Author Topic: "Indoor" cat insurance  (Read 1378 times)

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
Re: "Indoor" cat insurance
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 20:31:32 PM »
I've got an Argos policy for Bella and it's £6,000 per condition and only costs £3.84 per month - I seem to remember that the Silver option wasn't much cheaper?  As a warning, Bertie is an indoor cat but once escaped from the house and rushed straight into the path of a reversing car, resulting in a £3,000 insurance claim. 

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 19:02:49 PM »
Have pm'd you!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 17:46:12 PM »
Iv just looked at what silver covers and its £1000 per condition for 12 months. Thats not very comprehensive, do you mind saying what they are charging you for that?   :shy:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 08:39:24 AM »
In America I believe you can get indoor only policies, but not - as far as I'm aware - over here.  Maybe it will happen one day.

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
"Indoor" cat insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 00:26:44 AM »
Hi all

Just wondering if there is an insurance company out there who understands that not all cat are indoor cats and understands that indoor doesnt mean outdoor!! I rang up Argos pet insurance and asked about this and they didnt understand that Menue didn't go outside! In the end, I took up one of the Silver plans they do.

Its not too expensive, but I thought I should get her covered "just in case" as you never know what could happen.

Sarah xxx
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Link to CatChat