Author Topic: Hi There  (Read 5560 times)

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
Re: Hi There
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2007, 10:01:28 AM »
I wanttttt them.  What lovely furbabies.   :welcome: to Purrs

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 16:16:13 PM »
Shes so much happier now she has 2 little friends! Ive always thought that 2 cats are better than one so they can play together so 3 it is lol, Bet your daughters do love them! Its nice that theyve got little children to play with them  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2007, 10:51:29 AM »
Hi tez2384,
Aww tha pic of your cat and kitten asleep is so cute, you must have your hands full with 3 kitties (then again I've got a big soft labrador !!),

Its actually easier having 3 than is was the one! Ive had kitty for about 2 months now she came from a rescue and then as she is so playfull i thought she needed a play mate so i went to my local CP to have a look (was only going to get one) then i came back with pippin and tiggy! Kitty didnt like them to start of with but i persevered with the hissing and now there all great mates! they love to curl up with kitty its like shes there addopted mummy!  :Luv:

I totally agree i think they amuse each other, and it also gives my daughters one each to play with (they adore them). Its really nice that kitty has got 2 little friends :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 00:35:54 AM »
Hi tez2384,
Aww tha pic of your cat and kitten asleep is so cute, you must have your hands full with 3 kitties (then again I've got a big soft labrador !!),

Its actually easier having 3 than is was the one! Ive had kitty for about 2 months now she came from a rescue and then as she is so playfull i thought she needed a play mate so i went to my local CP to have a look (was only going to get one) then i came back with pippin and tiggy! Kitty didnt like them to start of with but i persevered with the hissing and now there all great mates! they love to curl up with kitty its like shes there addopted mummy!  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 00:02:13 AM »
Thanks  :shy:  You definitely did the right thing getting two, not only are they so much fun to watch playing and cuddling up together but they're actually less work than one on it's own.  I love my boys to bits and give them lots of attention and cuddles but I honestly don't think I could devote the amount of time they play and cuddle with each other to just one if he were on his own in addition to the time I already spend with them - that's a 24/7 job!

Looking forward to seeing pics of your gorgeous babies growing up  :Luv:

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 23:55:00 PM »
Your boys are gourgous!, My husband loves gray or gray/white cats so he'd love your 2, he fell for Star when we went to look at her, but i couldnt part with Twinkle whom i'd seen a few days before, they were the remaining females of both litters so we decided to take them both (crazy) but i feel its the right decision as they are getting on so well   :) :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 23:44:49 PM »
Poor little Twinkle  :(  So glad she is out of the hutch, as she is so young she can easily be brought round.  It will do her the world of good to have such a confident sister as Star, once she gains a bit of confidence try to get her used to be handled as much as possible.  I'm sure she'll be just fine but if you need any help might be best to post a new topic in the health and behaviour section as I'm sure lots of the rescue people on here will have had experience of bringing up very young timid kittens.

Star looks like your kitty what's her/his name? :Luv:

That's Lucas  :Luv:  He's 7 months old now but once upon a time he was as small as baby Star  :Luv:  Here's his latest pics from this weekend http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=8292.0

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2007, 23:41:08 PM »
Stuart (mistys dad) Thankyou for the programme i finally got it!.

No Problem, Glad I could Help  ;) ;D

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2007, 23:36:10 PM »
Hey Helen,
Star looks like your kitty what's her/his name? :Luv:

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2007, 23:32:40 PM »
Hi tez2384,
I'm so glad i finally got my pics on as it took me ages to take them as Twinkle and Star wouldnt keep still  ;D ;D 
Stuart (mistys dad) Thankyou for the programme i finally got it!, Star is half Bengal and was the only gray from her litter (the rest were black and brown/black tabby), Twinkle is the baby, she lived in a hutch until i got her so is is very timid and scared of humans were as Star was played with every day and is quite sociable and loves attention i'm hoping this rubs off on Twinkle  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2007, 23:22:27 PM »
Worth the wait  :wow:  They're both stunners but Star, the little tabby one, has stolen my heart.  He/she has still got their baby blue eyes  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Do you know that when you post pics to see them bigger you just need to click on the pic itself....

