Author Topic: Microchip  (Read 5361 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: Microchip
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2007, 12:09:06 PM »
Petlog were great when I needed to transfer Minnie's ownership to me ... although they're not meant to transfer ownership without the previous owner's consent, they were really understanding about the fact that the last owner had dumped Minnie and couldn't be contacted as he was out of the country.  They could have been really strict about it but just said they would give me the benefit of the doubt as I would be unlikely to snatch a cat living nextdoor to me, and once they tried to call her old owner and got a disconnected message, they came back to me and said that was enough to back up my story.  They even looked through their records for me to find Minnie's DOB and old vet details, which I couldn't find anywhere else.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2007, 11:20:14 AM »
We're with Identichip. Fergus and Polly were chipped in the middle of July. I sent off the forms together in the same envelope. A good 2 months later I received the certificate for Fergus but not Polly's. So I've left it for a couple of weeks thinking maybe it might just be on it's way. Still no sign, so I tried ringing. No reply for days. I was ringing after 5, but I thought that they should have been open if people might be reporting their pets missing?? Anyway, finally got through to someone last week. She looked on the system and Polly hadn't been registered, so what had happened to her form I don't know?! She took some phone details from me and added her on. I've now got to re-send a form. It was a bit frustrating not being able to get hold of them, actually thinking about it, I emailed them too whilst not being able to get through on the phone and had no reply. But I've got the ladies name I spoke to if anyone wants her details, she was very helpful.

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2007, 10:40:47 AM »
Oh what a suprise !!!  :innocent:

Pet Log are good though.. once the transfer fee has been paid at least you know you will be able to speak to them.. its weird to think I used to work with them !

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2007, 10:22:35 AM »
Just thought I would update this for those interested. I still have not received any confirmation from Identichip that they have registered me as the owner of Heidi and Huxley. This has left me with grave concerns over the efficiency of this database operator. I called Petlog this morning to discuss when and how I could transfer their chip details to their database. Within minutes they had called up the identichip database, searched through and confirmed that Heidi and Huxley are registered to me and offered to print the details out for me. It costs £15 per cat to transfer to Petlog but the peace of mind that would bring me about their service is enough to convince me to transfer them.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2007, 15:37:18 PM »
I hadn't thought of them doing a bulk posting and that makes sense.

I have just had another email from Petlog to say that it is possible to have Heidi and Huxley's chips transferred to the Petlog database. An admin of £15 is payable although don't know if this is per cat and that automatically puts them onto the upgraded Petlog Premium service. I think personally I will do this as would prefer to have all the cats with one company.

EDIT: spoke to CP today and the lady that sends of registration docs etc was off for 2 weeks and she normally does a bulk posting every other week for stuff like this so paperwork has only just gone off. Still not heard back from the lady at Identichip and unsure now whether to let Heidi and Huxley out properly yet?!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 15:10:28 PM by fourfurballs »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2007, 14:00:17 PM »
CP probably held onto paperwork so they can send off a bulk amount at once so it could be that its arrived at the other end but not been processed yet. I used to work in a mailroom and there was always a back log of sacks!

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 13:17:21 PM »
well I've just been contacting Petplan in case Heidi and Huxley's tummy problems lead to a claim. This was supposed to be free insurance we got for 6 weeks because we adopted the cats from CP but again they have not heard of us so looks like paperwork not been sent off by CP. They are only open a few hours a day and Tues, weds and thurs pretty hectic for me so will try calling CP on Friday to chase up paperwork. Don't like pestering them as imagine they are busy enough but at same time need this sorted out.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2007, 23:34:59 PM »
Maybe CP didnt send off the form?

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2007, 20:52:51 PM »
this is what I'm not sure about as I thought I was supposed to be the registered owner - from the way it was explained to me I thought CP had them chipped and sent the registration off in my name and then what I got was the little tear off slip at the bottom of the registration docs. No registration certificate has been issued for them yet and they don't exist on the Identichip website. I'm glad to hear that there have been some good experiences with them and hope as Gill says all else is just a hiccup.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2007, 19:25:53 PM »
Puddy i wouldnt worry, the companies are all generally ok. Its probably not helped in FF case as shes not the registered owner.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2007, 19:24:32 PM »
Lets hope it was just a hiccup with them.

