Author Topic: Need a rant!  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
Re: Need a rant!
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2007, 21:46:57 PM »
I had a bladder infection once. It's  :censored: painful, but at least I knew what was wrong with me.  :innocent: I'm not surprised poor Meesha doesn't want to spend a penny. She must be thinking someone stuck a boiling kettle inside her bits and pieces... :tired:  :-:

I had a wheel chair using pal once. He was rude, paranoid and thought the whole  world was out to destroy him. Not a quality I find attractive in a drinking buddy and he wasn't my friend for long... :shy:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2007, 20:50:27 PM »
when Bob was having an 'episode' he would wait until I was going to the loo, then sit on his tray opposite me in obvious discomfort and squark at me while glaring as if it was my fault (I know, it is always my fault but this was really intense!!)

I have the litter trays in my bathroom too and one of my toms always seems to want to go to the loo "in pairs" with me. I find it highly amusing. :)

Hope Meesha continues to improve and that you work things out (if you want to!) with your friend.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2007, 19:33:45 PM »
You took him to the sanctuary.!!! You are a better person than I am.
Well, he took me - it's been planned for ages, and I'd agreed to accompany him, and I don't break promises.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2007, 17:08:34 PM »
 :tired: better late than never I suppose  :scared: glad Meesha is feeling good about herself,  come on Meesha we need a big wetty from you x
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2007, 16:59:50 PM »
You took him to the sanctuary.!!! You are a better person than I am.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2007, 16:02:43 PM »
Well, Meesha still seems to be doing really small wees ... no more than a teaspoon worth at a time :(  However, she is still absolutely fine in herself and doing all things Meesha!  If I still don't get a nice sized wee out of her before tomorrow it'll be back to the vets.

As for my friend, he only apologised yesterday when we were on our way to the big cat sanctuary.  So as not to spoil the day I told him I didn't want to talk about it now.  I'll be telling him tomorrow just what I think and that he only gets one more chance.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2007, 15:17:24 PM »
Encouraging news about Meesha, at any rate.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2007, 15:03:32 PM »
Sounds like he's one of those people who are very self absorbed and can't see beyond how things affect them.  I'd let him stew in his own juice for a while and if he can't find it in him to apologise to you and realise why he's upset you, then I guess he'll have to cope with having NO friends living nearby!

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2007, 14:44:54 PM »
I'm too soft, me - that's the trouble.

Kinda good news from the vet.  Meesh's sample shows definite inflammation of the bladder, but because she's ok in herself and weeing, albeit a little, the vet said she's fine to go on as normal, apart from taking her antibiotics.  So I've just let her out - talk about the epitome of a happy cat!!  Bless her sweet cotton socks!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2007, 14:23:40 PM »
well I'm guessing that is the end of a beautiful friendship. I would not be putting myself out for him at all. He sounds like a couple of weeks without company will do him the world of good. Might realise just how much you do for him.

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2007, 14:00:04 PM »
Well, I ended up phoning HIM, just to let him know what was going on.  No apology, in fact far from it - he is livid I've ruined HIS weekend!  >:( >:( >:(  Slammed the phone down on me again.

Off to the vet now with Meesha's sample.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2007, 12:28:51 PM »
I am sorry your friend acted like that -
Some people just dont understand that our Furbabies are as important as children !

You stay with Meesha and sod the friend.

Wishing Meesha better soon bless her xxxx

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2007, 11:55:11 AM »
THen he needs to make an effort to make more friends. If you have only one friend you can get a bit unreasonable from time to time (I know, I went through a stage of that), but it is not that hard to make new friends if you are prepared to put the effort in. Sitting at home by yourself and expecting someone else to be there to amuse, entertain and serve you on an at-call basis is not healthy behaviour. If this is post-accident trauma, perhaps he could try approaching the support services to get into some clubs or other activities that can accommodate his challenges...

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2007, 11:47:37 AM »
I hope Meesha is ok - good news that she doing some small wees - come on, Meesha, let's have a nice big wee!!

re your friend - since you said you were going to help push his wheelchair, does that mean he doesn't get out a lot by himself?  When I used a wheelchair and didn't have a car I know how I'd look forward to someone offering to take me somewhere (I did get out a fair bit by myself but was limited in how far I could go as public transport was a non starter).  Maybe he was just so disappointed that you might not be able to make it that he said what he did without thinking.  I'd wait a short while for an apology and if it's not forthcoming, depending on how close friends you are and how much you value the friendship, I'd just have a word and say you're sorry you aren't/weren't sure you could make it but Meesha's health has to come first and that you were upset at his response.  If that doesn't elicit and apology then I would no longer consider him a friend.

If he depended upon me entirely for outings I would have forgiven him immediately, as I understand how frustrating it is to have to rely on someone else to get out and about.  However, he is long past that stage (disability is the result of a motorcycle accident), has his own (adapted) car and can drive, and has a wheelchair that has a detachable motorised off-road unit, which he can put in the car himself.  He can also walk short distances.  There is no real reason why he can't go on his own if he puts his mind to it, except that the drive is a long one so we had planned to share driving.  So his only 'excuse' would apply to any friend, disabled or not.  It just makes it a bit easier for him if I'm around to help.  I should also add that I am his ONLY friend living nearby, and the person who does most of any care he requires (housework and the like) - hence his dependency.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 11:01:17 AM »
I hope Meesha is ok - good news that she doing some small wees - come on, Meesha, let's have a nice big wee!!

re your friend - since you said you were going to help push his wheelchair, does that mean he doesn't get out a lot by himself?  When I used a wheelchair and didn't have a car I know how I'd look forward to someone offering to take me somewhere (I did get out a fair bit by myself but was limited in how far I could go as public transport was a non starter).  Maybe he was just so disappointed that you might not be able to make it that he said what he did without thinking.  I'd wait a short while for an apology and if it's not forthcoming, depending on how close friends you are and how much you value the friendship, I'd just have a word and say you're sorry you aren't/weren't sure you could make it but Meesha's health has to come first and that you were upset at his response.  If that doesn't elicit and apology then I would no longer consider him a friend.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 09:34:23 AM »
when Bob was having an 'episode' he would wait until I was going to the loo, then sit on his tray opposite me in obvious discomfort and squark at me while glaring as if it was my fault (I know, it is always my fault but this was really intense!!)

