Author Topic: DA BIRD IS NO MORE  (Read 1272 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: DA BIRD IS NO MORE
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 12:39:47 PM »
Yes def need to mention the serious bit Susanne hun , the da bird wand is a popular toy (and so good that the babes tend to hunt it out when your not looking) but as with all fishing rod toys or string like items ya def need to put it away safely where little paws can't get to it. It's so easy to leave it down in the middle of play and the phone goes or something to distract you and that could be all they need to eat the string. 

We have replacement feathers and accessories in stock now and you can see them and the prices on this thread http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=6200.msg108078#msg108078The next lot of Da bird wand will be in stock in around 7 days.

Not only have we imported the da bird from USA cause ya can't get it in UK but i have also ordered other toys only sold in USA and they will be arriving 7 days too:-

A Turbo scratcher and a star Chaser. These are interactive toys that they can play with on their own.
You can see the turbo scratcher in action here and the star chaser is the same but has a lighted ball.  ;D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPBSAifv6Ao

« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 16:19:15 PM by Tan »

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
You'll have to get a replacement!

On a serious note - I'll remind everyone of how dangerous it can be for da bird (or similar) to be left unattended where the cats can get at them.  For those that don't know (there is a thread in health and behaviour) I left mine lying on the floor briefly while I went into another room and Mosi found it, chewed through the string and swallowed some of it.  He had to have an emergency operation at the vets on friday to search for any string inside of him.  Swallowing string can be fatal.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 22:40:56 PM »
 :evillaugh: there was onw little feather left and i thought ohhhhhhh let her have it

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 22:40:04 PM »
'GIGGLES'

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 22:27:17 PM »
You can get spare birdy bits from Tan  ;D

Well Miss Mango you musta had fun and be brutal cos even Sasa cant pull them apart  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 22:26:17 PM »
Moral of the story - keep it in a locked cupboard, that's where mine is  :evillaugh:  All is not lost though, Tan has the replacement feathers and also other attachments such as da Mouse, da Puff and da Sparkly  :wow:

It's a good sign that Mango felt up to da Bird destruction  :)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
DA BIRD IS NO MORE
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 22:23:17 PM »
 i have been having a little play wi luna while mango is resting but i left the cupbord open and mango got in and............... pulled it to bits  :shy:

oh well there goes anouther toy 

Link to CatChat