Author Topic: Yet more proof that Posters do work!  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Yet more proof that Posters do work!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 02:14:57 AM »
I can definately second that!!!! posters & leaflets through people's doors helped me get my cat back after 13 days of being trapped in a garage.....

This was the first section (on CC  :shy:) that i ever posted........so i suppose i should also say "Thankyou" cos all this info does help  ;)

That was very nice of them to send you an email Sam.....atleast you know your appreciated  :Luv:
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 02:30:57 AM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Yet more proof that Posters do work!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 09:03:37 AM »
Hi Sam,

Good to know your persistence pays off. Mostly its common sense but sadly a lot of people don't have any so good that you are happy to share yours out  :evillaugh:

Bet he was hungry!  :-:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 09:04:09 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Yet more proof that Posters do work!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 20:19:16 PM »
As many of you may know I send the list of hints to tips to every cat owner who has lost a furbabe who posts on the National Pet Register.  I regularly get emails of thanks but this one today really made me smile:

Hi there,

I just wanted to thank you for the advice given on how to find my missing cat Pumbaa. he was gone for nearly a week and last night we started with your suggestion on handing out flyers asking people to open up their garages, outhouses etc

Lo and behold, the first house we went to took one look at the poster and started laughing saying that she knew exactly where he was. They have a camper van with a skylight parked outside and there he was. She had assumed that he could get out because her cat went in and out as he pleased (ours is slightly chubbier with less common sense).

Anyway, he's safe and sound now and I have saved your email for future reference!

Thanks again
J x
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 21:28:28 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat