Author Topic: Healthy 2 year old PTS (Nearly)  (Read 4358 times)

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
Re: Healthy 2 year old PTS (Nearly)
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2006, 10:08:50 AM »
Thats so sad. Good job they were rescued by caring people!!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2006, 05:44:00 AM »
Good grief - that's got to be one of the stupidist things I've ever heard    I hope those 2 humans are neutered and won't be passing on their "caring"   genes.

Only just noticed this posting, very good.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2006, 23:45:28 PM »
Excellent news, not surprised she was snapped up though, she is gorgeous. 

Just need to find Beth a home now, you seem to be some kind of lucky charm for the cats though, that's two out of three (that you have told us about) that have got a home already - keep up the good work!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2006, 23:38:22 PM »
Tigs got a new home already!  ;D

Lets hope Bethany finds one soon :catluv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 21:54:04 PM »
Wow, she's stunning, what beautiful eyes  :Luv:

Like Desley I'm lost for words for her so called owner  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 21:22:00 PM »
Here are a couple more of this beautiful girl

[attachment deleted by admin]

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 21:20:43 PM »
Aww, the poor babies. Thank god the vets are nice and rang you, I am glad my vets know what I do now, as they ring me, but mainly with the oldies - must get them a card and box of biscuits this weekend. Fingers crossed they dont have long to wait, and I can't even think of anything to say about that stupid woman giving them up for such daft reasons!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 21:10:51 PM »
She looks it - like I say - TOO affectionate?  Madness!  What a beautiful lady.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 21:09:43 PM »
I keep looking at the pic of tigs by by the cage door and wish I could have another - she is the most beautiful and affectionate cat  :'(

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 21:05:16 PM »
Am so glad this beautiful girl got a reprieve - and so angry that people will give up their cats for being TOO affectionate. I just don't understand it!  Cats love you on their own terms.  That's part of the joy of having one in your life.  You have to earn your place in their affections.  What on earth do these people think they're doing?!!!

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 18:15:00 PM »
Hi Sharon,

I should just clarify my remarks so as not to give you heart failure! What I intended to say was that, should I be asked about Kent,  I would suggest that people in your area contact you to give a cat a home and not simply to give you another cat to find room for.
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 18:11:33 PM »
A woman fell in love [/i] with them and, after a proper home check, took them home. She returned them 2 days late. The totally bemused Cattery Owner's mother asked what the problem was. She complained that they were too affectionate and only wanted to sit on our laps when we come home from work.  She added that they she and her husband needed some quality time alone after work and aren't cats supposed to be independent and amuse themselves

Good grief - that's got to be one of the stupidist things I've ever heard  :censored:  I hope those 2 humans are neutered and won't be passing on their "caring"  :shify: genes.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 18:03:32 PM »
Hello all
First thanks to Mark for getting photos done today. A star! We keep our volunteers busy this way (but not to busy as I know its hard work)
Our little branch dosnt run like clockwork and its a huge struggle out their I can tell you. Our finances are always in need of bumping up and although we have a lovely bunch of fosterers we just cannot help everyone. 

One thing now really annoying me is the Christmas Present Cat symdrome, I can here my response to these calls (almost daily) getting more gruff!!!!

Just want to point out that although I am the one that uses this forum *and Cat Chat" is a joint effort running this branch and thanks goes to Isobel (a vet nurse taking care of Humphrey) and Gillian who is are co coordinator at the moment (long story). Without these girls I would very soon loose my sanity. 

Sharn is a lovely lady and has been with us from the start.  Tigs and Bethany are with her at the moment. And you are right Mark, Beth was saved (just in time) from being PTS, although I bet we never get to here about half of the cases that we may be able to help. 

But thanks to the praise people, makes it seem worthwhile.
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 17:46:17 PM »
Hi Mark,

Thanks for the link. If ever I need to recommend to anyone in Kent of an organisation to approach for local people to rehome cats I will recommend CP Canterbury. I have built up quite a positive picture of your branch over a period of time via Sharon, etc.

