Author Topic: PAWS INN APPEAL  (Read 2741 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: PAWS INN APPEAL
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 21:42:15 PM »
I had posted here welcoming Jayne back to the forum but I did not realise at the time that her beloved Thomas was PTS yesterday.

I do welcome you, Jayne, but I am so sorry for your loss.   :hug:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 12:05:08 PM by Christine (Blip) »
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline ajay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 21:27:07 PM »
Just read this one.I,ll be over soon to see you Theresa...I owe you so much,love Jayne x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 21:09:08 PM »
http://www.pawsinncats.com/appeals.htm

Just updated this, and made some changes.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 14:15:48 PM »
Just bumping this.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 08:05:08 AM »
Yes I know, I work in the industry and we protect our own stories in the same way. A link will suffice.

I thought you would know, hun, but I posted just in case...

:-[

Aw C xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 07:59:08 AM »
Yes I know, I work in the industry and we protect our own stories in the same way. A link will suffice.

I thought you would know, hun, but I posted just in case...

:-[
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 07:56:51 AM »

Christine, will be adding that write up on the website as well. Creating an appeal page tonight.

Ruth, there are stringent laws about newspaper copyright and nasty fines.  I have spoken to the journalist concerned and he is happy for his article to be promoted by Paws Inn but you need to be very clear about attributing it to the paper (Northwich Guardian) with the date etc.  The best thing might be to post up the URL on the Paws Inn website?

:Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 07:52:56 AM »
I hope the article does some good, I have made a comment.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 07:46:25 AM »

Christine, will be adding that write up on the website as well. Creating an appeal page tonight.

Ruth, there are stringent laws about newspaper copyright and nasty fines.  I have spoken to the journalist concerned and he is happy for his article to be promoted by Paws Inn but you need to be very clear about attributing it to the paper (Northwich Guardian) with the date etc.  The best thing might be to post up the URL on the Paws Inn website?

:Luv:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 07:34:57 AM »
Just adding this to this thread:

For anyone wishing to make a donation, no matter how small, please visit:

www.pawsinncats.com/donate.htm

If you don't have a paypal account, thats ok you can make a donation direct from your bank account using a debit card. Paypal is secure and trusted.

If you prefer to send a cheque please contact Teresa via her number on: www.pawsinncats.com/contact.htm for detail on how to send this.

:thanks: peeps.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 21:51:52 PM »
Thanks very much Mark  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 21:50:00 PM »
Here's the text Gill,

We need your help at centre
By James Wilson

A CAT rescue centre in Weaverham is bursting at the seams and the owner is pleading for someone to give her a helping hand.

Paws Inn Rescue Centre in XXXX Avenue is currently home to more than 50 cats and kittens which need good homes, but owner Teresa Phillips says she is desperate for help.

Teresa said: "We are looking for donations, cat food, kitchen rolls, anything that can help us.

"We need help to pay our vet bills because every cat we look after we neuter, microchip and vaccinate. It costs a lot.

"We home check everyone very carefully before they can collect them. We don't want them to end up back on the streets again."

The one helper who does come and help is from Manchester and helps out on a Saturday because she works in the week.

A vaccination and neutering costs £30 each, and a microchip costs £15.

When the cats have had their various checks the centre does not make a charge, but if people want to make a donation the centre are very grateful.

She added: "Some of the cats who we take in are very poorly when we get them and it costs a lot of money to bring them up to health.

"Every weather-beaten, flea-ridden an battle scarred stray is a living being who feels fear, pain, cold, hunger and thirst. No animal deserves to be abandoned to a life of such misery and suffering."
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 21:50:26 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 21:47:27 PM »
That link just wont load for me and I tried bringing back to the paper and got in. But when I tried news it just will not load..........sigh

They must have something that I am blocking.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
PAWS INN APPEAL
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 21:20:14 PM »

Link to CatChat