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2007, 19:17:58 PM »
Bilbo was chipped with Identichip and I registered Miss Boopy with them when she came to the UK and they have been nothing but helpful to me.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2007, 19:02:09 PM »
Oliver and Portia are due to be chipped next week.  Do you think I should check with our vet what they use?

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2007, 19:00:01 PM »
I haven't been able to speak to CP about this yet. I did finally get through to Identichip and the girl who answered the phone was the one who had emailed me. She asked me to send the email again and said she would send the registration out 1st class post. So I am going to give them benefit of doubt for a few days. Can't let H&H freedom yet anyway as cat flap not arrived and still not got their test results back. I have emailed Petlog back to ask if there is any way of transferring their registration to Petlog.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2007, 18:35:57 PM »
There seems to be a message in this thread   >:(

Dont use identichips nand I believe cats cannot have two chips  >:( >:( >:(

I would definatley contact CP and find out info from them and tell them the saga and that petlog chips are a much better idea.

This makes me so angry cos whats the point of having chips if the companies are so useless!

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 15:39:54 PM »
Absolutley rubbish ! Every chip is indiviual.. hence the reason for doing it !!!!! ha ha

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 15:34:56 PM »
they said they couldn't tell which I don't believe for a minute but there you go

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 15:32:33 PM »
Thats awful ! why not ? did you ask them why ?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 15:27:17 PM »
I wanted to know when ambers chip was put in to try and get some idea of how old she was (not a perfect science I know but better than nothing) anyway they said no!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 14:57:56 PM »
Fourfurballs, I've found them really unhelpful too. My oldest cat is registered with them and I want to change the address in her details. I emailed someone, and they said to send them all the necessary details, so I did. I never heard back from them. :(

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 14:41:39 PM »
one of mine has got this, her first owner had it put in so I don't know much about it but yes its nothing to do with petlog unfortunately, when I rang them I was a bit unlucky with the person I spoke to I think

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 13:35:31 PM »
What did CP say?

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 13:33:06 PM »
so I got really curious about this yesterday and after checking the Petlog website and noticing the Idenichip logo on it I emailed them - here is the response:

Thank you for your recent email

We can confirm Petlog and Identichip are 2 different databases.

We do work along side Identichip as we do the Reunification for them , so if the animal is found we can look onto the Identichip website to obtain the details .

We cannot make any amendments to the Identichip records.

We hope this assists you further

Kind regards

The Petlog Administration Team

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 16:55:15 PM »
Q: How do I change the Ownership on my Pets Microchip? ?

A: If you have your pets microchip number and the security code, which can be found on your pets idENTICHIP Certificate you can amend your details on this website, using your Credit / Debit card details for payment.

Alternatively you can send the slip at the foot of the Certificate or a letter with your pets microchip number and new address details along with a cheque or postal order for £5. If a letter is sent to us that is not signed by the registered owner to request a change of ownership we have to send a relinquishment letter to them. By law we have to give them 30 days to reply. If we don't receive a reply to the letter after this time we are legally allowed to amend the relevent details on our database.

I would phone the rescue and double check with them.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 16:47:46 PM »
Maybe the charity keeps them chipped to them?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 16:31:18 PM »
Is identichip the name of the chip?  I think there are different makes of chip and petlog is a company that registers several different chips? 

I could be completely wrong about that of couse  ;D  Are you saying that petlog don't recognise identichip?

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 16:28:14 PM »
Identachip could of been Petlog at one point ? Give Petlog a call & ask.. I used to work at Kenell Club where Petlog are based

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 16:13:51 PM »
MIne are all with Petlog although cant find ones details........note to me ..........sort it out!

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
Microchip
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 16:12:20 PM »
Does anyone have any experience of a chipping Co called Identichip?

Bronte and Dino were chipped by my vet in England and are registered with Petlog who I have found to be very good.

Heidi and Huxley came to us from CPL and were chipped by them through Identichip. Have had H&H for 4 weeks now. Want to start letting them out so went online to check registration details and could not login. Emailed identichip and they said H&H not registered so they asked me to email them certain details and would register them straight away. I have never received a response and when I tried ringing them today the phone just rings and rings.

Link to CatChat