Author Topic: Hello from me,Boy&Phoebe  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Hello from me,Boy&Phoebe
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2007, 23:55:51 PM »
I love Pheobe  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2007, 23:19:39 PM »
Hi Pappilon and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your furries are gorgeous ... good luck with Mr Tramp (fingers crossed he will learn to trust you soon).

Looking forward to chatting more and hearing more about your furbabes.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
Big :thanks:,and your Zephyr is gorgeous,can you send a pic f him in full ;)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2007, 21:53:11 PM »
Hi Pappilon and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your furries are gorgeous ... good luck with Mr Tramp (fingers crossed he will learn to trust you soon).

Looking forward to chatting more and hearing more about your furbabes.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2007, 21:30:40 PM »
I think Gingerbread was fairly young but dont really know, and I will be looking forward to seeing Mr Tramp in the diary at Christmas  ;D

Every copy we sell will help other cats like Mr Tramp and Gingerbread  ;D

Dont give up on Mr Tramp, I know you wont but he obviously has an affection for you  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2007, 09:32:54 AM »
Ooooh what a wonderfull ending foe Ginger bread,i think if your little one didnt like him it was best to find him a home,but thats how it is with MRTRAMP he never fights with other cats and he is so calm with them, i think thats how he survive not getting hurt? Yes i have tried 2 years a go buy putting his food closer and sit next toit and wait thats how i got to get close to him, but unfortunatly when last december i lost my DD,i was in such bad state that i didnt spend much time out and just made sure he gets his food (Shame on me), and now its back to old time  :( i do have a flap but sadly i have the same situation Phoebe hate other cats,and some how she accepted to live with boy because he was here when she came and he is so easy she still sis at him everymorning on her way out and he knows not to get on her way,but out there she chases other cats, but i was wondereing was ginger bread a younger cat?? because there were few cats that years a go use to come here and i got mayhew home to rehome 3 of them and one used to walk in go to the kitchen have his and live as long as i didnt get to close,so MR TRAMP is not the first but he certainly is different for some reason i cant see trusting slave to lookafter him :) but i wont give up if oneday he decide he wants to move in i will find a way ! I am so glad you suggested his picci in diary for christmas becoz it might help other cats like Gingerbread and him and for people to give them a chance.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 00:43:00 AM »
I wish I could help about his coat but unless he will trust you enough for you to groom him, I cant think of anything else, cept what you did tonight and what you have done in the past.

This time of the year is very bad for the seeds offf plants and many weeds have little hard round burrs which are sticky and get stuck in the fur, also there are some long ones which have little hooks in and all this he will get just by going through places where the plants are. Even if you can get a few off him by hand every bit will help.

Just wondering, have you ever tried going to look for him in the direction he goes in and also to see what sort of land there is?  He must have found somewhere fairly dry and sheltered where he feels safe...............try not to let him see you cos it would be terrible if he got scared and left.

As I dont know the lie of the land there, is there anyway you can gradually get him to feed closer and closer to your house and each time tickle his head and talk gently too him...................you have probably done all this before  :rofl:

Do you have a cat flap and how ould your others react to him?

In London I had a cat flap and over a period of 10 months a very frightened ginger cat, who used to come in the cat flap at night and eat my cats food, went from 9 months of terrified to a lap cat. I found out he was terrified after catching him in the house and him running the wrong way and he was cowering in a corner. I let him just leave again and he would come in every night and when it got to October time I knew he was also sleeping in the kitchen on a box.

My cat hated all other cats which was very sad but on Christmas day he came in when I was eating the turkey and Kocka had her turkey dinner and I made him a dish round the corner. He sat by the dish and waited for Kocka to finish and come to me for cuddles and strokes on my knee and then he ate his.  ;D

Later that night he came back and walked straight up to me and lay down and within minutes he was on my lap purring and headbutting and wonderful. He was a pale ginger all over and I called him Gingerbread but sadly Kocka hated him and started to attck him when she had the higher ground. He would just sit there and let her and she made his ears bleed but he never retaliated and it was so sad but I had to ask CP to rehome him. I regretted it immediately and wanted him back but he already had a home within 24hrs.

I was told they took him to his new home and he immediately jumped on the new owners lap and started purring  ;D

It still breaks my heart but at least he had a good home .

I just wondered if Mr Tramp could be another Gingerbread  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2007, 23:12:32 PM »
I thinkyou are right becoz its mostly where he cant reach to groom,and few months ago while he was eating i managed to cut some of it and he didnt mind but then he moved further and i had to stopbut tonight when i put the food down i reached him, he loves his head to be scrached,and he had all these hard things on his headand i remove them with my fingers ,it was dirt and i dont know maybe from plants or slugs??But at least he has very good appetite, please if you know of anything which you think might help his coat tell me i dont mind, i do anything to helphim have better life,he doesnt have the luxuary of indoorcats,the warmth and love,... also i did send his piccis to TAN, and she was really kind she will put himin christmas week ,Thanks for the advise :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2007, 22:42:14 PM »
My purrrrrsonal feeling is that its not fleas, he may not groom properly like Misa but usually the deteriation in the state of the coat has an underlying health problem  :(

Mind you if they do not groom and get slugs stuck in it they have to dry out before the cat can groom em out and then you will just get mat on top of mat.