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2007, 23:21:45 PM »
OMG. :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:.OMG. :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:. THEY'RE LOVELY  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I want to EAT THEM  :Luv: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

AND you managed the resizer thingy  :wow: ;) ;)

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 23:22:44 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2007, 23:17:28 PM »
Looks like they have already learnt how to be little terrors  :rofl: so cute though  :Luv:

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2007, 23:16:06 PM »
Wow it worked!!!  :wow:, here are the rest of the photos i took tonight  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2007, 23:12:12 PM »
There absoloutly gorgeous!  :Luv:
I see what you mean by one of them looks like my kitty  ;D

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2007, 23:07:32 PM »
Thats strange, the same thing happened when stuart (mistys dad) sent me an email with an attachment!, anyway i'm going to have one last go  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2007, 23:03:39 PM »
Sorry catcrazymum, just got an email through but my antivirus program has deleted it as it says it could be infected  :( 

I really want to see your kittens  :(  Have you got a photobucket account?  You can resize pics in photobucket by clicking edit above the pic, then you just copy and paste the [IMG] code into your post and we get to see your new arrivals  ;D  It's really easy (and free) to open a photobucket account if you haven't got one and then you just click upload to upload your pic to their site.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2007, 22:41:49 PM »
Depends if you are using XP or Vista as to what resizer you need...  If you want to email me the pics (click on my name and my email is in my profile) I'll happily resize them for you and post them  ;D

hmmm, never thought of that, :doh: although I have win xp and the same prog works with win 98
not sure about that vista thingy, my OH bought a new laptop it has Vista and I dont like it

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2007, 22:35:21 PM »
Depends if you are using XP or Vista as to what resizer you need...  If you want to email me the pics (click on my name and my email is in my profile) I'll happily resize them for you and post them  ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2007, 22:24:53 PM »
hmmmm, what size are the photo's ?? (kb's) you can only upload photo's no more than 150kb
you will probably need to resize photos, best size is width 640 pixels x hight 480 pixels
cant remember where I got my resizin prog from, but it's free
hold on a min I'll see if I can find the site where I got it  ;)

Ok I have e-mailed you the programme, just open it drag photos into it, click where it says "Size"
resize to w640 X h480
the resized files should be in C:/ My JPEGS ;)

e-mail me if you have probs

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 22:34:23 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2007, 22:17:31 PM »
Hi,
Ive finally took some pictures of my babies it was really hard as they have been hyperactive tonight, chasing each other on the sofa  :Crazy: just tried to attach the photos to this message about 10 times but it wont let me!, can anyone tell me how to do it?
My kittens names are Twinkle (tortie) and Star (gray) Twinkle is 6 weeks on tuesday and Star is 7 weeks on friday  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 19:14:10 PM »
HI again, when are you going to name your babes??  ;), My black one called boy so he is a male :evillaugh:,and b/w one is a girl, and she doesnt like other cats, she came to me four months ago at first she hissed at boy and showed him who is the boss  :catlove::sneaky:, and now she just ignore him and he knows to stay away,but boy is lovely he loves other cats and he is  8)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 19:01:06 PM »
Hi Again, I wouldn't worry too much about Honey, Like you say she just wants to play with them :evillaugh:
I would still introduce Honey to?.. erm?? " Names!! I need Names :evillaugh: " the kittens gradually, It doesn't
take long for Cats n Dogs to learn each others body language, once the fear goes ! thats when the fun begin's :rofl: :rofl:

I'll just get this bit out of the way First, I have no Dog's now, Prince Died 2 years ago of a Heart attack and I have
just recently Lost my Hamish :'( :'( :'(

