Author Topic: hello from Lincoln  (Read 2280 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: hello from Lincoln
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2007, 16:40:12 PM »
Hiya Matt :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline MattJG

• Adult Cat
    • LincsTorque.com
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2007, 16:37:48 PM »
thanks for all the new welcomes. :)

im from just outside Lincoln it's self. Lakeside Park or better nown as Birchwood.

got my 2 bundles of truble booked in at Park View Veterinary Hospital. parkviewvethospital.co.uk
there first 2 injections will cost £48 EACH. im gonna take out a PetPlan for the 2 of them. not sure if they'll cover there first injections and spading.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2007, 16:18:29 PM »
Hi Matt

I grew up not too far from Lincoln. Oooh yes, I am a proper yella belly!!

Hope you like it here! Your kittys are cute!!

S xxx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2007, 12:48:30 PM »
Hi Matt and  :welcome: to Purrs, this is a lovely place to chat and make friends.

Which direction are you 30 miles from Lincoln? I ive 36 miles from Lincoln but all my family live in Lincoln.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 20:08:51 PM »
Hi & welcome, i have a little furbabe called Cleo too, she has two brothers - Jet and Ralphie!!

Yous kittys are gorgeous
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline furballmom

• Senior Cat
  • Gimlee and Phoenix
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 10:51:50 AM »
how adorable they are just gorgeous I'm new here to but i must warn you as I'm finding this place is addictive. hope to see more picture soon
Helen

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »
Hi Matt &  :welcome: to Purrs

Cleo and Roxy are just too cute  :)  Loving your kitten size chart - ingenious  :evillaugh:

Offline MattJG

• Adult Cat
    • LincsTorque.com
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 22:49:20 PM »
thanks for the welcomes. :)

i used to be owned by 4 cats when i was married. unfortunately my other half got custody of them when we got divorced. we had all of them from kittens, but its been a long time since ive had to deal with them.

i looked after a friends kitten while she was moving house and i liked having him around so much that i mentioned to another friend that i wouldn't of minded a cupple of kittens again. with that she went out of found two.

i wasn't sure about the collar thing. i just wanted them to get used to them. they dont seem bothered by them in the slightest but after your comments i think i'll remove them for now.

and as you can guess, the names didnt come from the lads on the autoforum. if they had they would of ended up Cooking and Fat. :(

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 21:11:35 PM »
Hi Matt and welcome! Your two babies are gorgeous!  Definitely little foxy girls  :Luv:

I noticed both your little ones are wearing collars. You may find other members will add advice to this too, especially if you're a first time dad to kittens, generally 6 months is the best age to let them wear collars. Right now they're a bit teeny and may get them caught in the strangest places and hurt themselves.

However, having said that, they are fabulous girls. And I love the idea of getting the autoforum to name them. The names are very tame! And appropriate  ;)

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 20:58:13 PM »
Hello Matt, Cleo & Roxy,

You have just made me the second newest member, so I am not in much of a position to welcome you but I can say hello!  The kittens are gorgeous - are they your first cats or have you been owned by cats before?

I look forward to seeing more pictures!

Lucy

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 19:42:08 PM »
Hi Matt and welcome.
Your new additions are gorgeous. Looking forward to hearing more about you all.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »
Hi Matt, Cleo and Roxy and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your little girls are adorable :Luv: :Luv:

You have definitely come to the right place if you have kitty questions .... you'll get all the answers on here (more so than your auto forum  :rofl: ).

There is a very comprehensive health section with lots of good advice and useful links but feel free to ask any questions and we will  do our best to help you.

One rule of the forum ... we love pics (especially kitten pics) so please keep us stocked up with regular updates on your furbabes  ;)

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 12:47:49 PM »
Hi Matt and  :welcome: to purrs, you have two gorgeous little furbabes there. And I love their names. You will find we also have a few motorsport fans here as well, so you will be in good company  :rofl:

Offline MattJG

• Adult Cat
    • LincsTorque.com
hello from Lincoln
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 12:43:58 PM »
hello there. My names Matt, im 30 from Lincoln,Lincolnshire.

a friend found me these two sisters at just 8weeks old, now 10 weeks old and called Cleo and Roxy.

bit of a last minute thing, pick them up two weeks ago and they've grown so much already.  :)

i have so many questions i need answering, but all in good time.

these first pics are from two weeks ago when i posted a thread on my local auto forum asking for help with names.

here 3 days later with there names.

yesturday i printed off some 1" squares on 3 sheets of A4. stuck them together and wha-lar. kitten size chart.

i reckon Cleo is about 13" long and 7" to 8" tall. Roxy i guess is about 12" to 13" long and about 7" to 8" tall. Roxy does look a little smaller when there playing, but only just.

Cleo

Roxy

Link to CatChat