Author Topic: Prawns !  (Read 3545 times)

Offline deni

• Adult Cat
  • Rowland and Macavity
Cheesy Wotsits - High Security Wing
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2007, 17:36:00 PM »
Cheesey wotsits, cheese & onion crisps, poppadums are kept in a high security wing. There isn't a cupboard, microwave or oven door my two can't open, Macca east anything that hasn't got vinegar on it. The last two months have been hell, he's been on a diet of no titbits and hates it.  :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Prawns !
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2007, 15:42:24 PM »
My Baz loves fruit esp red fruit....he adores prawns too as do my others....i have even know him to eat a winkle  :sick: cos the kids were eating them!  :Crazy:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2007, 15:16:13 PM »
Pippa loves Oatabix... my sister has a rowdy kitten around her until they can sit down for breakfast and Pippa wants her spoonful and then jumps off to galavant around the house. Its a pretty cute little routine they have there.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2007, 10:56:05 AM »
Grwndi loves cheese and onion crisps,Ging loves anything fish and meaty and our Pwt (RIP) during the last year of her life lived on ambrosia custard and vanilla muller yogurt as well as her felix senior.  Oh the things we do for our cats lol  Just remembered Pwt loved weetabix too and porriage :Luv:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2007, 10:27:28 AM »
claudius always at the pineapple off my pizza when they forgot and put some one. I hate pineapple on pizza so would leave it to the side of the box, from where Claudius happily helped himself. :Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2007, 10:24:26 AM »
Dairlylea blobs.... (Still says it's Helen's fault!) .  I am terrified of trying anything else or my grocery bill is going to get seriously high... its bad enough Lexy likes spinach off my pizza and butter off my fingers...  :innocent: 

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2007, 23:33:33 PM »
And a friend of mine has a cat who sits in front of the oven growling when chicken is roasting - he can keep it up for hours!  ;D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2007, 23:31:56 PM »
mmmm let me think what do the bengals go nuts for ....................... bread, butter, chinese takeaway, all things fish, all things meat (esp roast chicken), my dinner, my breakfast, my lunch.............ok you get the picture  :rofl:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 23:18:48 PM »
She's never eaten it but Mis Boopy shows an unusual fascination with Aunt Bessies Apple Crumble! Eating fish and chips is always interesting as Boopy tries to run off with the fish and Bilbo wants the chips! :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2007, 22:50:16 PM »
Bertie won't leave anyone alone who opens a bag of cheese-flavoured crisps in the house - Quavers, Wotsits, he loves 'em.

Lukey and Riley just shared a cheesy Wotsit, they liked it so much they tried to lick the cheesy coating off my fingers  :sick:

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2007, 21:48:21 PM »
Humphrey likes Cheese and he's partial to Porridge as well  :Luv:

Offline deni

• Adult Cat
  • Rowland and Macavity
Garlic butter
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2007, 21:32:57 PM »
Macca has made a serious assault on the fridge, eaten a dish of garlic butter, followed by Salami.

Nice when he jumps on your chest for the morning alarm call! :P

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2007, 21:15:33 PM »
Bertie won't leave anyone alone who opens a bag of cheese-flavoured crisps in the house - Quavers, Wotsits, he loves 'em.  Matilda (RIP) used to sit on the dining table when we had fish and try to prise it off the fork with her paw before you could reach your mouth!  And a friend of mine has a cat who sits in front of the oven growling when chicken is roasting - he can keep it up for hours!  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2007, 21:06:30 PM »
Jaffa goes mad for prawns or any raw meat.  If I give him a piece of raw chicken or beef that's bigger than about 1/2 inch square he runs off with it to his safe corner and growls at me and Mosi.  Sometimes he's too worried to let go of it to actually eat it so wanders around with it in his mouth and growling  :rofl:

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 21:05:11 PM »
The weirdest thing I found was when Binky opened the fridge while we were out, pulled out pate and then got bread out of the breadbin! I was waiting for him to use the toaster... :innocent:

Xanthe so far is a bit more restrained. She does however like a bit of freshly roasted chicken (and who can blame her?)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 20:55:40 PM »
Archie expects some prawns every morning and cannot wait to get his paws on them. I have to fend himoff until they are prepared. By the way I buy the supermarket ecomony ones! ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 20:29:11 PM »
And the one thing kocka would not touch was prawns! In fact have never had a cat who like them  :-:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 20:28:13 PM »
Kocka used to adore christmas turkey and especially if it was mixed with the jelly but then she loved newly cooked lamb and most things meat or fish that were on my plate.

When she first walked through my door she chased me round the kitchen for a sausage  ;D

My current crew are dead boring, its cat food all the way and thing esle...........well I am trying to poisen them!

Ducha does like cheese and butter though and he will sit at my feet when I am eating looking up with biiiiiiiiiig blue eyes, thinking maybe he will like it but never does ............sigh

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 20:25:02 PM »
Zephyr will sell his soul for prawns (this is the only food where he growls at anyone who might take them away from him  :rofl: ) he also goes completely mental for roast beef (a regular weekend treat ... two slices of best topside from Morrisons!)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 20:19:10 PM »
My Henry (RIP) would go just like that for Turkey. We had to stop him from trying to open the oven at Christmas. He would sit in front of it for hours and howl and howl until it was cooked and cool enough for him to have a slice. Henry always got first taste of the Christmas turkey.  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 19:49:17 PM »
I have always found my cats go insane when I have liver for dinner. Little paws appear over the edge of the counter groping around like periscopes in the hope of snatching whatever they can find. Have nearly ended up with toenail clippings in my lambs' fry occasionally  :rofl:

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 12:58:17 PM »
And here is the little madam !

She has blood stained lips in this pic.. she caught a bird & she wouldnt let anyone near her to clean her up.. shes a fiesty one but in this pic she looks like butter wouldnt melt ! She is also a fighter as you can see from the war wounds on her ear !

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 12:50:49 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: he went for him because he thought he was picking up a prawn!!!??  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

she did yes.. everytime someone moved thier hand.. there was Jazz trying to box them !!!!!!  :rofl:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 12:46:48 PM »
Max would sell his soul for fresh salmon  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 12:46:28 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: he went for him because he thought he was picking up a prawn!!!??  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 12:48:59 PM by lilycat »

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 12:44:12 PM »
ha ha i think its hillarious !!!   ;D

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »
Yep! Mango also loooooves the prawns! I have never seen a cat so possessive. She even growls when i try to come over and break it up for her.

:shy:

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline lisa77

• Hero Cat
  • Little Leo..
Prawns !
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 12:40:10 PM »
I was over at a frineds last night. We were talking about Leo & Jazz (their cat) & they said about a time when they had people over & King Prawns were on the menu.. Jazz apparently went absolutely mental !!!

She is a very tempremental cat anyway & only wants to know you when she wants.. has been known to attack with no warning too ! well they were saying they gave her 1 & from that moment she turned into a wild thing ! Pouncing on everyones hands trying to get the prawns they were eating ! Marcus said she was possessed ! even when he went to change the TV channell she pounced on him thinking he had just picked up a prawn !!  :hungey:  :boxer:

Just wondered if anyone else's kitties go mental for a particular food ?

Link to CatChat