Author Topic: Hello from me  (Read 1905 times)

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
Re: Hello from me
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2007, 08:24:32 AM »
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I also know how it feels...I lost my first ever cat on 28th Feb aged 12. I took him to be cremated (luckily we have a place nearby) and said goodbye. I bought Georgie home and he sits by the side of my bed now. I felt a lot calmer once he was home again with me and hopefully you will take comfort from the fact that he is home now.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
Oh Louise.  Am so sorry, sweetheart.   :hug:  Don't think there are many people on here who don't know exactly what you're going through, or at least who have a very good idea of how it feels and how hard it is to deal with.  I think the scrapbook's a good idea too.     :hug: to Honey too, 'cos she'll be wondering what's going on.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2007, 09:50:14 AM »
I am so sorry - I have to agree with the others. My first cat was killed in an RTA by a heartless thug who just drove off and left him, one of the neighbours found him in his hedge and brought him home to me. I buried him in the garden and my other cat spent weeks sitting on his grave - it was heartbreaking and I cried for days and couldn't talk about him for ages without welling up. I didn't get another cat for several months and it was too long as Bronte found it very hard to accept them. You are not replacing him by getting another cat but getting a companion for your other cat and when you have your newbie it will help you. I think the scrapbook is a great idea. :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 14:34:41 PM »
Hi,Pawprints i am new here too,but it helps to talk and share your memories with people who understand how you feel,i wish i knewabout this forum when i lost my little DD,just try to think of all the goodtimes you had together and one day when you feel it right for you and honey get anew friend, its true when you get a new cat shortly after loosing your special one makes you feel better because you know you giving all the love and care you have to a little one who needs it . :Luv

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 13:42:05 PM »
 :welcome:
Blackcat is right - I lost my last much loved Sid a couple of months ago and was so miserable.  We had holiday booked so I couldn't get another cat until now but I now have two beautiful little black cats and it is helping so much.  They're a really friendly gang here so I'm sure you will feel a little happier if you just have a chat.  We've all gone through it and understand how you must be feeling :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 12:56:54 PM »
Hello Pawprints and welcome back. I know how it feels. I was in floods for days when one of my kitties passed to the rainbow bridge. I know it sounds like you might be being 'unfaithful to the memory' but I have always found that if I can get another new cat soon it actually helps. They will never be the one you lost, but the whole process of settling a new cat into the home, finding what makes it tick and helping it through those first scary days is a good way of distracting oneself from one's grief. It is not for everybody, but it certainly helps me to deal with a loss. :hug: chin up and we are all here for you if you need to dump. :hug:

Offline pawprints

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 12:17:41 PM »
Hi everyone

All I can say wow.... I tried to reply a day or so ago and couldn't type for crying. The replys have been Lovely. Thank you all so much. :Luv:

I had him back yesterday (he was cremated) & will put him in his fave place.

I feel more calm today, maybe because I have sort of got over the initial shock

but omg do i miss him. I have some funny stories about him and what he used to get up to to share too.

I bought a scrapbook as i have a handful of pictures of him, and will write about some of his antics, so i'll always have something.

I have another cat, Honey. she is so sweet, you only have to look at her and she purrs so loud. She misses him, i can tell. she won't sit where he used to and she is pacing around

alot. she keeps checking in the garage, as he had a cubby hole in there.

Thank you again...this place is wonderful & the cat pics everyone has are adorable. :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 18:32:58 PM »
Hi Louise and welcome to Purrs. Feel free to pour out your heart here, we all seem to have something to say to cheer you up or help you bear with your sorrow. :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 18:30:55 PM »
Hi Louise and  :welcome: to Purrs,

You're right about this forum ... it is a great place.  We are a very friendly bunch and along with the constant cat chatter we are very good at listening when peeps need to get things of their chest or are feeling a bit down in the dumps.  Sometimes it's easier to talk to friends you have never met  ;)

Take care  :hug:

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 17:38:31 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Louise.  I am sorry you've had a rotten week.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 17:22:20 PM »
 :welcome: to purrs  :Luv:
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 15:16:07 PM »
Good afternoon Louise and a warm   :welcome:  from me too.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 14:56:01 PM »
Hello Louise.  Welcome aboard!   What's been happening - do you want to talk about it?  :hug:

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 12:00:06 PM »
Hi and welcome to purrs. Sorry to hear your week has been so bad but there are plenty of people here with a ready ear.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 11:25:17 AM »
Hi Louise and  :welcome: to Purrs.

As Ruth has already said, if you need a collective ear, we're all here  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 11:24:23 AM »
:hi: Louise!!!

Welcome and if you want to share your week, we're all here with an ear.  :hug:

Offline pawprints

• Kitten
Hello from me
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:42 AM »
Hi everyone,

My names Louise & have had a heartbreaking week.

Just wanted to say hello  :shy:  & what a lovely forum

Link to CatChat