Author Topic: Missing 18 year old cat - Reading  (Read 2276 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Missing 18 year old cat - Reading
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 23:15:16 PM »
My cat Smudge has been missing since Sept 4th 2007 in Queensbury, Bradford, W. Yorks. and he is 13.  My first cat lived to be 26 and she went missing when she was 11 for 3 months.  She just came back of her own accord - no idea where Tibby had been.  Fingers crossed my Smudge and your Smokey will soon come home.  Mary
 :catluv:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 03:12:58 AM »
So Sorry to hear about your pal's Furbabe, and tell her were all keeping our Fingers and Paws Crossed
that she/he'll come back when she/He get's Hungry

Misty n Stuart :hug:

« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:14:48 AM by Stuart »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 01:33:58 AM »
Dont forget the flyer's or leaflets posting through the area.....Good Luck for finding your cat  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 21:41:43 PM »
Sorry to hear abouitv your friends cat, whats her name?

The message id posters posters posters and all the advice on Sams link is tried and tested.

Hope she comes home soon  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 21:02:47 PM »
hello Aitch and welcome to Purrs. Sorry to hear about your friend's cat. Eighteen sounds like a great age for a cat, but a well-cared for cat can live into its twenties, so there is no reason to assume the worst. Someone here will give you the link to hints on how to find a lost cat. In the mean time, call all the local rescues, the veterinary surgeries, and (on the more morbid side) the local authority who will be able to put you in touch with the department that deals with animals killed in road accidents. Make up lots of posters and place them all around the neighbourhood. Knock on doors and ask people to look in their sheds (if you feel confident enough, ask them to do it while you wait. Cats get themselves locked in the silliest of places, and sometimes end up there for days. Walk around the neighbourhood at dawn and dusk calling. Wait long enough between calls to listen for a response (surprising how many people forget that vital period of silence). and good luck. Fingers crossed for a happy ending.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 21:01:49 PM »
Hi Aitch,

So sorry to hear about your friends kitty .... I'm sure you have already passed on the hints and tips http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=4304.0

Good luck and fingers crossed she will be back home soon. xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline aitch

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Loki, Tabitha, Frank, Nell and Percy
Missing 18 year old cat - Reading
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 20:49:17 PM »
My friend's cat went missing on 15th September, Smokey is a small dark tortoiseshell and she was wearing a red collar with a disc on it.
Unfortunately I didn't find out until to-day or else I would have posted much sooner. My friend didn't know about internet forums etc to help find her so I said I would try and spread the word on her behalf. She was so greatful! 
Smokey is a sweetheart, I look after her when her owner occassionally goes away.
Although my friend is fearing the worst,especially bearing in mind Smokey's age, I would hate for her not to find out something one way or another. Smokey was fine  until she went missing.

Link to CatChat