Like you it would break my heart to see him slope off down the road to hide outside again, so very sad. I just think Mr Tramp looks so lovely and I wish he could understand what he is missing.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2007, 22:36:10 PM »
I wonder if you created a warm dry hideaway for him in the garden , whether he would adopt it as his home  ;D
  I dont think it works,the communal garden is in the back and in the front of the house isnt suitable , becoz its people coming and going and cars all the time,some nights i watch him after having his food he just goes to the street and walk to the end of the road and disappear  in dark in someones garden :(it breaks my heart specially when its cold,he has got a very thick coat which is so different with oher cats/i think living rough they creat a thick winter coat to protect them,i asked my vet about the state of his coat and he said sometimes is the fleas which causes this,i put stronghold on him whenever i can reach him under the car but how can u prevent the fleas outdoor? But atleast he has a very good meal everynight and i think that helps.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2007, 21:37:15 PM »
I wonder if you created a warm dry hideaway for him in the garden , whether he would adopt it as his home  ;D

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2007, 19:10:04 PM »
It's true Gill. I think though that Mr. Tramp has been happy just giving Pav the little bits of him he wants, I suspect that from what Pav has told me that he won't be homed easily.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2007, 17:54:04 PM »
Mr Tramp is just huggably lovely  ;D

So sad if he is getting matted cos if he is older he may not be well. Every Mr Tramp should have a slave but so sad when they wont trust us enough  :(

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 17:48:30 PM »
Its no such thing as tooomany aunties for a girl ;) Toomany aunties = Toomany presents :). And MrTramp is a sweeti,i wish i knew how old is he? He has been coming here for last four years but i think he is much older?

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 07:13:41 AM »
Hello Pav, and welcome to Purrs.  So - you're Pippa's Aunty too, eh?   :rofl:  Well, she needs plenty of people to keep an eye on her antics, by the sounds of it!

Your babies are beauties.  Even Tramp, bless him.

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 18:54:38 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to purrs
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 16:12:55 PM »
How are they liking Da Bird?  Phoebe looks like she can be a snugglebum soon. Someday  ;)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 15:40:24 PM »
I know Ruth, he is a sweetheart and last year because i spent a lot of time outside with him he let me brush him and treat some of his wounds that was last summer but winter time i didnt stay out a lot and just left him his food so now he wont let me get close to him and i noticed his coat is really matted and doesnt look healthy,it must be his winter coat? But i managed to reach him under the car and try to do it with my fingrs but it doesnt look too good :( This photo was taken two years ago, he is such a beautifull cat sometimes i just wish he would trust me to take him and clean himup,and look after him, maybe one day?  ;) x

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 15:14:24 PM »
Oh Pav! Mr Tramp is gorgeous. I know you told me about his coat but I couldn't imagine that. He's fabulous! 

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 12:35:45 PM »
Mr Tramp had to wait for next post to get his picture on :sneaky: it didnt allow me to put more than 4 piccis!!AS i said i am not good at doing piccis :-[ but i am glad you like my little furfriends :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 22:37:25 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I love your cats especially the white one  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 22:23:23 PM »
Hi Pav and welcome to Purrs. Looking forward to hearing more about you all.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 22:20:06 PM »
Hi Pavvy !!! So pleased to see you on here.

:welcome:  :Luv:

For other members Pav is my old (as in past not old old   :evillaugh:)  neighbour and still lives next door to my sister (Pippas mum) and Pippa adores her Aunty Pav.  Am so pleased you decided to post.

Boy and Phoebe look wonderful, hun. I have the Da Birdies for you  :) and will drop them off either this weekend or next.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 22:14:56 PM »
Hi Pav &  :welcome: to Purrs

Gorgeous pics  :Luv: Where's Mr Tramp's pic though  :evillaugh: Sorry to hear about DD and Jim, they really will be safe and sound at the Bridge until you're raedy to collect them  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Hello from me,Boy&Phoebe
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 21:20:23 PM »
Hi everyone,i am Pav and i live with Boy which is twelve and Phoebe 10,tyey are both rescue cats boy hasbeen with me for 8 years,but phoebe hasbeen with us only for 4 months. I lost my beautifull baby called DD last december and kittybabe wrote a farewell to  dd in rainbow bridge and some of you nice people sent some kind reply to it, i was really touched not mentioning the tears :( few months later i adopted Jim he was 17,and he had most beautifull&kind nature, he was with us for 4 short months and was pts but we had four wonderfull months together 8), now is only three of us, OO and ofcourse the feral cat called Mr Tramp ;) now i am going to try to put the piccis,i am really not good at this but lets see if not i try later :)  :nite:

Link to CatChat