Author Topic: Kittens with kittens  (Read 3507 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Kittens with kittens
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 16:31:07 PM »
Garfy said to tell Harry that there are fishies here too and you can watch them eating and swimming about. There are some in the garden in this big hole or there are some small ones in the lounge so even if it’s raining we can still watch fishies  ;D ;D ;D  He said that he is a big purrer too so maybe they can purr together and make sweet purr music ha ha ha
He also said to watch out for Gizzy cause he don’t like kittens riding on his back much but he does tolerate quite a lot of stuff and you can get a ginge beard from the hair from Gizzys tail  :-: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 15:08:30 PM »
Ya know i never had Gingies before me Och & Wasser but i am mad on them now  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

I just gotta stop me Hubby renaming him Ginge but with an M in front instead cause he has wanted to call Gizz and Garf that for a larf.  :-: :innocent:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 15:06:06 PM »
Ooooo tell him i coming soon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  Have a Garfy lad waiting to play hide and seek in the garden with him. Have built them a cardboard box tunnels and hideouts, Just hope it doesn't rain  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't wait Les  :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :ahh:

We will leave about 10 - half 10 so should be with ya about half 11ish depending on how lost the sat nav gets us  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So little Harry lad will go into the introduction bedroom until he is comfy with new smells etc and will gradually be introduced to Gizzy me two yr old but do you think he can meet Garfy lad earlier or best to do it at same time.?

I used to introducing a youngling to one adult cat  but whats best way to do youngling to younling and adult?  One at a time???

If Garfy meets Harry 1st and gets used to each other will Garfy smell of Harry so Gizzy might act differently to Garf? Not that Gizzy plays with him alot now though.  :innocent:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 15:01:56 PM »
Harry is beautiful  :Luv:

Have you a ginger fetish?  :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 14:09:59 PM »
 :cheer: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss:

another Ginge! :yesss:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 14:02:43 PM »
See, it's lucky I keep it with these threads, I was expecting you at 11.30  ;D ;D ;D, I'll have to tidy up quicker now,  :rofl: :rofl:

PM me your address etc, Tan hun and I can get all the paperwork ready for the BIG day.

Harry is getting keen to come to you now, he runs out of the lounge door whenever he gets the chance and he is at my bedroom door every morning when I wake up.  I think he comes to ask me when his new meowmy is coming for him.  :Luv:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 14:10:14 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 13:23:31 PM »
Gosh how long does Thursday take to come  :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: :yayyy: We going to collect Harry lad at 10 and should be back about 2pm.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2007, 01:46:04 AM »
Harry looks great...................you  :sneaky: thing you  :rofl: :rofl:

Ummmmm loosing weight with all that running around, well npw you have two minor gingers to play hide an seek with  :rofl: :rofl:

Another kitten safely homed  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2007, 23:28:31 PM »
Thanks  ;D :Luv:

Helen I am absolutely mad on Gingies  ;D ;D ;D hee hee  :rofl:

Yes it was so wiered DD, i was worried about Jenny's little lad and today it just really worked out for all of us  ;D

I hope Gizzy takes to Harry the same easy way he did to Garf.   :luck: I think Garf will want to play with him the moment Harry is out of the introduction room lol  :rofl: :rofl: I just too big to run under all the bushes like Garf can to play hide & chase :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2007, 23:23:51 PM »
Tan, that's fab news, I'm really pleased that Garfy is going to have a new playmate and Harry looks adoreable  :Luv:  :Luv:  I'm pleased the other little lad is being rehomed with his brother, I always think it's a shame to split them up especially when they've bonded.  Harry sounds just the ticket and it sounds to me as if fate is giving a helping hand  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2007, 23:18:29 PM »
 :1st place: Harry, you just got yourself the best Mum in the whole wide world (and Dad, big brother and little brother too  ;D)

How exciting, another kitty and a ginger one at that  :wow:  Am so pleased for you  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2007, 22:05:58 PM »
Hee hee Ruthy cause i  :sneaky: i am like our Gill  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Garf is absolutley wearing me out lol.  :tired: He eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's while running all over the garden and i gotta chase him then hide so down on me knees all coopied up and he creeps up and scares me.  :rofl:  I have lost weight just running like a mad thing round the garden with him. Gizzy is just to grown up to play those games so muggins ere does it.  :-: ( i love it really  :evillaugh:) but sometimes i really got to get work done and get on with the Purrs shop so roll on adorable Harry darlin come play chase in the garden with a mad Garfy lad  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ya gunna have to wait until my winnings are posted  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You will, of course, be welcome to visit in the mean time ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Will i have to call ya Marm hun  ;) :rofl:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 21:40:20 PM »
Oi Missus!! How comes I missed this?  >:(

