Author Topic: Tigger coming to visit!  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Tigger coming to visit!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 00:24:36 AM »
I hope all has stayed well  ;D

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 19:48:30 PM »
Well, we always had the intention of introducing them at some point, because my friend goes abroad sometimes, and it's much less stressful for Tigs to be here than in a cattery.  He won't get out ... he's in the spare room, with all the house in-between, and the catflap is locked, anyway.  My lot are downstairs at the moment, and can't get upstairs.  So all's cool so far!   Oh, and for the record, Tigs is chipped, vaccinated and everything :)

Tigs has been to visit before I had my three, and seems to remember the place, as he is having no problems settling in ... tail up and perky all the way!  He's had his tea, had a wee, and had a cuddle (or three!) and seems quite at ease :)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 18:24:01 PM »
If hes not staying long i'd just keep him seperate. Less chance of escape too.

If he's not chipped id mention that too  ;D

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Tigger coming to visit!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 18:13:25 PM »
Well this should be interesting!

My friend's cat, Tigger, is coming to stay with us tonight as his slave is away.  Tigger is a beautiful long-haired tabby with gorgeous markings and a huge loo-brush tail!  He talks a lot, too!

My cats will know Tigger by his smell, as I often 'show' them him when I come back from visiting my friend.  I'm hoping that might make introductions easier, but just in case I'm going to put Tigs in a neutral room (the spare room to be precise!) and see how each of mine react when they smell him under the door.  If it seems favourable, I'll introduce them one at a time.  Sabby first, as he's a 'cat's cat', and is likely to be quite friendly.  I probably won't introduce Shanti straight away, as she can be very territorial.  Meesha, we'll have to see ....

Tigs is also a 'cat's cat' so will be interested .... he's not an aggressive cat at all.  If all goes well, Tigs can come and stay again when his slave goes away!  It makes feeding him easier as I won't have to tackle Bristol rush hour traffic getting to my friend's house first thing in the morning, and will have plenty of time to give him some company and play.  Luckily, Tigs loves travelling in the car, and takes very well to new places.

Wish me luck!

Link to CatChat