Author Topic: Thumbs up to Pets at Home  (Read 3124 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Thumbs up to Pets at Home
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2007, 10:57:44 AM »
take your shoes off before you come in or anything

:-[ I do... oh my ... only cos my carpets are so light, though I feel embarassed asking people to. Unless they are old mates and then its "get the boots off, no trackign in my house!"  :rofl:

I don't think bad of other people who say that...  :hug: I was just thinking of something I could potentially complain about - completely understand if you have light carpets, my mum used to say it to us but gave up and got wood flooring as my dad never listened  :evillaugh:

We have navy/dark green carpets so no probs - the only mess on the floor is made by the cats!

I think if we had our own place and not renting I would be alot worse  :evillaugh:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2007, 10:02:14 AM »
When I was little (must have been about 10) I was really good at spelling and had a pretty good vocabulary for my age.  I put some Brekkies in the microwave to burn them and then typed a letter to the manufacturers complaing, also put a fingernail in baked beans and burnt some cornflakes under the grill  :shy:  Got what I thought was a fortune in those days - a few pounds for each complaint  :evillaugh:  Unbeknown to me my sister told my brother what I had done and he faked a letter from Kelloggs (with the Kelloggs logo on and everything) saying how they had analysed the cornflakes and had found the burnt parts to have been created by 'domestic' gas rather than the 'industrial' gas used in the manufacturering process and how the fraud investigator would be in touch  :scared:  I have never been so scared in all my life, thought I was going to be sent to a child prison  :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2007, 09:20:28 AM »
take your shoes off before you come in or anything

:-[ I do... oh my ... only cos my carpets are so light, though I feel embarassed asking people to. Unless they are old mates and then its "get the boots off, no trackign in my house!"  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2007, 08:51:41 AM »
PAH were pretty good to me a few weeks ago, I went and did a biggish shop but it wasn't until I got home (35 min drive) that I thought about how much I had spent and looked at the bill, on the bill was 22.99 for part of a fish tank, I rang up and they said I needed to come back and I moaned about the drive but went back.  When I got back the manager refunded me 22.99 and also for my "expenses" he refunded me for a 5kg bag of hills I had got

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2007, 08:50:16 AM »
I love the way you reminisced back to complaining about the healthyfood and cakes like it was the only thing you've ever complained about then all of a sudden you come out with a long 'shopping list' of complaints  :evillaugh:  The Sainsbury's carrot batons has to be my personal favourite, did you write a letter about them?  :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl: My old manager actually convinced me to write it - i'd gotten a packet of them to munch as they are 0 points on weight watchers and I was hungry - and they didnt say on the packet where they come from (like on tesco/asda ones etc they say what city/country/etc) so I wrote them an email.. I cant remember it all but it started "As a keen environmentalist..." and something about my "green credentials"  :rofl: they just sent me back a really snotty mail saying they do put it on the packet (it definitely wasnt there) They must get a right chuckle reading the complaining emails/letters etc.

Ruth, don't worry I am not someone who complains about everything - take your shoes off before you come in or anything  :rofl: just like complaining to companies  :evillaugh: I'm nice really.... I hope  :shify: :shy:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2007, 08:12:02 AM »
 :-: Just realised. Dawn... you're going to have a load of purrs peeps in your house tomorrow.... what you gonna complain about? Me all worried now  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2007, 08:09:24 AM »
Thats really good ! I might make up a complaint !!!!!  only kidding !

When I was little (must have been about 10) I was really good at spelling and had a pretty good vocabulary for my age.  I put some Brekkies in the microwave to burn them and then typed a letter to the manufacturers complaing, also put a fingernail in baked beans and burnt some cornflakes under the grill  :shy:  Got what I thought was a fortune in those days - a few pounds for each complaint  :evillaugh:  Unbeknown to me my sister told my brother what I had done and he faked a letter from Kelloggs (with the Kelloggs logo on and everything) saying how they had analysed the cornflakes and had found the burnt parts to have been created by 'domestic' gas rather than the 'industrial' gas used in the manufacturering process and how the fraud investigator would be in touch  :scared:  I have never been so scared in all my life, thought I was going to be sent to a child prison  :evillaugh:

Oh my that had me giggling with hysteria for a bit. :rofl:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2007, 23:30:49 PM »
I am gonna remember this when I need a complaint made cos you two are just so good at it  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2007, 23:26:47 PM »
I love the way you reminisced back to complaining about the healthyfood and cakes like it was the only thing you've ever complained about then all of a sudden you come out with a long 'shopping list' of complaints  :evillaugh:  The Sainsbury's carrot batons has to be my personal favourite, did you write a letter about them?  :evillaugh:

My own personal favourite was when we sent a girl I used to work with to McD's to get the lunches in, she came back with everything everyone ordered but we swiped the burger out of the 1/4 pounder and opened it in front of her showing the bare bun, we convinced her to go back to McD's and complain  :rofl:

Makes me laugh how I get £15 for a quick email about the promotion yet there was a time when I bought some Copella Apple juice from Tesco Express and was glugging away the same day when I noticed the expiry date on the bottle lid - Boxing Day - it was February by then  :sick:  Complained to the manager and he offered to refund me the £1.59 or whatever it was, told him to stick it and that I'd never shop in that Tesco again, bit embarassing when ran out of something the next day and scuttled in hoping he hadn't noticed how quickly I'd given up my principles  :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2007, 22:50:02 PM »
Oh Helen  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: that is hilarious!

