Author Topic: never stop looking  (Read 1842 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: never stop looking
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 21:45:17 PM »
Ahh so pleased this little one is safe and sound.  Your right Mark I also try to encourage people to actually check themselves wherever possible and this story just goes to reiterate the point.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: never stop looking
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 20:24:52 PM »
What a great story and also a warning to leave no stone unturned when looking and never take other peoples word for it. I think Sam always says insist (nicely) to look yourself and don't rely on your neighbours to do it for you. They may have good intentions but it isn't as important to them.

Great ending - luckily
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
never stop looking
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 22:15:41 PM »
I have lost two of my cats and both times they went missing for over 2 weeks. Both times I did exactly what everyone else would do but crucially I trusted friends and neighbours to check their own garages and sheds which was a mistake. Even us pet owners are sometimes not as thorough as we perhaps need to be.

I say this every time someones cat goes missing and I say it from bitter personal  experience.

Insist on checking  every shed and garage yourself thorughly

Here is a recent tale of success but with a salutary caution for all of us.

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/forums/DONT-GIVE-UP-t-291.html

never give up

Link to CatChat