Right... I have attached a Photo of Misty and Prince having one of thier many toy scrap's :rofl: :rofl:
and thats my mates dog Cindy in the background.
It was funny, cause you knew they were only messin around cause Misty would never have His Claws out :rofl:
It was quite a different story when they first met though, Misty was Clearly  >:(
Hamish is not in the Picture because He was too Cool to play with Stoopid Dog's and would always sneak away
when no one was watching   :shify:  :sneaky: 8)  

« Last Edit: October 07, 2007, 19:04:05 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 18:55:47 PM »
Just waiting for them to wake up so i can take some photos
how old are your kittens? they are really sweet! :)

There 12 weeks old proper little fuss pots but can also be little terrors  :rofl: the darker one is tiggy and the lighter one pippin

Kitty is just over a year old and acts like a kitten herself  :Luv:

how old are your two?

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 18:31:18 PM »
Hi and welcome to purrs. Wow two kittens - you've got your hands full!!  ;D Looking forward to seeing the pics of them.

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 18:27:11 PM »
Just waiting for them to wake up so i can take some photos
how old are your kittens? they are really sweet! :)

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 18:05:12 PM »
Thanks have only had the kittens for a week was only going to have 1 but coudnt resist getting the 2  :rofl:
Cant wait too see pix of yours

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 18:04:07 PM »
Hi Tez2384,
Your cat and kittens are lovely, your cat looks like my tortie kitten but bigger  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 17:59:07 PM »
 :welcome:
I have not been a member that long if you ever need any advise on anything theres some great people around here!  ;D

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 17:27:37 PM »
Hi,
just going to take some photos (if they will cooperate!) will post them asap,

Pappilon-  :thanks: for the welcome, your cats are gorgeous are they male or female and do they get on well?

Stuart- Misty and Hamish are really cute they look so happy snuggled up together, do you also have dogs? as i am having a bit of trouble introducing my Labrador to the kittens as they are scared to death and hissing at honey (my lab) and she just wags her tail and wants to lick them!

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 22:33:44 PM »
 :welcome:   To Purrs, have you got names for them?? Cant wait to see the pics of tortie :Luv: 

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 22:24:28 PM »
Thats WONDERFUL!!!  :wow: ;D :evillaugh:

I Had My Misty First, Then Hamish came along later, and WITH  all their antics through the years!!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
(you'll see what I mean soon!!  ;) :rofl:)

"Thats" what turned me into a Cat person (I was a Dog Lover b4) slobbering lumps that they are :evillaugh:

Get the Picys up !!!

and TWO's COMPANY !! ;)

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 19:47:01 PM »
Hi Everyone,

You won't belive whats happened, I was speaking to my friend yesterday and her cousins cat had kittens who are 7 weeks old, she had 1 female left so my husband and I decided to get both that kitten and my little kitten (the liittle one who lives in a hutch) as they will be great company for each other we got advise from the vetinary nurse also whom said that it would benifit the younger kitten (i would have taken 2 from the same litter but the ones in the hutch were all sold) also the vetinary nurse said that the vet would let me know if i need Lactol gold kitten milk when she has her checkup.

Brought them both home today and they are currently asleep together snuggled up in their pink igloo bed!
I'm taking them both to the vets on tuesday for a thourgh mot.

I'm so happy I love them both to bits  :Luv: :Luv: will post a photo soon,

p.s Sam, been looking at the photos of your cats and they are gourgous! 

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 21:21:50 PM »
So pleased you are taking this little one home.  I've no experience of little kittens but I have just looked up Lactol Gold and is seems very good:

Lactol Gold has been formulated to closely match the nutritional requirements of kittens. Lactol Gold contains: 31% Whey protein, a highly digestible source with a superior amino acid composition; 22% Fat; Low lactose content Intact immunoglobulins, preserved by a unique drying process; Arachidonic acid, an essential fatty acid in felines; Taurine; for excellent vision and a healthy heart; Biotin, for a strong healthy coat; L-carnitine, for muscle development and energy generation; L-arginine, for optimal growth and developing a strong immune system; Fructo-oligosaccharidel; a pre-biotic for healthy gut function; DHA, for optimum neurological and visual development. Complete vitamin and mineral profile.

