with a high meat content and low grain content.  I choose Orijen which is a grain free dry food, but I also feed James Wellbeloved and Hi Life dry occasionally.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 19:43:59 PM »
Royal Canin dry food is very good as is James Wellbeloved.

I would suggest looking at the food available on www.zooplus.co.uk ... you can click on each item and read the ingredients etc and then make your choices
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Best cat or kitten food
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 19:27:40 PM »
Which food do you think is the best ever with nothing bad in and no suger content,but has everything in to keep them fit and heathy?
Caroline xx

Link to CatChat