I have gotten more into complaining now I am older - maybe through being a student  :sneaky: and appreciating free stuff  :evillaugh: I have complained about chocolate and cakes in the past to get freebies (there was actually a slightly good reason though I wasnt quite as sneaky as you!!)

Thinking back I have complained about Jane Asher cakes and got free ones, Smarties and got free big tube, big Mint Aero and got £1.39 to buy another one  :evillaugh: , Sainsburys Carrot batons ( :rofl: ), my car insurance and got £40 tesco voucher, o2 and got £50 credit, Buxton water and got vouchers for loads free, my mums dishwasher and got her a new motor fitted when they had previously refused, complained that a lush product gave me a severe reaction and got £15 voucher...

God I didnt realise theres that many! There may have been more I forgot about...  :evillaugh:

I have a friend who got 79 teabags when the packet said 80 so she complained (don't ask me WHY she counted!)  :rofl:

Good on PAH though, we got the huge (I think 5kg??) sack of the PAH food for £20 - I think it might always be that price but there was only one left - we did intend to buy on the offer but that worked out better  :)

We bought that back in ooooooooooh August and its still going  :evillaugh:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 20:18:18 PM »
 :ha ha : :ha ha :  That is so funny !!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 20:14:58 PM »
So you were a precocious brat like me then. Maybe thats why I have a distrust of children  :evillaugh:

Still am  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2007, 20:09:27 PM »

So you were a precocious brat like me then. Maybe thats why I have a distrust of children  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2007, 19:18:01 PM »
Unbeknown to me my sister told my brother what I had done and he faked a letter from Kelloggs (with the Kelloggs logo on and everything) saying how they had analysed the cornflakes and had found the burnt parts to have been created by 'domestic' gas rather than the 'industrial' gas used in the manufacturering process and how the fraud investigator would be in touch    I have never been so scared in all my life, thought I was going to be sent to a child prison 

PMSL   :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 19:09:26 PM »

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 19:01:10 PM »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 19:00:21 PM »
Well done. I'm sure you spend so much in there its the equivalent of clubcard vouchers   :evillaugh:

Nice to get something for nothing - even though you would have spent it on food anyway  ;D

I like it, a PAH loyalty card  :evillaugh:  Thing is Mark I didn't buy the food in the end as I've still got loads so didn't really need it.  I'm going to save the vouchers for when it's back on offer though and get double for my 'money'  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 18:57:57 PM »
Well done. I'm sure you spend so much in there its the equivalent of clubcard vouchers   :evillaugh:

Nice to get something for nothing - even though you would have spent it on food anyway  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 18:50:47 PM »
Wow! Good on you Helen. Excellent results.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 18:49:34 PM »
Woo Hoo well done
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Thumbs up to Pets at Home
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 18:43:20 PM »
The boys have mainly wet food but I always leave a bowl of biccies for them to snack on.  I feed them the Pets at Home complete dry kitten which has really good ingredients (25% min fresh chicken, wheat gluten free etc).  There was an offer on it last month - 2 x 2kg for £10 (instead of £7.50 each) or 2 x 4kg for £20 (instead of £13 each)....  I bought some at the beginning of last month and made a note of the expiry date which was 4th Oct. 

Went back on payday - 28th - to stock up and there were no signs anymore, asked the lady on the till to scan a bag twice to see if it still came up as being on offer but nothing did.  The lady said that the offer was subject to availability but I pointed out the shelves were sagging under the weight of the stuff! She then said that it was a nationwide shortage so they had to pull the offer but even though they have got some more in now the offer still wasn't on.

I emailed PAH customer services yesterday saying how I was disappointed and felt that  if an offer is advertised until a certain date that the offer should be honoured - subject to availability of course.  I had a really nice reply the same day explaining that they had a shortage nationwide and that my store had got some in now but other stores hadn't so they couldn't reinstate the offer.  She asked for my address to send me some vouchers as a gesture of goodwill.  I replied thanking her and sent my address, she then replied (again the same day as I sent the original email) saying how she had posted them and how she hoped I got them tomorrow but saying about the Royal Mail strike. 

Anyway.... to cut a long and painfully boring story short(ish :evillaugh:) I got them today, was expecting a couple of 50p off coupons or something but she sent me £15 in vouchers! How good is that  :wow:

Link to CatChat