As I said in my previous post I would get her to see the Vet at the first opportunity and they will be able to advice whether or not little one needs the supplement or whether she can just go onto quality kitten food.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your baby when you get her and please do not hesitate to ask any questions as they arise.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 21:10:07 PM »
 :thanks:

Thanks for all your advise, I really appriciate it

I have decided that i am going to get the kitten on saturday as I think her health may suffer if she is left where she is, and also because she isnt feeding from her mother. I have been advised by a friend whom owns cats to try her with Sherleys Lactol gold veterinary milk  which is for kittens who are not suckling she said it gives young kittens essential nutrients, has anyone had any experience with this?  :Luv: :

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 19:37:24 PM »
our first cat was five weeks old (we did not know any better at the time as it had been dogs for generations in our house). He was fine, and yes, the fur went up, the tail fluffed out (all five hairs of it) and he had the dog well under control before you knew it. Just make sure you can be around during the day for regular meals as twice a day is not often enough for something that young.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 19:29:59 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Agree with others , get the kitten out of there and I hope you have some info to tell if she is healthy. Straight to the vets without delay and then get insurance asap.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 18:50:00 PM »
 :W: :E: :L: :C: :O: :M: :E:
                                                        T O
              :P: :U: :R: :R: :S:

I Totally Agree with what sam's said ;)

My mothers Cat Kirsty was only about four weeks old when she was found by herself next to our house
no mum to be seen, can't remember there being any problems, But like Sam says Check with the Vet

We had a lab/collie x at the time(gyp), and I always remember the first meeting, Gyp growled & Kirsty
fluffed herself up and tried to Hiss, aww it was so cute :Luv: :Luv: Gyp was soon put in her place &
Soon the two of them had a great rapport going and were lifelong friends.

I hope you do take her, (a good loving home) and get some piccy's too !!  It's the House Rule !!! :evillaugh:

Misty & Stuart

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 18:51:54 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 18:10:28 PM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Although I would normally agree with you and say the longer the kittens are with their mother the better however it seems in this case  it would be better for the kittens and mummy cat to be removed from the humans ASAP.  This women is obviously totally irresponsible and not providing the necessary care for a nursing mum and kittens ... a hutch outdoors is not the best place by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway rant over .... if you do take this little one I would recommend taking it to a vet straight away for a full "MOT" and inoculations.

Good luck and please keep us updated on how things go.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 19:36:09 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Catcrazymum

• Adult Cat
Hi There
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 18:00:32 PM »
Hi there,

i'm a mum of 2 girls age 5 and 7 and also a 3 year old labrador I've always loved cats but unfortunatly have never owned one as my mum is allergic and my husband insisted we got a dog when we got our own house as he is dog mad!, i've been thinking about getting a kitten for a while now and feel the kids and dog are now old enough to cope with an extra edition to the family, i work for a lady who has a dog and two adorable cats which made me want a cat even more!, so i rung a few adverts in the local paper and visited a pet shop and have found my kitten, she is a tortishell and is very pretty!, unfortunatly she is only 5 weeks old and the owner is wanting rid of the kittens this weekend they will be 6 weeks old on tuesday and i have asked if she can keep her till she is 7 weeks old as i have heard that they are too young before 7 weeks to leave their mother, also the owner said they were eating solid food and not taking milk from the mother, she keeps them outside in a hutch with a catflap on so they are also escaping down to the hedge and she is worried they will escape for good if they get any bigger! i really dont want her to give her to anyone else as she is the only female out of the litter, can anyone give me any advise?,

i would also like to say what a lovely forum!

Catcrazymum xx

Link to CatChat