Author Topic: lucifers inappropriate soiling  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: lucifers inappropriate soiling
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 01:41:43 AM »
I think he is just jealous and telling you so in no uncertain terms  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 21:15:23 PM »
maybe the extra  (and more normal) noise scared him? hes probably never heard the conventional snore before  :shify: :rofl:

more likely the extra body taking up space usually occupied by himself!!

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 21:04:10 PM »
 ;D well im not a nun!  :evillaugh:
in all serious  not that often (im not that lucky!!  :evillaugh:  ;) )

I think it must be because your pal was staying also, i'd try the good old feliway next time and see if that helps.

hmm i was hoping it wouldnt be! its just weird as lucifer does seem to genuinly like him, and this guy is lovely with lucifer. ooo well ill try the feliway

Oh dear .... it does sound territorial.  I'm assuming Lucifer was able to get to his tray OK and there was nothing frightening him .... your friend hadn't left a bag at the bottom of the stairs or a strange pair of shoes somewhere.  I know it sounds silly but

not at all- lucifer had a fairly major freak out about a bush the other day... and a lamp post before that... and once about a rubber ball. one of about 40 identical ones hes had for months. suddenly the green one is evil...  :stupid:

yep, tray clean and where it normally is. his top of the stairs accident was about a foot and a half from his tray, and nothing unusual anywhere. but i have a fairly distinctive snore (and hum and whistle and bark  etc) and the boy snores fairly loudly too so maybe the extra  (and more normal) noise scared him? hes probably never heard the conventional snore before  :shify: :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 20:05:41 PM »
is this likely to happen with all males that sleep over, or just the ones that sleep next to me?

How many are you planning  :-:  some would call that lucky  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

Glad you mentioned that Lynn ... I didn't like to say anything.  But I did have an image of revolving doors in the bedroom!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

(Just joking Snarf xxx)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 18:45:57 PM »
is this likely to happen with all males that sleep over, or just the ones that sleep next to me?

How many are you planning  :-:  some would call that lucky  :sneaky: :evillaugh:

I think it must be because your pal was staying also, i'd try the good old feliway next time and see if that helps.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 17:33:12 PM »
Simple solution will clean it up fine  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 13:47:11 PM »
Oh dear .... it does sound territorial.  I'm assuming Lucifer was able to get to his tray OK and there was nothing frightening him .... your friend hadn't left a bag at the bottom of the stairs or a strange pair of shoes somewhere.  I know it sounds silly but one of my friends recently came round to my house and left a "holdall" in the corner of the room ... for some strange reason Rossi nearly wet herself ... she wouldn't go near the bag, was completely terrified of it and leapt about 10 foot inthe air when I tried to pick her up and show her it was OK.  I'm fairly sure if the bag had been anywhere near her litter tray she would have burst her bladder rather than go near it.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
lucifers inappropriate soiling
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 08:16:04 AM »
never thought id have to start this topic!
today i have known my beautiful lucifer for 6 months. in those 6 months hes always used his litter tray
today is also the day i woke up to 2 piles of pooh (one with wee just for variety  :doh: ) one at the top of the stairs, one in front of the front door- thats strikes me immediately as a territorial thing

last nite i had a friend  :shify: stay over, hes allergic to cats but plays  with lucifer and lucifers always liked him- but normally he doesnt sleep here, i sleep at his.
lucifer wasnt kept out of the bedroom and there was nothing untoward going on but the only difference between last nite and any other is my friend but i dont see why that could upset lucifer?
lucifer even woke us up climbing all over us and purrring.

is this likely to happen with all males that sleep over, or just the ones that sleep next to me? or just this particular one? hes been fine with female friends. i dont want him to feel threatened in his own home.

also how do i go about getting pooh out of carpets? i know simple solution for wee and ive cleaned the carpet but i want to make sure it doesnt smell to him.

any views/opinions appreciated!

Link to CatChat