I'm so happy, Harry is gorgeous!  Oo the Tannibal household just got bigger  :-:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2007, 21:33:37 PM »
ya gunna have to wait until my winnings are posted  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: You will, of course, be welcome to visit in the mean time ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2007, 21:31:15 PM »
lol T they would be pretty cheap to post. Wonder if there is a stock service for little darlins?  ;) :rofl:

Think we shou;d be ok with 3 here. Have had 3 before and now i am much wiser with knowing ya need at least 3 of everything plus one for luck. Going to be doing more to the house inside so they have more stuff to climb and hide. Have just made them a cardboard box maze with 6 boxes and i try to do something diff every day in the garden. I hope they will all be happy and hopefully in a few years we will bw able to move to a much better area for them :)
In my dreams  we will be moving to a 5 acre land with woodland in the middle all cat proofed with a 5 bed house so the cats can have 2 indoor activity rooms to themselves and i would have all high walkways gping through every room  ;D ;D I just have to win the lottery jackpot so not too hard  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2007, 20:53:01 PM »
yes, he definitely has that 'in your face' look of total confidence that Smidgen has, so looks like he may be your lad. How big is your house again??!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2007, 20:51:58 PM »
Harry sounds just Purrr fect. :)

Well Done on taking another needy little one. :Luv:

Pushkin is 611grams
Eugenie is 510grams  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2007, 20:50:21 PM »
wow Tan thats great - i thnk things like this that happen are fate. Def think that Harry was meant to be with you.

You are a great meowmy andhe will love you x

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 20:41:40 PM »
Hmm  T can ya weigh them for me and i will find out lol  ;)  :rofl: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: I can just see Steve's face when a wonderful delivery of 6 adorable gifts arrive  :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

yes the little one's at Jennys are bonded and me and Jen have just talked about it and they are going to go to a home together when it's found which is the best thing for the little darlins.  They were part of a litter of three and one bro has already been homed leaving the two brothers. I felt so sorry for him on his own when he came here, so did Jenny, he def wasn;t happy so he will be homed with his bro now.  :) :) :)

Ya know it has to purely fate and meant to be i think cause the wonderful Les emailed today about a little one on his own brought in to her 2 days ago. She and her OH were so taken with him that they were going to have him as part of thier family.  His name is Harry and he is 15 weeks old and so gorgeous. He sounds the splitting image in personality to Garf and is the same age. So Les emailed me tonight about him and .................. He's  Ginge yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well i can say i am jumping in me boots (actually have no shoes on  :-:) i am so excited and will be going up to Les's this week to collect him  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Les says that he came in to her from an elderly couple who said he was too boustrous so gave him up !!!!  :innocent:  He has a wonderful personality and slept with them the 1st two night then with the the other babes since. Les think there will be no trouble and Garf sounds perfect for him.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Here is little Harry  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 19:18:40 PM »
Tan you are a wonderful loving and caring cat meowmy,but I must ask why these 2 kittens that are with Jenny need to be split, are they not bonded?
There is a huge amount of excellent information in books but sometimes I think it can be a little too much,a little too clinical and a little too black and white.
Go with your gut feeling and with your heart; in this instance you know better than the books.

ok now how much would first class post be to post a dozen kittens  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2007, 23:05:31 PM »
I'd be inclined to do a 'return match' and take Garfy over the the other baby's house.  :sneaky: That way, you'd see the other little 'un on his own turf and maybe he wouldn't be so nervous?  ;D

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2007, 22:58:07 PM »
lol hard this ain't it.  :rofl:

Oh T hun i sooooooooooo wish i was closer than a 6 hour one way trip cause i would have been over to Paws in yesterday and every day to help ya. In fact you  wouldn;t be able to get rid of me  :rofl:  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

See i not sure about something and i wonder what ya all think. Jenny (charlie bear on here)  who lives round the corner has two little lads and mum fostering for cat proection. They are 10 weeks old but the little short haired lad is actually the same size as me Garfy who is 14 weeks (15 on Tuesday) now i heard that it the size and personality that really matters trying to find a good match so if little newbie is same size as Garf now but month younger will that cause trouble in ranks when they mature of age ? (Esp as these two will be indoor / garden only.) I have always had lads as i also was advised that girl and boys mature differently and can grow apart when they get older so it best to have same sex? Whatcha think?

