Author Topic: 2 Days Until Bailey Has Been Missing For One Long Year  (Read 7829 times)

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
Re: 2 Days Until Bailey Has Been Missing For One Long Year
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 11:20:54 AM »
I have also lost 2 to RTA's, 2 golden oldies at 17 and 21.5 years and love and miss them all but live in hope that our boys Salem (feral) and Bandit (My first handrear) will be back - they were devoted brothers when they lived with us although came in at different times

I just like to think someone is enjoying their company but one day they will come home to us.  We keep them in our hearts and still talk about them somehow time dimishes the pain of not knowing but we still love and miss them every day. :Luv:

Hi Liz,
i'm so sorry to hear you lost 2 of your own cats through RTA aswell, i've never lost one of my cats through an RTA so i'm thinking its unlikely that my Bailey has been in an RTA, but thats me keeping my hopes up to find him, we lost our cat Pizza before shes 15 years old, she was lost twice, one time she got found about 15 minutes away a few days later...a lady took her in, and the other time she was missing for a week and was found over the back house in their shed, keeping in mind she was locked in there all through the fireworks as it was early november, apparently there dog was barking alot, and then they realised they had our cat locked in there shed, now Pizza is very scared of fireworks...

Thats why i say never give up there are positive stories out there....which are an influence to us who have missing cat/s

my thoughts are with you also xxx
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 11:22:58 AM by Joanne_06 »
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006
Gosport, Hampshire have you seen him?
Neuteured Male, 3 yrs old (now)
Tabby, white under chin, missed very much, our Bailey!

Alfie, Lu-Lu...
muchly missed Bailey and Pizza

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 19:52:25 PM »
I have also lost 2 to RTA's, 2 golden oldies at 17 and 21.5 years and love and miss them all but live in hope that our boys Salem (feral) and Bandit (My first handrear) will be back - they were devoted brothers when they lived with us although came in at different times

I just like to think someone is enjoying their company but one day they will come home to us.  We keep them in our hearts and still talk about them somehow time dimishes the pain of not knowing but we still love and miss them every day. :Luv:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 17:41:45 PM »
Liz and Joanne,

I have lost 3 cats to RTA and then have Pooh who is missing - I find it easier to cope with Pooh being missing than the 3 cats that are buried in my garden. I think this is because i know the 3 in the garden are dead where as with Pooh there is hope that he is alive somewhere.

Dont get me wrong i Miss Pooh and it hurts but there is that glimmer of hope.
I've heard people say its worse when they are missing because you dont know what has happened but for me its easier.
I know Pooh wouldnt have just gone off to a new home because he wasnt that kind of cat. He was my shadow, i couldnt even wee without him sitting on my lap  :rofl: (and thats the truth)
But he might have got in the back of a van or someone might have pinched him.
To be honest I do classify Pooh as being at the Bridge because in my heart thats where i feel he is BUT there is just a chance that he is somewhere else enjoying life with a new Mummy and thats what keeps me going.

Love to you both - and never give up hope xxx

Hi Michelle,
I'm very sorry to hear you lost three of your cats through RTA, you must be devastated with poor Pooh still being missing, i can understand that it must be more able to come to terms that maybe Pooh has gone to the Bridge, but as you said he might still be out there, and i agree its worse when they're missing because you don't no whats happened to them, whether they're still out there or not...also liked to add that your quote of Pooh being your shadow etc made me chuckle  :) hope you find him....also NEVER give up Michelle

my thoughts are with you xxx

anyway would also like to add to all other people reading this topic, PLEASE PLEASE don't give up your cat/s are out there some where...i shall never give up until i find him, which will happen one day...i hoping!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 17:45:17 PM by Joanne_06 »
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006

Alfie, Lu-Lu...

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 17:30:47 PM »
Joanne keep looking we have 2 boys on a mission without permission - Since November 2004 Salem and Bandit

When we moved I changed their ID Chips ands live in hope that one day they will be back in the loving paws of the Clan Cats

Hi Liz, thanks for the info, yeah i'm going to carry on looking just concerned if i will ever find him, and oh i'm sorry to hear that your 2 boys are missing also, i'm sure they are out there some where, we all just need to carry out our searches until we find them...one day...
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006

Alfie, Lu-Lu...

