Author Topic: Chick Crumb Thread  (Read 5042 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Chick Crumb Thread
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 19:52:18 PM »
Gillian is everclean a clay litter?
I used the sainsburys ultra but then found a cheaper version on zooplus, its called golden grey and is £8.99 for 14kg  ;)

Ah, yes I keep meaning to try that golden grey one! Everclean is very similar to sainsbury's ultra (cept for the added benefit of killing coronavirus) It is so good at clumping it will even clump when you've run the tray right down to the last few grains!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 18:40:17 PM »
Gillian is everclean a clay litter?
I used the sainsburys ultra but then found a cheaper version on zooplus, its called golden grey and is £8.99 for 14kg  ;)

I bought sophisticat litter from tescos and refill the tubs  ;) ;)

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 15:07:44 PM »
After a recent discussion I was really interested in chick crumbs, but living in Italy I doubted if exactly the same product would be available here.  So I got on an Italian cat board and asked and no one knew anything about it...  :(

Well we found a shop who sells TidyCats (practically identical product to Everclean), our old stand by at 9€ for 6,35kg.  Surely not cheap but it IS indeed tidier than most other brands and almost hassle free, so for a moment we will stick with that.  With just Oliver it lasts up to 4 weeks.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 13:23:22 PM »
Where do you get them now Gillian?  In Jollyes they've gone up to £10 something, as I don't bother to flush anymore (toilet is too far away from where the trays are) I'm thinking of trying normal litter.

I don't buy them anymore. When Gwynnie got really sick last year and had high coronavirus titres, I had a rethink about litter as I needed to make sure the cats werent picking bits up on their feet and then washing (and maybe ingesting some). So, after reading about the types of litters that can actually kill the coronavirus on Dr Addie's FIP site - I changed to Everclean (clumping) in the trays that are most used. The trays that arent used so much get filled with Sainsbury's Ultra clumping. I must say I've been really impressed with Everclean - again its not cheap, but lasts ages and is very fine grains, so it doesnt get stuck in their feet so much, same with Sainsburys UC (although much cheaper than Everclean).   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 13:03:36 PM »
Thanks Sunama, that's a good price as it includes delivery.

I used to get my chick crumbs at my local petshop £6.50 for 20kg. The one I used to use before that was from Jollyes, Dodson and Horrell brand, about £7-8 for 20kg.

Where do you get them now Gillian?  In Jollyes they've gone up to £10 something, as I don't bother to flush anymore (toilet is too far away from where the trays are) I'm thinking of trying normal litter.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 13:00:18 PM »
I used to get my chick crumbs at my local petshop £6.50 for 20kg. The one I used to use before that was from Jollyes, Dodson and Horrell brand, about £7-8 for 20kg.

Offline sunama

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 12:56:22 PM »
Hi,

Here's a link that sells chick crumbs.

£13.95/20KG inc delivery.

http://www.gjwtitmussshop.co.uk/acatalog/BOCM_POULTRY_DIETS.html#a103
CODE: 103.

Hope this helps.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 12:56:24 PM »
Ahh thats what it was ! Thanks xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
Some feeds have anitbiotics added in, thats what you want to avoid.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 12:46:04 PM »
You can get it at Jollyes petstore http://www.jollyes.co.uk/store_locator.htm The brand sold in Jollyes is Dodson & Horrell - here's a list of stockists for D&H in Norfolk http://www.dodsonandhorrell.com/uk/d...&commit=Search Not all of them sell the entire range of D&H products, the chick crumbs are in the countryside range.

There's other brands sold aswell - Allen and Page - links to stockists in Norwich....

Just found this infor of stockists  :evillaugh:

http://www.smallholderfeed.co.uk/searchdb2.asp

Farmgate chick crumbs....

http://www.bocmpauls.co.uk/bocmpauls...homepage.jhtml

Smell wise it does just as good a job as other cat litters, I have hooded trays anyway so virtually no smells at all. The litter itself smells quite wheaty but it's not unpleasant and I guess WBCL smells the same just costs £36 for 15kg instead of £7 for 20kg! You need to have it quite deep (the same as WBCL), it clumps really well so is easy to scoop both liquids and solids!

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Chick Crumb Thread
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 12:41:03 PM »
Would this be OK ?? Has it got to be a particular type ? Im sure someone mentioned it had to be non medicated but I may be wrong ?  I know it had to 'NON' something !!??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FINE-CHICK-CRUMB-COMPLETE-FOOD-FOR-BABY-QUAIL-CHICKS_W0QQitemZ110175255254QQihZ001QQcategoryZ46292QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Link to CatChat