Author Topic: Drontal worming tablets  (Read 2986 times)

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
Re: Drontal worming tablets
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 16:22:07 PM »
I think ill try a blob of dairylea as the love it!  :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 15:10:31 PM »
A small squirt of water helps things go down   ;) or a blob of cheese/butter on the nose

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 18:52:36 PM »
Ill have great fun getting it down there necks lol
Thanks for the advise

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 18:29:54 PM »
Sounds like tapeworm so panacur wouldnt be the best thing for the job. Half a drontal it is  ;D

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 15:21:56 PM »
I honestly dont know, All i saw was white things that look like bits of rice coming out of there bums  :sick:  :sick:

Where these little white things alive ? ( :sick:)
It could just be the dead ones passing through them

Im not sure couldnt see any movement or anything and tiggy went for a poo straight after i saw it coming out  :sick: would there still be dead ones a week after they were wormed?  :sick:

Sorry for such a disgusting topic  :sick:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 15:09:09 PM »
I honestly dont know, All i saw was white things that look like bits of rice coming out of there bums  :sick:  :sick:

Where these little white things alive ? ( :sick:)
It could just be the dead ones passing through them

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 14:41:42 PM »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 13:28:53 PM »
A 3 day course of panacur may be better for the little one. Which worms have they got?

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 16:45:15 PM »
They are useless vets,
Im going to change to the same vets as my mother in law uses because she has offered to take them there for me when they need too go (obviously ill go too)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 16:36:59 PM »
If they were seem last week i cannot understand why the vet would want to see them again.

I would change vets as it does seem as he/she is trying to make money out of you

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 15:43:56 PM »
They were flead with frontline last week aswell,

My vet is pretty useless may sound as though she is just conscientious but she isnt really,
She has already seen the kittens once which was last week before they were flea and worm treated everytime you phone her for advise on ANY thing and i mean anything she says she needs to see them,
My older cat kitty had diarohea i knew it was due to change of diet so i called her to ask what would be best to feed her and she said she would need to see her first.

Considering the consultation fee is £38 a time it adds up to alot of money and i cant change vets as have no transport.

They came from cats protection which is why i called them for advice, They both seem fine other than the worms (i have seen the worms which is how i know they still have them) 

Thats my rant over  :rofl:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 15:34:42 PM »
alos just thought, Have you flead them with something from your vet - they will neeed to be flead aswell as this might be why they still have worms

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 15:33:32 PM »

The vets said that they wont give me the tablets without giving them a full check up first,
Guess they want more money  :rofl:

Most vets wont charge you for a check up when you are first buying worming tablets.
I personally would not give worming tablets to such young kittens without them seeing a vet !
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 15:35:02 PM by furbabystar (Michelle) »

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 15:28:17 PM »
More likely they want to check and see if there are other factors contributing to the problem of small size and tummy probs. If you have given the two rounds of worming meds with no effect it would be irresponsible for the vet to prescribe more without first seeing the kittens. Be glad you have a conscientious vet

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 14:03:18 PM »
1 ways 2kgs and the other weighs just over 1kg as she was the runt and as she is infested with worms will not put on any weight.

The vets said that they wont give me the tablets without giving them a full check up first,
Guess they want more money  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 13:51:18 PM »
The drontal dose is 1 tablet per 4kg of animal.  When the boys were 10 weeks old the vet gave them 1/2 a Drontal each so they must have weighed about 2kg.  I'd see how much they weigh if you're worried 1/2 a tab might be too much. 

You can get them online for about £1.50 ish but with the postal strike it's probably better to go to your vets and buy one.  Won't be more than a few pounds even with the vets inflated prices!

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
Drontal worming tablets
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 13:12:52 PM »
I have just spoken to someone from cats protection about my 2 kittens they were wormed last week but still have worms so they advised me to do them again with drontal before i go and order them would you be able to tell me how many tablets i would need for two 11 week ld kittens?  :shy:
As without buying them i dont think it says the doage for kittens

Link to CatChat