Author Topic: Food  (Read 1672 times)

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
Re: Food
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 15:20:46 PM »
I had a look in Tesco for frozen white fish portions and couldn't find any. In the end I bought some fresh unsmoked haddock and cut it into pieces and froze it so now I can just take a few chunks out as and when I need them, defrost them and pop them in the oven and it's done!
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 15:15:38 PM »
Im sure he will manage to eat that  ;D

The only fish i know how to cook is from the supermarket freezers, it comes in plastic portions and you either boil or microwave depending how much stink you like  :evillaugh:

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2007, 10:36:47 AM »
It does remind me of my first ever cat Tooshy...  :Luv: He was an older roaming Tom who I took in and fixed up. He went bonkers for liver pate!

The vet adviced me to get in something light for after his neurtering op. I grilled some fish and some chicken so he had a choice. When he came home, he looked so sorry for himself. So despressed! He jumped in the chair and slept and slept... I got so worried! I placed a small dish next to his head with a bit of the chicken, then the fish... no reaction.  :( Tooshy didn't even look up. I even tried to put some in his mouth to get him to eat. He just kept sleeping.

Then, in desparation, I got the pate out. I walked in the room and his little nose started to twitch, then his head lifted. But the time I got to the chair, he'd jumped up and was meowing for England.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

:rofl: :rofl:

Well I went out and bought him some nice chicken breast which I will roast later on :)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2007, 08:42:12 AM »
It does remind me of my first ever cat Tooshy...  :Luv: He was an older roaming Tom who I took in and fixed up. He went bonkers for liver pate!

The vet adviced me to get in something light for after his neurtering op. I grilled some fish and some chicken so he had a choice. When he came home, he looked so sorry for himself. So despressed! He jumped in the chair and slept and slept... I got so worried! I placed a small dish next to his head with a bit of the chicken, then the fish... no reaction.  :( Tooshy didn't even look up. I even tried to put some in his mouth to get him to eat. He just kept sleeping.

Then, in desparation, I got the pate out. I walked in the room and his little nose started to twitch, then his head lifted. But the time I got to the chair, he'd jumped up and was meowing for England.  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 08:15:46 AM »
I would stick to chicken or fish, the seafood cocktail might be too rich for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 22:15:40 PM »
Clapton's favourite treat is oven roasted chicken cooked with the skin on and  just enough that its not pink but still juicy (he had 1/2  of mine last night  :tired: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 21:51:49 PM »
My cats love fish too,I had a female a few years ago (she passed away sadly two years ago) who hated anything fish but my boys now seem to love everything fish,even whiskas "oh so fishy" ;D
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 21:43:43 PM »
My cats have eaten any and all combinations of seafood. They love it!  :evillaugh:

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 21:30:44 PM »

Tescos do an enticing looking Seafood cocktail (Prawns, muscles, cockles, squid, crab...)

are all these safe for cats?
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 20:02:10 PM »
How about a few Tiger prawns?  :hungey:

Tescos do an enticing looking Seafood cocktail (Prawns, muscles, cockles, squid, crab...)

don't think i could stomach it :sick:

MM - any kind of white fish you would recommend? and how would i cook it, like if i bought it fresh..

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 19:45:56 PM »
How about a few Tiger prawns?  :hungey:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 19:27:32 PM »
Chicken or white fish would be best as its light on the tum after his GA   ;D

My lot like their chicken roasted and they get frozen white fish portions done in the microwave. I hate the smell of fish cooking so wont poach it  :evillaugh:

• Super Cat
Food
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 18:21:16 PM »
Because Charlie's getting neutered tomorrow I was thinking of a special meal I could make him for being a brave boy, he loves tuna and chicken but is there anything more inventive I could give him as a special treat?

I've never really bought them fresh fish or anything, so any ideas would be great (and how to cook them :evillaugh:)

Link to CatChat