Author Topic: winter coat  (Read 1337 times)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
Re: winter coat
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2007, 17:51:25 PM »
its ok  :Luv: gilly

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 17:40:20 PM »
Sorry Sasha I misunderstood  :-[

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 16:32:27 PM »
Minmin is our raggie and like all raggies she only has one coat not the two our moggies have and as such if she is wet we dry her and put her on the heat pad and she is also an indoor/outdoor due to her lovely habit of not using a litter tray although 2 years down the line she is much better

I would ensure there is shelter in the run with perhaps a microwaveable heat pad - Jazz has one for the garage run and loves it and they stay warm 12 hours a day
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 15:57:21 PM »
oh gill i never put her out in the cold  :( i let them go in the run for a couple of hours to get fresh air and sunbath , i normally do it at lunchtime when the suns on the back
luna lves going out , they watch moomin out the window and our livingroom door is full glass and luna scratches at it for ages asking to go out . I also let them have a little wonder around the garden on grass when im there
there run is very big they have toys , scratch posts hiding boxes and a climbing frame and it is attached to a decent sized building with a slate roof which we are going to convert into a cat room for all the rossetts with heating

i was just wondering that if she didnt go out would she and mango get a winter coat like moomin who does

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 23:46:34 PM »
Luna is a Raggie I believe, so she will not like the cold and I dont think she should be forced outside for any reason, especially not because of showing.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 11:42:07 AM »
I like your style!!! It is in front of the heater so he has not needed much encouragement :rofl: :rofl:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »
Getting him to lie on the pale patch so it matches? ;)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 10:18:05 AM »
Sunbathing?

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 10:16:14 AM »
it does seem to be a response to climate. I have only really observed this with Shadow (my dog) but when we lived in Queensland his coat was a single coat with no underfur. When we moved to NZ, much further south and colder, he developed a good thick winter coat and there was a distinct seasonal shift. Here in England he has been shedding like there is no tomorrow and his coat is getting so thick it is hard to see what shape he is. And a week of non-vacuuming leads to a thick layer of dog hair on the carpet... Moved a rug the other day and the colour underneath was disturbingly lighter than elswhere on the rug. Guess what I am doing today ... :rofl:

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
winter coat
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 10:09:55 AM »
do cats need to go outside to get a good winter coat , i keep putting luna in the run for a few hours a day so that she gets a winter coat for the shows , and she likes the fresh air cat grass , watching birds also
but do i really have to do this to get a winter coat or would it still get as thick been in the house all day , i like it warm

Link to CatChat