Author Topic: VET BILL  (Read 2871 times)

Offline Emma S

• Adult Cat
  • Meg and Darcey
Re: VET BILL
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 14:24:46 PM »
I have just opened the post and it containted a cheque for £1000 in memory of someone who had died and loved cats.
Although it is  a very sad reason it will help enormously as find-raising during the next 3 months is will almost none existant.

Awww thats lovely. As you said, a sad reason, but I'm sure whoever donated the money would be thrilled to know its helping such a good cause.
Love Emma & the girls - Meg and Darcey xxx

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 13:41:04 PM »
I have just opened the post and it containted a cheque for £1000 in memory of someone who had died and loved cats.
Although it is  a very sad reason it will help enormously as find-raising during the next 3 months is will almost none existant.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 12:44:06 PM »
Only £2000 lol
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 14:36:04 PM by Millys Mum »

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 12:31:50 PM »
The vet bill amounts I quote are including our discount. We get 10% off but we also have a deal for injections and boosters about £10 off each one and also we do not pay overnight hospitalization which is about £20 a night. Also we are sometimes let off with the odd consultation, so without these perks we would have far greater bills.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:20:07 PM »
I have to say we have a wonderful vet up here and get a good discount on our own and have a seperate account for any fosters we will be having and the vet gives it a double discount which helps us.

can sympathise with the poor RTA boy as we had a bill of £1500 all in for one of our own we just canvelled christmas for 2005 and paid the bill - well Robin paid it and we are just greatful our Puma recovered and we could pay the bill by juggling things.

It also would shock the general public if they knew what we do for these babes who then hopefully recover and get good homes if not they end up datying as permanant fosters in our case at our expense but it is the best for them in some cases = who wants a 16 y.o feral - after 15 months ith us she is a dribble chops and slept on the bed for about 3 hours last night so worth all the comments from people that the cat won't adapt - we met her half way and she has repaid us by seeking us out for attention.
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 11:58:45 AM »
collection service despite the family having their own cars

I know what you mean, people swear blind they cannot possibly bring a cat or more usually cats in so an unpaid slave volunteer who has been working all day goes to the home to  pick up the cats and there are a couple of cars on the drive.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 11:55:40 AM »
That is so kind, I feel a little embarrassed now as I was honestly not asking for anything just telling about another day on the life of rescue.

Your comments reminded me (I think I have posted before) about the calls you get when someone phones about a neighbour, you say where do they live and the caller says next door to me, and you say where do you live and they say it is not me I am calling about it is my neighbour.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 11:34:27 AM »
She then said two are Persian and in a terrible state and it will put people off  buying the house if they are not attended too, off course she has no money so we have to pay for 2 de-matts.

Now I know the correct approach is calm and to put the cats first but I would have greta difficulty in dealing with that which, I know, is not to my credit.

I was manning a telephone line for one independent charity on one occsion. The phone rang and an educated and eloquently spoken lady asked if we could come round to pick up her 2 cats. When I enquired why, she said that her neighbour had died. Naturally I was bamboozled. Further investigation established that the cats had been bought for her children who couldn't look after them when they went to university. The kindly neighbour started feeding them and paying them some attention. By now you can get the picture! This woman was not finished. After admitting that she had little personal time to look after the cats, she then had the arrogant audacity to blame her elderly deceased neighbour for encouraging them. The other side of it was that she only lived 0.5 miles from the rescue in ahighly desirable location and saw tham as a collection service despite the family having their own cars.  >:(

I can only hope that these  :censored: return to this earth as mice.  :evillaugh:

Anyway - to the main point. I would like to make a small donation to you in order to deal with the veterinary bills. Shall I send it it to your branch or would you prefer me to send it to the vet? My email address is Mognificent7@aol.com
Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
VET BILL
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 11:07:26 AM »
About a week ago I was speaking to tone of the vets and she said Oh! Elaine I have just noticed your bill is only about £2000 so far this month, I said I am sure I can do better than that for Eric by the end of the month. Unfortunately I am managing very well to add to Eric's Christmas fund. A RTA with double broken legs costing hundreds of pounds for the op, a thyroid op again hundreds of pounds, Someone phoned me as her mum had died and wanted me to take in 7 cats now, this minute, sit yet so how she thinks it will be all done and dusted so quickly I do not know. I said I would put them on the list waiting to come in. She then said two are Persian and in a terrible state and it will put people off  buying the house if they are not attended too, off course she has no money so we have to pay for 2 de-matts. This of course is not for her sake but the cats as they must feel very uncomfortable. A couple of days ago our local branch of Pet Search UK  rang about a stray in a terrible state and Sue said she would take it in temporally of course we will pay the bill however apparently it is very ill and is being tested for everythong  at our expense. Once you know about these littler ones you cannot let them down can you. Off course there are numerous other vet visits this week as well.

Link to CatChat