Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2909 times)

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Hi
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 09:58:40 AM »
Hi Furbabies, your furry family sound adorable  :Luv:. I'm looking forward to seeing some piccies!!

This site is great, really addictive. We are all a friendly bunch and love to hear about stories etc that the furry babies get up to, but there is always help and advice when needed too.

Emma x

Offline furbabies

• Adult Cat
  • In better days
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 22:12:04 PM »
:welcome: Furbabies, i've only been on the site a week and i'm well and truly addicted   :rofl:

Lol it's ok jetcleo me and you will obviously be in the same asylum  ;)
 ;)   ;)
 :Crazy:
RIP Ebony, she's a good, she's a good, she's Ebony-zer good girl

Offline furbabies

• Adult Cat
  • In better days
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 22:09:49 PM »
As yet he hasn't had any problems relating to his FIV.....thank god!! My cat (Georgie - he was also a grumps that didn't like anyone except me especially my step children) that I lost in February also has FIV and suffered terribly with ulcers on his eyes so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Louis won't have to go through anything like that. I think Louis will be fine with another cat....he is soooo friendly and settled in immediately with us. How are your curent cats with your children? Did you get the cats after the children....I think sometimes that makes a difference?

Awww really pleased he's not suffering any ill effects, I understand rescue places have lots of problems rehoming cats with FIV so it'd be a a wonderful thing if you could.
So sad what George went through though and must have been heartbreaking for you to go through it too.  :(

We got Ebony (a rescue cat) 2 months before i had our second child and she never accepted the kids just tolerated them with disdain lol.
Unfortunately she became very ill and we had to have her put to sleep as she was beginning to suffer :( I was inconsolable for a few weeks and still miss her.
A few months later we brought Missy home (I realised I needed another cat in my life and that my life was not complete without one) once settled in
she thought my youngest son was fantastic and could be found anywhere he was lol.
She doesn't mind my older children but they're toys are boring, if she does attempt to investigate it's normally they're beds which are quite cosy and they are happy
for her to do that. I often think she's either sleeping on their beds or watching them role play star wars and laughing at them lol.

Merlin we only got about 4 weeks ago and he's fantastic, though if you'd asked me this morning i might have renamed him, as his impatience for me getting his breakfast
ready resulted in him jumping up to my stomach and digging all claws into me - wasn't impressed but still love him. He will sit and play with my youngest and if he gets
over excited my youngest stops play - glares at him til Merlin calms down then resumes play lol

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 22:01:52 PM »
 :welcome: Furbabies, i've only been on the site a week and i'm well and truly addicted   :rofl:
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 22:00:06 PM »
Oh yes I'm a very proud mummy  :Luv:  Foxy and Zephyr are Abyssinian. 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline furbabies

• Adult Cat
  • In better days
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 21:56:32 PM »
Furbabies,

I am owned by 3 furries (Foxy - Female, Zephyr - male and Rossi - Female).  Foxy and Zephyr and 6 years old and Rossi is just over a year old.

You can see pics of my gang on these threads:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=6756.0

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=3890.0

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=2083.0

Oh I love the pics sooooo cute.

Are Foxy and Zephyr a particular breed? Like the close up of Rossi.
What adorable furbabies you must be a very proud mummy?

IT's so cats that they only listen if they think what your saying is worthy of their attention lol so I love the pick of Zephyr
ignoring you lol can sympathise

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 21:52:34 PM »
As yet he hasn't had any problems relating to his FIV.....thank god!! My cat (Georgie - he was also a grumps that didn't like anyone except me especially my step children) that I lost in February also has FIV and suffered terribly with ulcers on his eyes so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Louis won't have to go through anything like that. I think Louis will be fine with another cat....he is soooo friendly and settled in immediately with us. How are your curent cats with your children? Did you get the cats after the children....I think sometimes that makes a difference?

Offline furbabies

• Adult Cat
  • In better days
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 21:46:35 PM »
I could watch cats playing forever!

I have one 8 year old black boy called Louis.....would like more but as we live in a flat with no outside space it's difficult. Louis is FIV+ and we are thinking of rehoming another FIV+ for company as we are out all day at work.

Oh bless him poor little Louis, does he suffer at all with the FIV+?
You'll have to keep me up to date with your decision wether to get company for Louis?
Always a hard descision we tried to get company for our first cat Ebony but she wouldn't accept another one at all,
in fact she barely accepted my kids, my she was grumpy but I loved her to pieces.

Aren't cats fantastic  :evillaugh: :wow:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 21:45:22 PM »
Furbabies,

I am owned by 3 furries (Foxy - Female, Zephyr - male and Rossi - Female).  Foxy and Zephyr are 6 years old and Rossi is just over a year old.