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 12:55:08 PM »
Liz and Joanne,

I have lost 3 cats to RTA and then have Pooh who is missing - I find it easier to cope with Pooh being missing than the 3 cats that are buried in my garden. I think this is because i know the 3 in the garden are dead where as with Pooh there is hope that he is alive somewhere.

Dont get me wrong i Miss Pooh and it hurts but there is that glimmer of hope.
I've heard people say its worse when they are missing because you dont know what has happened but for me its easier.
I know Pooh wouldnt have just gone off to a new home because he wasnt that kind of cat. He was my shadow, i couldnt even wee without him sitting on my lap  :rofl: (and thats the truth)
But he might have got in the back of a van or someone might have pinched him.
To be honest I do classify Pooh as being at the Bridge because in my heart thats where i feel he is BUT there is just a chance that he is somewhere else enjoying life with a new Mummy and thats what keeps me going.

Love to you both - and never give up hope xxx

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 21:26:51 PM »
Joanne keep looking we have 2 boys on a mission without permission - Since November 2004 Salem and Bandit

When we moved I changed their ID Chips ands live in hope that one day they will be back in the loving paws of the Clan Cats
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 17:04:50 PM »
Thats so sad, I hope he is still out there and returns home soon.  :hug:

I hope he's still out there also...just wish he would come home  :( 

Just wanted to update and put him missing on here again just to refresh peoples memories
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006

Alfie, Lu-Lu...

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 17:02:57 PM »
I know just how you feel -
My cat Pooh will have been missing for 4yrs on 1st October.

Just never give up hope, I havent !!
Sending you a Hug coz i know how you feel xxxxx

Michelle, so sorry to hear Pooh is still missing, just keep the high hopes...he's out there some where, i intend to carry out my search for my Bailey! and i'm sure Pooh is out there waiting for you to find him
 :hug:
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006

Alfie, Lu-Lu...

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 16:41:27 PM »
Thats so sad, I hope he is still out there and returns home soon.  :hug:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 21:51:45 PM »
I know just how you feel -
My cat Pooh will have been missing for 4yrs on 1st October.

Just never give up hope, I havent !!
Sending you a Hug coz i know how you feel xxxxx

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 13:39:00 PM »
As Angie says don't give up hope  :hug:  He is a very handsome young man  :)

Thanks Helen!
and yes i'm not going to give up....not ever!

1 year TODAY :O its been a long time...

Its those scammers which really make me annoyed, one person told me they lived in southampton and took it to Africa with them, and i could pay them the money to transport the cat, anyway this continued for a couple of weeks, and then i asked several times for a picture and i eventually got one, but it wasn't my cat, plus it was a scam so in the end i ended it

although i'm very grateful to those that actually got in contact with possible sightings etc

fingers crossed he will get back one day  :scared:
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 13:40:21 PM by Joanne_06 »
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006

Alfie, Lu-Lu...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 09:25:31 AM »
As Angie says don't give up hope  :hug:  He is a very handsome young man  :)

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 11:56:51 AM »
What a beautiful boy your Bailey is, some cats have been know to be misssing for years than reappear hope this is the case of your furbabe, fingers crossed  :hug:

Thanks Angie!
and yes i hope so aswell, still have my fingers crossed he will be found
Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006

Alfie, Lu-Lu...

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »
What a beautiful boy your Bailey is, some cats have been know to be misssing for years than reappear hope this is the case of your furbabe, fingers crossed  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Joanne_06

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Pizza x
2 Days Until Bailey Has Been Missing For One Long Year
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 10:16:25 AM »
Our Bailey who would now be 1 years old now nearly getting on for 2, he has been missing for nearly 12 months now, one long search of putting posters up around lamp posts, putting the posters through over 200 doors of local people, and putting notices in shop windows, visiting local shelters, calling around rescues, calling vets, telephoning the council, we even visited a few houses of people who thought they had found him, but unfortuently wasn't him, also have him on many websites, with the odd scammers pretending they have him  :shify: and we've talked to local people, and been outside searching

Also a person a few days ago contacted me with a tabby cat they had found, quite local, he sent some pictures forward, but still wasn't our long lost Bailey, we have him down at our local rescue centre as lost, so if he arrives there they will inform us, i hope....

Bailey (pictured below)
Missing Since 24-09-2006

Alfie, Lu-Lu...

Link to CatChat