It is useful to know because I only have experience of one rescue in Kent and it was not very pleasant and has left an extremely bad taste in my mouth and one or two other cat lovers in this area. The laws of libel are in mind so I will not name them and I wouldn't want to give this website a problem.  :grr:

Hi Sam,

Thankfully I did not meet these people. Once the cats were safely in care they would have had a massive broadside which would leave them in no doubt how I felt.

One can only assume that the husband was also limited to the amount of time he was allowed to be affectionate .... his slot was obviously straight after work!!

A quality comment   :waiting:  However, from what I heard he would have difficulty raising a wrist let alone anything else.   :rofl:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 17:06:47 PM »
Forgot to add, the 2 cats are being cared for by Sharn who dedicates 2 of her pens at her cattery http://www.kopperkins.co.uk to Cats protection - If anyone is in the Kent area, I can recommend her as she is a real cat lover. I didn't get to meet her own 22 year old cat but that speaks volumes  :wow:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 17:06:18 PM »
There really are some complete  :censored: out there  :swearin:

I hope these babes find their forever homes soon where they will be cherished and spoilt as they should be.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 14:36:35 PM »
 :-: unbeleivable .... there are so many people  out there who would give their right arm for their much loved furbabe to spend even 30 seconds on the lap and yet people who have the most gorgeous lap cats give them up for being too affectionate!!!!

She complained that they were too affectionate and only wanted to sit on our laps when we come home from work.  She added that they she and her husband needed some quality time alone after work and aren't cats supposed to be independent and amuse themselves

One can only assume that the husband was also limited to the amount of time he was allowed to be affectionate .... his slot was obviously straight after work!!  :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 14:26:18 PM »
Un :censored: ingbelievable. She's a beautiful girl, and the 2 you dealt with sound like absolute darlings too, Beanie.

I could never do well as the 'public face' of rescue, I'd end up in a shouting match with someone on my first day...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 14:27:01 PM by Rebecca (beccaviola) »
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 14:24:45 PM »
Oh that just ****** me off.  These two are beautiful.  These stupid people didn't deserve them.
I hope they find their new forever home soon, where they will be loved to bits.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 21:14:44 PM by Desley (booktigger) »
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

Offline catzluva71

• Adult Cat
  • Bo
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 14:19:37 PM »
Stupid  :censored: people!  :grr:
What beautiful cats
Home is where your cat is :)

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 14:05:49 PM »
Hi Mark,

When I volunteered for CP, one of the foster catteries re-homed 2 beautiful, affectionate cats whose owned had died. They had been properly looked after and adored.They were used to handling and, I suspect, quality time from their owner.

A woman fell in love [/i] with them and, after a proper home check, took them home. She returned them 2 days late. The totally bemused Cattery Owner's mother asked what the problem was. She complained that they were too affectionate and only wanted to sit on our laps when we come home from work.  She added that they she and her husband needed some quality time alone after work and aren't cats supposed to be independent and amuse themselves

These people are out there and, unfortunately, there are too many of them. wan :censored:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 14:04:31 PM »
Would they Euthenaise their child if it had a does of the trotts?  NO.

People make me so mad. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 13:44:51 PM »
I guess those who work in rescue see this all the time. This gorgeous 2 year old girl was taken to the vet for PTS

Never a truer word, it happens constantly, a few weeks ago I posted on chat chat I think, that someone wanted their 7 month little sweetheart PTS because it was constipated.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 13:21:11 PM »
And this is the girl evicted for being too affectionate

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 13:10:49 PM »
oh she's a sweetheart!!!!!
thank god for the nice person at the vets.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Healthy 2 year old PTS (Nearly)
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 13:07:17 PM »
I guess those who work in rescue see this all the time. This gorgeous 2 year old girl was taken to the vet for PTS - luckily one of the staff at the vet called Sharon and she rescued her.

I had the privilege of going to take her photo this morning (hope sharon doesn't mind me posting it)

How can anyone not love black cats (there was also a gorgeous tabby with beautiful markings - almost bengal type - she was given up for being "too friendly" - wanted to sleep in babies cot)

Link to CatChat