You can see pics of my gang on these threads:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=6756.0

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=3890.0

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=2083.0
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 21:54:52 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 21:36:02 PM »
I could watch cats playing forever!

I have one 8 year old black boy called Louis.....would like more but as we live in a flat with no outside space it's difficult. Louis is FIV+ and we are thinking of rehoming another FIV+ for company as we are out all day at work.

Offline furbabies

• Adult Cat
  • In better days
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 21:27:17 PM »
HI Furbabies and  :welcome: to Purrs

Your furries sound wonderful ... another requirement of this site is pictures ... we love pics to oooh and ahhh over  :rofl:

I'm sure you will have a lovely time on here .. we are a very friendly bunch and this site is full of very good information.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xx

I think they're fantastic but then i'm biast  ;)
Merlin is now happily playing with the freeads paper which is picked up for him every week, he has destroyed it by the under of the week but
creates hours of enjoyment for him and lots of laughs for us, he's even got Missy in on the freeads game lol.

All my pics are kept on the home pc - long story but in short we lost alot of photo's a few years back that were held on a pc used to go
online too and it was really upsettting so we now keep all pics on a pc which is kept offline.
I've got a pic of Merlin on my phone but not too sure if it's possble to transfer it onto here ???? If it is i'm not sure how to do it lol

Please tell me more about you and you your furbabies

Nice to meet you Littlelijah
Thanks you
how many cats do you have?

Look forward to chatting to everyone more and meeting some more cat mad ppl  :wow:

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 21:23:52 PM »
Hi furbabies

Welcome. I've only recently joined the forum and everyone has been really friendly...I'm sure you will find that too.

Look forward to chatting with you.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 21:17:41 PM »
HI Furbabies and  :welcome: to Purrs

Your furries sound wonderful ... another requirement of this site is pictures ... we love pics to oooh and ahhh over  :rofl:

I'm sure you will have a lovely time on here .. we are a very friendly bunch and this site is full of very good information.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xx

Offline furbabies

• Adult Cat
  • In better days
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 21:14:23 PM »
Hi Furbabies, sounds like your babes are a right little handful. It is nice when they get on so well. And better still if one is prepared to sit beside you as it saves arguments over laps (which can get painful when you have a cup of hot tea in your hand  :rofl:). You will have a chance to meet up with all our crazy mobs over the next few days, but, it is a legal requirement that we warn you, this site can be addictive  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Thank you blackcat, nice to meet you, how many furbabies do you have?
Merlin is funny cause on the whole he's very laid back for a kitten or I think so, but evey now and then he remembers he's supposed to be really naughty and silly. lol

I used to almost eat sleep and breath another forum but it didn't take too long to find out it wasn't particularly friendly or welcoming, but i'm hoping to be a new PIOH addict   :Crazy:
 :rofl:
 ;)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 21:05:58 PM »
Hi Furbabies, sounds like your babes are a right little handful. It is nice when they get on so well. And better still if one is prepared to sit beside you as it saves arguments over laps (which can get painful when you have a cup of hot tea in your hand  :rofl:). You will have a chance to meet up with all our crazy mobs over the next few days, but, it is a legal requirement that we warn you, this site can be addictive  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline furbabies

• Adult Cat
  • In better days
Hi
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 20:53:00 PM »
 ;D
I'm furbabies and I have 2 furbabies a tortie moggie called Missy and a classic tabby and white kitten called Merlin
I share these furbabies with my husband and 3 children.
I wanted to re-home a kitten but the rescue homes wouldn't as my youngest isn't even quite 2 yrs old yet.
A big no no with rescue places apparently. Though my little one must be quite unique because he is actually better
with Missy and Merlin than my older children and a few adults actually.
Both the furbabies adore him and go to him first to say hello and spend as much time as possible trying to be close to
him to watch or if possible join in with whatever game he's playing.
Both furbabies are great company and really cuddly, Merlin loves watching tv and grabs any opportunity when all is
peaceful and i'm sitting down to curl up on my lap.
Missy prefers to lay next to as apposed to on me, she's quite laid back but openly admits to playing if you throw her a ball,
she's often found rolling a ball back and forth between her and my little one.
To keep her on side since Merlin arrived i've been letting her have a little extra food so she's a bit podgy at the moment
 :innocent: but it's worked he's been accepted and she actually tries to pretend he doesn't exist when we're watching
but we catch them playing together and they kiss when they meet up.
He'll smack her on the head and she'll just sit an take it til he turns away then she grabs him and floors him lol  :evillaugh:
He seems to enjoy it and she's never nasty with it. Think its her way of sorting him out.

Look forward to meeting you all

Link to CatChat