Now this little laddy at Jenny's popped over for a visit today (with Jenny cause he didn't know where i lived  :-: ) to see if little Garf would get on with him without Gizzy about. They both hissed and little lad was pretty scared and just hid mainly for about 2 hours  . He hissed at me when i picked him up but is absolulety fine with Jenny. Garf was very very interested and i know is a bit desparate for a playpal as Gizzy is not playing with him at all now. I am worried  as i am Garf's only playpal that he is becoming dependant on me which ain't healthly so that's why i thinking of a pal for him.

With all me little ones, they have been very curious and not hidden but playful when they 1st arrive so is little lad a timid fella or would it of been just new surroundings.  I am worried to adopt little lad if he is timid with two lads that are definately not! Jen says he isn't timid at her house and more cuddly than playful. He is three of a litter from a young mum who were given to CP when the kittens were 5 weeks old and has been at Jenny's since. The mum is wonderful and Jenny is adopting her.  So little lad has had a good upbringing with his mum like Garf had.

I don;t wanna make the wrong chioce with personality and have three babes "putting up" with each other esp as not allowed in big outside world. See i not sure that if i choose a confident lad that there won;t be trouble later for rank satus when they get old or if i adopt a quiter lad that he will get picked on and be scared all the time.

Oooo this ain't easy ya know lol  what do ya all think?

« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 23:23:14 PM by Tan »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2007, 22:40:28 PM »
Oh my Tan what are you up to  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2007, 20:47:30 PM »
You can have my alien  :evillaugh:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2007, 20:37:54 PM »
My opinion
You need to visit Paws Inn where not only will all your questions be answered; you will also be receive at least a dozen carefully selected kittens  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2007, 19:41:34 PM »
Me thinks you need a little girlie to sort em out  :evillaugh:

Sounds great to me  :ok:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2007, 19:39:06 PM »
I think confidence is a good thing in any cat, but perhaps more of a 'quiet achiever' rather than a flamboyant character?? My Bob cat ruled the house and the neighbourhood without ever, as far as I know, hissing, growling or fighting with anyone. He just 'was' and they submitted. Something like that might be the best approach.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2007, 19:30:28 PM »
No little one yet but thinking.  Garf is now 14 weeks old and very playful, outgoing, confident, loving a really wonderful lad so would need a personality to match. or is it best as they will be indoor / garden only to have a diff personality bearing in mind both Garf and Gizz are confident cats. Whatcha think?

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2007, 19:10:21 PM »
I've managed it quite successfully. Plenty of toys as distractions is a good idea...

But I also want to know! Tan, what's going on..? You're getting broody again, aren't you?  :shify: :sneaky:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2007, 19:04:24 PM »
At that age they tend to do it quickly, bit of hissing and then they forget about it  ;D

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 16:48:39 PM »
That sounds a very sensible approach. Come on Tan, who's the new kittie???

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 15:40:38 PM »
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 15:45:00 PM by Tan »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 15:14:38 PM »
Have never done it, but expect it is much the same as with adult animals. Set them down near each other, and unless there is a bloodbath don't intervene too much.

I have always been of the view that animals should be left to sort things out for themselves to a reasonable extent as human intervention sets up rivalries and jealousies. Apart from over-anxious dogs who want to get in there and terrify the kitten, or excessively aggressive responses, it generally sorts itself out quicker if you don't make too much fuss. They sense the tension and respond to it in their own way.

It works for me - as you can see from other posts, Esther, Shadow and Smidgen get along just fine (though saying that there appears to be some fairly vigourous 'play' going on around the tent at present. :rofl: :rofl:

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 15:05:50 PM »
Are you trying to tell us something Tan?  :sneaky:

You beat me to it Helen lol.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 15:06:25 PM by ccmacey »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 15:05:44 PM »
Don't know I'm afraid Tan but is there something you'd like to tell us?  :sneaky:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Kittens with kittens
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 15:00:52 PM »
I've seen great advice on introducing kittens and adults to an adult resident cat and have experience one easy, one not so easy of that but what's it like introducing a kitten with a kitten both under 4 months old?

Di they tend to get on cause they are young enough? How do you wonderful rescues do it?

Link to CatChat