Author Topic: In case anyone wondered (my petsitting crisis solved!)  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: In case anyone wondered (my petsitting crisis solved!)
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 12:30:27 PM »
so glad you got sorted.    You're bound to still worry about leaving them, but you'll have a bit more peace of mind now.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 12:28:28 PM »
That is great ..I am really annoyed with my cat sitter as she has NOT returned my keys I have left her nmumerous messages she wants her 30 quid which i have offered to drop round to her but she wont answer my calls either looks like i am looking for a new sitter ..she was not very good anyway :(
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 12:18:42 PM »
Thats brilliant Im so pleased for you. I have to put my 2 into a cattery at xmas as pet sitting isnt really an option for me as I live in a tower block and would need to leave my security key with someone so they could get in which isnt very convenient.
Enjoy your time away
love
Tab

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
In case anyone wondered (my petsitting crisis solved!)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 12:13:52 PM »
I don't know if anyone remembers but I posted a thread last week about needing a cattery to take the cats while we were away. Gerti isnt Vaccinated yet so a cattery wont take her and we dont have enough time for the two injections - I really didnt like the idea of them going into a cattery and feeling abandoned either.

my bf didnt like the idea of a cat sitter as he didnt want someone to have access to our house, but I read on here that they need to be police checked and insured and normally come with recommendations - so I told him that and looked one up near us.

He came round to visit on Wednesday night and was lovely! The cats normally go and hide when a new person comes but they were all over him, cheese was rolling around and rubbing her face on his folder while he was trying to show us his certificates and recommendations! lol! Gerti was just purr machine all over him :) we gave him all the info of what they are like, what they eat and when, and he will be visiting our fluff balls when we go away next friday!

Am so happy - thanks for all your advice and helping to make it happen! Otherwise it would be a 5 hour round trip twice to take them to my mums and the same again to pick them back up again after, and THEN driving to York for our weekend!

Thanks to all you advice-givers! I will miss them terribly and still worry about them though, typical mother though, eh?  :innocent:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Link to CatChat