Author Topic: Venture Park Animal Farm - Open Day - Nr Mattishall, Norfolk  (Read 12279 times)

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
Re: Venture Park Animal Farm - Open Day - Nr Mattishall, Norfolk
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 22:40:07 PM »
Thats why i couldnt volunteer there any longer as are cat population would of gone up and up and up  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 22:38:36 PM »
She was a bit hissy when we went there but was playing with a little cat called babs and thought it was cute and then my gf was stroking her and she started to purr then my gf fell in love with her and now shes ours lol

Its nice too find someone else on here whos cat came from the same place, Ginny looks alot younger than she is thats for sure!

Only got the 2 kittens on thursday (tiggy + pippin) and kitty is gettin ok with them she plays with tiggy (the darker one) but pippin hisses at her lol

I think they do so well with having all the fiv cats aswell i would of loved to give one of them a home but they have to be indoor cats & i dont think i would of been able to keep one in.

I went to venture farm on a spure of the moment thing my gfs little ginger cat socks had been poisened a year before and she said she wouldnt get another but then one sunday she decided she wanted another one so the monday her mum took her to venture farm they spent 2 and a half hours there and then carol bought kitty round on the wednesday.

She has done so well as wen we first got her she was quite nervous and you could only stroke her head but now she loves a fuss.

Ill stop rambling now  :rofl:

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 22:03:47 PM »
She certainly wanted to be part of any action that was going on when we visited - she was a bit 'hissy' towards the other older cats and were advised not to consider her (as we've got 2 older males already you see) - plus that we had had to say goodbye to our lady Suki and she had very similar markings (they always say you should try to not replace the cat by looking
the same).

Your two little kittens look adorable  - I know my husband would love to have a pair of kittens - but we rent and think we're doing quite well in being allowed to have 3 cats! 

Ginny is a 14 year old who acts like a kitten - she's quite tiny to so looks like a young cat - but we've been assured she is 14.

I'd find it so hard to volunteer at a place like that as I'd want to give all the cats a home!

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 21:31:27 PM »
Kitty is only one years old but acts like a lil baby  :rofl:

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 21:30:07 PM »
She chose my gf lol my gf wanted to give tiggy a home (huge ginger and white one) but he has epilepsy so isnt up for rehoming
She was but i now have 2 11 week old kittens

I voluntered at venture farm for a little while.

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 20:56:48 PM »
Tez,

We can remember her when we went there looking for a cat that needed a home - is she the only cat in the household out of interest?

We chose a cat called Ginny - well she chose us! - she certainly doesnt act like you'd think a 14 year old female would - she's certainly put her brothers in their places  ;D

Offline tez2384

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 00:03:08 AM »
I got kitty from venture farm!
I didnt go to there open day as couldnt get there but would of loved too

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 16:00:52 PM »
From Ventures website :

OPEN DAY THANK YOU

A big thank you to everyone who came along to support us at our Open Day on Sunday. Once again we were blessed with a dry day which makes a huge difference.

Our final total amounted to £1399.45 which we are really pleased with!

It was good to catch up with many of our regular supporters, but also to see many new faces - we hope you all enjoyed the day.

They had 4 cats re-homed on the day of the Open Day and they've got people coming back for a 2nd look at 3 cats - so 7 cats should have homes soon  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 16:05:03 PM »
Shame its so far away from me, would have loved to go and some furbabes!

Hope the day goes well  ;D

Believe me my husband and I are going to have to be very restrained ourselves, as unless we win the lotto before then we cant add to our cat family just yet (as we rent and 3 cats is our limit).

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 13:16:58 PM »
Shame its so far away from me, would have loved to go and some furbabes!

Hope the day goes well  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Venture Park Animal Farm - Open Day - Nr Mattishall, Norfolk
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 12:19:44 PM »
Is anyone interested in re-homing a cat ... or even better cats?

Venture Park Animal Farm is holding an open day which is the perfect opportunity to see the cats they have.

We re-homed a cat from them just over a month ago now (to bring us back up to a 3 cat family) and we couldn't be happier with our little Ginny.

:welcome:MEET THE ANIMALS OPEN DAY

We are holding an Open Day at the farm on Sunday 16 September, between 11am and 3pm.

There will be lots of stalls and games, refreshments and a chance to meet and feed our animals, including Barnaby the donkey, Matilda the cow, the sheep, and of course the cats!

Entry is free and all funds raised will be used to look after the animals in our care.

Look forward to seeing you.

Venture Farm Animal Trust
Thuxton Road
Mattishall
Norfolk NR20 3LB

Tel: 01362 858790.

(I havent posted the link to their website, as I wasnt sure if that was allowed - if it is please let me know!)

Link to CatChat