Author Topic: I Think its Time I said Hello  (Read 3371 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: I Think its Time I said Hello
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 15:45:50 PM »
ah wid sey, am Grand quine, jist Grand !! bit ti be farly onest wi yez am fair ti middlin ;) :rofl: :rofl:

Translation; I would say I Feel Great Girl, Just Greatl !! But to be really honest with you i'm just ok  :rofl: :rofl:

aye Angie I remember there was more to the saying " lang may yer lumb reek " but I could't mine, so I asked
my father and he says " Lang May Yer Lumb Reek Wi Ither Folks Coal !! " :rofl: :rofl:

Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 17:15:38 PM »
ah wid sey, am Grand quine, jist Grand !! bit ti be farly onest wi yez am fair ti middlin ;) :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Think we might need translation for some  :Crazy:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 17:11:02 PM »

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 16:30:40 PM »
Fit Like Angie, Fooz yer Doo's ?? ;D

Am mighkty fine, hows yersel  :rofl: :rofl:
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 16:17:04 PM »
The word has been banned on the forum so we dont see it and get tempted  :evillaugh:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Ahh I see :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fit Like Angie, Fooz yer Doo's ?? ;D

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 15:59:45 PM »
Hi Stuart Misty & Carol :welcome:

I also hail frae bonny Scotland (Glasgow), so you can blether to yer hearts content

Lang may yer lumb reek

Angie
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 15:53:56 PM »
The word has been banned on the forum so we dont see it and get tempted  :evillaugh:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 15:50:02 PM »
Hi Folks, :thanks: for the warm welcome
Seem's to be a lot of people from all over on here :wow:
and Everyone has one thing in common, Cats ;D
I didn't always like Cat's :-: but I didn't dislike them Iether :), I was Brought up with Dogs, my Uncle breeded german shepherd's
and My mother's cousin Huskie's, I Had no experiance with Cat's until I was 15, our family's dog was "Gyp" a collie/lab x and she was
brilliant, so from the age of 4 & a half till I was 21 (I always took her walks) and when Kirsty came along, it was so funny to see this
ickle ball of fluff hunch its back and try and hiss at Gyp(Kirsty was about 4 weeks old), She was found wandering in the lane outside
our house. We had her for 13yrs, and then she too succumed to Kidney failure :'(
I Bought my flat in 1990, and in the July 1991, a workmate came to me and asked did I know of anyone wanting a Cat??
He told me that a Cousin of his had a Farm south of aberdeen, and his cat had just had Kitten's, I was interested! and went to his
house that night for a look, I immediatly fell for this Chocolat coloured Ball of Fluff, but was quickly informed that, that was thier one
and was shown his Brother, a ickle grey/misty blue coloured ball, Hence the name Misty, Chico(Misty's brother) sadly lost out when He
Chased a Car, about 8 yrs ago now  :( He was the spitting image of his Brother!!!
A Few Months later Hamish appeared, and I remember being an Irate customer, taking Misty back to the vet's to double check He was
Dressed!! as when the 2 of them First met, Misty was trying to mount Hamish?? the vet checked Misty and he was ok, she then told
me it was a Dominance thing and not to worry, They soon settled in and had a great Rapport going, although Misty has an evil streak
and would sometimes jump on Hamish when He was sleeping, But Hamish would always give as good as he got ;D ;D
and thats the way it carried on for years, even used to take them on holiday up north to my Grandfathers house, surrounded by woods
with 5 acres of ground, they loved every minute of it, when they were there ;D ;D

I have been to the IOM TT about 7 times altogether, and its :wow: although Iv'e never been to NW200 :( one day though ;D

"Blether" means to speak a lot ;) and I am for ever gettin the piss took out of me when I go offshore, cause I have a very Broad accent
If you type a search for the word " Doric " on the net you will find out more ;)

Liz'll ken fit am spikin aboot :evillaugh:

Spik ti yez latron

Stuart n Misty

P.S Dog's Can be Dumb, But Cat's will always be Clever

P.P.S. why is it if you type chocolat with an "e" it post's it on here as healthyfood??

chocolat :doh:
chocolate :-:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 10:21:45 AM »
 :welcome: You'll have ageat time here Stuart

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 09:20:12 AM »
Welcome to you all. Not quite sure what "blethering" is but I guess you can do as much of it as you like online as no-one can interrupt you! :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:23:56 AM »
 :welcome: Stuart, Carol and Misty

You are in like-minded company on here that's for sure. I am sorry you've had a tough time and I hope things start to look better soon.