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 09:26:35 AM »
Thats good, hopefully by tomorrow she'll be able to have a bigger pee aswell as the meds kick in properly  :)

The vet said it could be up to 48 hours, but it's usually closer to   24.  She's peed again, but only a teensy teensy dribble really, and only after having sat in the litter for a minute or two.  She really doesn't appear to be in any pain though - I know cats hide pain well, but she is her normal lovely self, running around as usual, and doesn't complain when I pick her up or anything, and she's drinking and eating just fine.  She's just a bit cross because I'm not letting her out ATM.  I'll have a chat with the vet nurses today when I take the sample in.  I won't really be happy until she produces a good-sized puddle!  C'mon Meesh! 

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 23:07:26 PM »
Thats good, hopefully by tomorrow she'll be able to have a bigger pee aswell as the meds kick in properly  :)

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 21:44:42 PM »
I'm not that fussed about your mate to be honest but when exactly was the last time meesha managed to urinate ?

Did the vet managed to palpate the bladder and mention how full it was ?

I am extremely worried about waiting a full 48 hrs with no urine  :-:

I certainly wouldnt be waiting until sunday, if there had been no pee by tomorrow mid day i'd be back to the vets.  Please make sure enough fluids are being drank aswell as this should help dilute the urine and make it less "stingy"

Yes, he palpated her bladder and said it wasn't at all distended.  So she's obviously been weeing a bit whilst I haven't been looking! (I was at work earlier and she was out).

She's drinking bags of water, so I'm just waiting now *taps fingers*.  Meesh doesn't seem to be in much (or any) discomfort which I hope is a good sign - she's stretching and running and whatnot, and is in a great mood!  (probably all the attention!)

Edit: She's just done a little tiny wee, which is something, and I've managed to get it into the sample tube!  She's glad to be back with the other two now her litter doesn't need to be separate anymore :)

Don't think I'll impart this news to my friend yet - he can stew for all I care, or come up with an apology (not yet forthcoming ...)

Thanks to everyone for your support :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 21:46:28 PM by Catjane »

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 20:11:37 PM »
Just guessing, as I do not know him, but I imagine your friend had had a rotten day and just got overwraught.  I bet he is full of regret at the moment.

Best wishes for little Meesha, let us know how she gets on.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 19:31:17 PM »
When Lexy had the same I just stayed home with her a couple days. Took some time off worked. Messed up my leave allowance but I'd rather her health than a holiday.

I would not worry about your friend. He is indeed self sufficient to a degree and I am sure that he will understand he's not the priority in this.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 18:58:06 PM »
with friends like that, who needs enemies. He will probably calm down and call you back once he realises just how inappropriate his response was. If not, I would be striking him off my list of priorities.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 18:48:58 PM »
I'm not that fussed about your mate to be honest but when exactly was the last time meesha managed to urinate ?

Did the vet managed to palpate the bladder and mention how full it was ?

I am extremely worried about waiting a full 48 hrs with no urine  :-:

I certainly wouldnt be waiting until sunday, if there had been no pee by tomorrow mid day i'd be back to the vets.  Please make sure enough fluids are being drank aswell as this should help dilute the urine and make it less "stingy"

Offline berties mum

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 18:10:23 PM »
He's obviously never had to look after a cat with a urinary problem ... I had similar with Bertie at Christmas and even rang in sick to work one day so I could keep an eye on his litter tray usage! A true friend would have understood how worrying this is for you .. don't worry, just concentrate on Meesha and wait for his apology! x

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 18:06:31 PM »
I wouldn't give him the time of day if that's his attitude  >:( .......Meesha is more important so there's no need for guilt, it's his loss not yours  :Luv:

Offline Catjane

• Distinguished Cat
Need a rant!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 17:59:30 PM »
Arrrgh!

Took Meesha to the vet a short while ago because she is having trouble urinating (goes frequently but passes little or nothing).

The vet said most likely FLUTD, gave her an antiflammatory injection, and some antibiotic pills, together with litter crystals so I can collect a urine sample.  He said that I should keep a close eye on her, and that if she had passed no urine within 48 hours to take her to emergency vets.  All that's fine, she's had her pill good as gold, and being a good girl.  :Luv:

However, I was supposed to be accompanying my disabled friend to a big cat sanctuary on Sunday, to help with pushing his wheelchair etc., although he has an off-road one that he could manage with if necessary.  I was looking forward to it.  Just told my friend about Meesha, and he said ... so what about Sunday?  So I said, well, it depends how Meesh is, if she hasn't peed by Sunday I'll have to stay home in case she needs to go to the vets.  And he just said "Oh f**king great!  Thanks!" and slammed the phone down!  >:(  Arrrghh!!  Like it's my fault, or something! It's not like he's not sympathetic towards animals - he has a cat of his own!  Now I feel upset and guilty, and worried (for Meesh, mainly).

/rant over

Link to CatChat