Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 3755 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Hello!
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 08:54:35 AM »
Hi Laney and welcome to Purrs,

oooh Isla looks a bigger version of my latest addition Rossi, with her half and half face:

Beautiful Torties!!! Rossi has a bib like Gerti (see below!)  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 07:36:12 AM »
How are you getting on?
Please spay your cat

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 17:47:04 PM »
welcome Laney she is boooooooootiful. I have a tortie called Sophie she loves her Mummy but can be a moody moo to others lol

looks like Santa sent you an early christmas present lol

good luck with her

Helen
xx

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 23:53:34 PM »
Ah a feet nipper! hee hee i love em  :evillaugh: ;D ;)

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2006, 23:26:54 PM »
Hi Laney! Isla is gorgeous, but then I've a soft spot for torties, as you can see by Nellie who just wanted to say hello to Isla!!!  :Hello:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Laney

• Kitten
  • Isla
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2006, 21:08:27 PM »
Have you got a vet to check her over? You might also want to consider worming her depending on what the vet says.

I haven't taken her to the vets yet.  Obviously having three children draining all my finances, Christmas was the worst time of the year for a cat to turn up on our doorstep.  Not something I was planning!  I've wormed her though.  I'll be getting her booked in for neuturing in January if no kittens have appeared so she'll need checking out before the op anyway.

She's getting more settled here by the day, but is now so comfortable that she's taken to attacking our feet on the stairs when we go to bed in a little game.  Naughty girl!  She's getting very kitten like.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2006, 10:09:06 AM »
Have you got a vet to check her over? You might also want to consider worming her depending on what the vet says.
Please spay your cat

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006, 11:29:40 AM »
Hi Laney
Welcome to Purrrs.  Isla is beautiful and obviously very clever, as she found herself the perfect family and home.
My tortie porker Pepper also says a special Hello to her.  Are you sure she's pregnant?  I was asked a few days ago when Pepper's kittens were due and  :-[ I had to say, sorry no kittens.  She's just fat.

Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline Laney

• Kitten
  • Isla
    • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 21:35:22 PM »
Hiya Laney - Isla's beautiful.

If you need any info or advice or just lots of people to make friendly and sympathetic noises if Isla DOES turn out to be preggers, the "Cat Health & Behaviour" forum has supported an awful lot of people playing feline midwife over the months  :)

Oooh also in a 'just in case' sort of way, make sure she's always got access to food as if she is pregnant she'll need it, as much as she will eat, and keep a rough eye on how much she's eating cos that'll be a clue  ;D

Thanks!

Her possible impending pregnancy was the main reason I joined up.  I used to be a vet nurse and even since I left that profession I've assisted a few friends cats and dogs through labour, but I've no idea about the aftercare as I've never actually had kittens in my house before.  It should be a fun ride.  I knew you guys would be a great help.

She's eating little and often and way more than a 'normal' cat, I'd say shes asking for food five/six times a day(I'm not always giving it to her though as sometimes it's only an hour since the last lot! Piglet!).  I vary between giving her wet food & biscuits, and I've been giving her scraps of fish and chicken from our cooking(all our animals get scraps, I don't like to waste!).  I've not seen her drink any water or milk in the house, but she's been drinking the rain water outside.

Rossi is lovely!  That half-face makes me think of the phantom of the opera.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 20:38:36 PM »
Hi Laney and welcome to Purrs,

oooh Isla looks a bigger version of my latest addition Rossi, with her half and half face:

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 20:33:38 PM »
Hiya Laney - Isla's beautiful.

If you need any info or advice or just lots of people to make friendly and sympathetic noises if Isla DOES turn out to be preggers, the "Cat Health & Behaviour" forum has supported an awful lot of people playing feline midwife over the months  :)

Oooh also in a 'just in case' sort of way, make sure she's always got access to food as if she is pregnant she'll need it, as much as she will eat, and keep a rough eye on how much she's eating cos that'll be a clue  ;D
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 20:06:26 PM »
Isla is fabulous and you maybe right about prospective kittens  ;D

Offline Laney

• Kitten
  • Isla
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 18:52:18 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

We've called her Isla, as it was the only name on the shortlist that Isobel could say.  We think she may be pregnant already, so we'll be having her spayed after Christmas if no kittens appear.  She's put on stacks of weight this week, and as you can see in the bottom picture taken today has a pretty unhealthy looking beer belly all of a sudden!  I guess we'll have to wait and see. :)

Taken the day she adopted us

Taken today

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 17:57:14 PM »
Hi Laney warm welcome to Purrs  :welcome 2:

Love to hear more about her. What's her name, did she settle in ok? Oooo and pics too love to see pics  ;D

Hope ya enjoy Purrs. There are lots of friendly lovely peeps on here. If ya need any help with anything just holla.  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 17:35:20 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Lovely to have you join us and we will wanna see pictures of your beautiful feline, whats her name and are you gonna get her neutered?

Offline Laney

• Kitten
  • Isla
    • My Blog
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 17:25:07 PM »
Hello, I'm a newbie. ;D

I've come here as I've just taken in a stray tortoiseshell queen, my first cat since leaving home.  My Mum has always had ginger toms, so this is a new thing for me.  Those of you with the two coat types will know how different their personalities are!  We've had her since 13th November and have been trying to find her 'other' home, but it's looking like her home is now with us(which we're obviously pleased about). 

I've got three children, Ryan my stepson is nearly 13, he moved in with us about a year ago.  I also have my son Taylor age 7 and my daughter Isobel age 2.5.  My Partner Pete isn't an animal lover but he puts up with it! :evillaugh:  We live in Essex in the UK.

I'm looking forward to chatting to you all.

Link to CatChat