PS I'm not a Scot!  Just hang about with them... know no better really! :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 08:24:43 AM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 07:31:39 AM »
Hu Stuart.  Welcome aboard.  My OH's Scottish - hails from Dalkeith.  He used to be a welder too.  Scotland's like a second  home to us.  If we could just get those flippin lottery numbers up it'd be our first and only home!

As the others've said, you should get on famously with everyone here - especially Lynn if she's about.  She's passionate about bikes (and cats, and kids, and wildlife and life in general - she's belter as they say in these parts!)

Hi to Carol and Misty too.  I'm sorry about Hamish.  Sounds like that was a rough time.

Right - here's tae ye:   :drink:  (bit early inna morning - but hey - spmeone's gotta do it!)

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 06:52:37 AM »
Hi Stuart and a belated welcome to Purrs, as you've already seen it's such a great friendly site!!

So sorry about Hamish.
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 21:28:15 PM »
Hi Stuart,

It's good to hear from you "officially" ....  You should fit in very well hear ... motorbikes, cats and  being from Scotland, and working offshore  ... I think you and Lynn will be "blethering" away for hours! LOL.  (her hubbie works offshore)

I'm so sorry to hear about poor Hamish and I hope you, Carol and Misty are all bearing up  :(

Looking forward to chatting more.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 21:31:02 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 21:23:52 PM »
Officially   :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I guess blethering means rabbit rabbit rabbit  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 21:20:51 PM »
 :welcome: From the Clan Cats slightly down the coast and inland a bit near Kemnay in Aberdeenshire

We have 36 cats - all ours and 3 strays, a JRT Lady called Jazz and a Border Collie pup called Sky who is learning that the cats are in charge and have claws and their tail wags aren't always in friendship!

I work in Dublin and my OH stays at home with the kids! :Crazy:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 21:06:37 PM »
as I'm from Northern Ireland can I join in this celtic blethering too? So you are a motorbike man are you - my hubby is too. Sunday's spent watching motogp, track days at kirkistown and he loves the Northwest 200; his plan is to get to the TT some year but not made it yet. My 3 year old even knows most of the riders in the motogp now and often tells us about Rossi.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 21:00:35 PM »
I reckon this sassenach will give you a belated  :welcome: to Purrs and look forward to more chatting.  Celtic "blethering" is cool on here  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 20:57:19 PM »
hello Stuart - me my ancestors came from the sands of Gairloch, but i am Austtralian born Welcome to Purrs ;D and good to see you here  ;D ;D

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
I Think its Time I said Hello
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 20:52:21 PM »
First off, I'd Just Like to Thank All The People who Supported Me with Hamish, I Really Appreciate It !!

OK I'm Stuart & He's Misty, I'm married to Carol "a Nurse" whom I met while visiting A&E after Crashing My bike 7 years ago,
I stay in Fraserburgh 42mls north of Aberdeen on the east coast of Scotland, been here all my life
for 20 yrs I was a welder workin in the Broch, but for the last yr & a half have been working offshore
Im in a motorcycle club, and I used to do the website for it till it got too much like hard work
I have Always loved animals & nature since I was ickle, and have been a vegetarian since 1990 ( But I dont preach it )

I was gonna keep this short, but if you haven't noticed by now," I'm a bit of a Blether"  ;D
What happens now, cyber drinks or something, I'll hae a cup o tea n Misty'll hae 2 paws o cat milk  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat