:welcome: nto Purrs and your cats are lovely, especially Smudge   ;D

I am a sucker for b&w.

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
Re: Hullo!
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 23:29:09 PM »
Thanks everyone
Smudge and Sam...
Notice how the bed stays unmade so i don't have to disturb the cats... I do the same with the vacuuming too!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 23:30:48 PM by verity »

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 18:29:24 PM »
hi Verity and Family and  :welcome:. Looking forward to more furry piccies!!

Emma x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 13:35:31 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs.  You have a gorgeous furry family, and hopefully it won't take long for Toby to come round  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 16:34:20 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Verity, and I will now go back and amend my question on your Toby thread  ;)
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 15:33:38 PM »
Hi Verity &  :welcome: to Purrs

Glad you have found us  ;D  This really is such a lovely site, full of friendly helpful advice if needed and of course lots of us wittering on about our cats (me included)  :evillaugh:

I feel it my public duty to wa n you though - this place is seriously addictive  :Crazy:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 10:06:02 AM »
Hi Verity and Family and  :welcome: to Purrs,

So pleased you found us and as you say this is a wonderful site and everyone is very friendly and helpful.  There is loads of very useful advice on here and we all love talking about our furry family. I'm sorry to hear about George ... unfortuantely too many of us have gone through the heartache of losing a furbabe to an RTA  and we all know what you are going through :hug:

Your furries all sound wonderful and I'm sure it won't be long before Toby settles in.

Look forward to chatting more.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 08:48:09 AM »
 :welcome: Verity!!

You've got a lovely family.

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 02:54:28 AM »
Toby Tastic... having discovered Marshall the Hamster...

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 02:51:15 AM »
Sorry... My computer is a bit funny about photos, so I'm having to put them up one by one... some of them are phone photos, so the quality is a bit naff!

Smudge...

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 02:49:38 AM »
Sambo Baggins

Offline verity

• Adult Cat
Hullo!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 02:38:37 AM »
Hello all! I found your fantastic site last night, and having had a bit of a blub on the Rainbow Bridge thread, I thought I ought to introduce myself and the Furbabies properly!

My name is Verity, and I live in Yorkshire with my boyfriend, and our 'family'- three cats, three hens, five degus, a rabbit, a guinea pig and a hamster. Our cats are our lives.... the first thing we see to in the morning, and the last thing at night... and most of what happens in between. We are both musicians, and also both teach.

Top of the tree is Smudge, a tuxedo female. She really wears the furry trousers in this place, and quickly puts the boys (and us!) in our place! She is a total Daddy's girl, and was a rescue cat. She went to the West Oxford Animal Rescue (we lived down South for a year) because her mummy and daddy were moving away. The rescue lady was sceptical to say the least, and we know think that it was Smudge's unique toilet habits that led to her not being wanted. We have had her for 4 years now.  :Luv:

Then comes black Sam, a former stray who would wait until we went out, let himself in through the cat flap, and pretty much live in our house... until we would arrive home, when he would make for the cat flap and scarper! It took me months to get close to him and gain his trust... which we rewarded by getting him cleaned up, fed up, and neutered! He then escaped out of the bathroom window, and disappeared for two weeks. He came back, and hasn't gone far from the house now for three years. Sam's only vices are the coffee table (which appears to require regular punishment) and the fact that he can't leave any food in a dish... a throwback from his stray days, I would guess.  :-:

Finally, is our new rescue baby, white and tabby Toby, who has been with us for three days, and who has been rarely seen during that time! He is currently living under the bed, but does wander out occasionally... especially to visit the hamster... He won't yet be touched, but we have lots of time and love to give him. I will start another thread about Toby, because I need some advice!  :shy:

I am priviledged to have known so many wonderful cats... we lost our beautiful George to an RTA last weekend, and though I'm finding it immensely hard to come with, our three others keep me busy, and pile on the love.

This website is great, and I look forward to meeting you all!
Verity x

Link to CatChat