Author Topic: i didnt know it would be that hard!!  (Read 1942 times)

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
Re: i didnt know it would be that hard!!
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 11:09:05 AM »
Carina, I'm sure little Boots will be fine, I'm sure you felt confident and happy with the new owners, so you know that she'll be well loved and looked after  :Luv:

i need to get her spayed to stop this happening again! because although it has been lovely having the kittens i wouldnt want another accident happening...need to ask the vet how much it will cost to get her done...cant be too much?? before i didnt get it done because i was nieve and thought "shes a house cat, she wont need spaying" BOY WAS I WRONG! lol the little minx escaped out the house once im sure she can do it again lol

That's what happened with Fergus and Polly's mum, she escaped and had a night on the town with the local Romeo!!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 10:08:36 AM »
hiya, thanks for your advice!!   i wouldnt feel right using charity money on my cat....i bought her so i should pay for everything she needs...its only fair. im sure i can find the money to get her done. its

Cats Protection would rather give a voucher to ensure a cat is 'done' at the right time. If you have a problem please let me know.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Carina

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 23:11:18 PM »
hiya, thanks for your advice!!  :hug: i wouldnt feel right using charity money on my cat....i bought her so i should pay for everything she needs...its only fair. im sure i can find the money to get her done. its a little more than i expected but shes worth it! thanks again

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2007, 23:05:49 PM »
It will depend on the area but expect between £40-£60. Cats protection offer vouchers, its £26 i think for a spay or they can give you a yellow one for full cost. If you have any problems PM Ela

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 23:00:49 PM »
It's always hard. I was breeding siamese and orientals at one stage. After two litters, when I had 8 cats in the house, I had to stop, as I had accumulated so many from the litters that I just could not bring myself to part with. If you keep them to 12 weeks as you do when you are breeding pedigrees, it is that much harder as their little characters have developed and they are all so cute. ...

Offline Carina

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2007, 22:57:08 PM »
i need to get her spayed to stop this happening again! because although it has been lovely having the kittens i wouldnt want another accident happening...need to ask the vet how much it will cost to get her done...cant be too much?? before i didnt get it done because i was nieve and thought "shes a house cat, she wont need spaying" BOY WAS I WRONG! lol the little minx escaped out the house once im sure she can do it again lol

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2007, 22:30:12 PM »
Are you ok for getting mum sorted out? Cos there is help available if not  ;D

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2007, 15:19:02 PM »
Sorry, should have added that I had two from the same litter so the vet was confident they would do well without their mum as they were so close as a pair.

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 15:12:35 PM »
Ela, Bertie's mum was spayed after problems with the birth and then lost her maternal instinct and kept trying to hurt the kittens, so the vet felt they would be safer in their new homes.  I had to feed Bertie by hand for a week but he seems (reasonably) normal now!!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 15:14:20 PM by berties mum »

Offline Carina

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2007, 12:04:13 PM »
lol yeah she does look stumpy doesnt she. that picture was taken when she was 5 weeks old though so shes changed alot lol

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 11:59:09 AM »
Wow, her legs look short! Bless her.

And I think it's normal to feel a bit sad when you let a kitten go to a new home. If you didn't, it would surely mean you hadn't cared about them.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 11:16:52 AM »
I can imagine it would be really hard to send a kitten off to a new home. My mums cat Toffee had two litters and we kept the kittens from the first litter and 1 from the second but luckily my cousin took the other 3 so we still got to see them.
You've just got to think of all the love Boots will get in his new home. :Luv:

Offline Carina

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 10:57:52 AM »
yeah i was going to keep boots but we decided not to because we have a newborn baby and decided our one cat was enough for the time being. we will get anothr once my daughter is a bit older.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 09:10:30 AM »
The people who I got Bertie from at 6 weeks are regular visitors here

Had Berties Mum passed on or was she ill ? I am sure otherwise you would not have had Bertie until he was at least 8 weeks old.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 09:05:24 AM »
I thought Boots was the one you were keeping?  :-:

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 20:18:20 PM »
Awwww ... could you visit her sometimes?  The people who I got Bertie from at 6 weeks are regular visitors here - he loves seeing his original mummy and daddy and hearing updates on his sisters!

Offline Carina

• Adult Cat
i didnt know it would be that hard!!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 19:50:29 PM »
Im feeling so sad right now. we have just given boots to her new home. they wernt planned and i hadnt realised how close i had got to the kittens. the other 2 are staying with us for another 2 weeks but boots sadly had to leave us today. feel really sad. i didnt realise it was going to be that hard lol  :(  :(  :( At least i know boots has gone to the perfect home. the people are so nice and boots suits them so well

Link to CatChat