Author Topic: Re: Volunteers new subject heading  (Read 10145 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Volunteers new subject heading
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 15:47:39 PM »
I think Sharon forgot about this thread. I think Sharon means people who can organise the lost & found register, order supplies, including shopping around to get the best deals on food, meds etc. maintaining the catchat page other other admin type things.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

MBll

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 20:46:59 PM »
i can think of quite alot of jobs that could be done by internet etc...

What would they be?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 18:11:22 PM »
Quote from: Pinkbear link=topic=5962.msg91721#msg91721 date=1184709303

We do have socials, don't we Sharon?  :innocent: :scared:
[/quote

Yes, they are at your house Julie  :evillaugh: - Free bar included  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 13:53:51 PM »
That would be great Mags.  The only snag is I won't be able to cover food, etc as I'm up to my eyes with the one's I've got here at the moment so anyone doing it, will have to cover their own expenses  :shify:  I may be able to help with any vet bills if needed, as long as my vets are used and it's through me.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 13:55:31 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

MBll

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 13:51:09 PM »
I don't suppose there's anyone in my area that could possibly do some fostering  :tired: 

Would it help if i crossposted ya appeal on another site Im on?

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 13:22:15 PM »
I don't suppose there's anyone in my area that could possibly do some fostering  :tired: 

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 07:40:28 AM »
Seems like a good way to pass my evenings once i have recovered from the commute from london, walked the dog, cooked dinner and fed the menagery. Yes I live locally (Chatham) and have on-line access (obviously). It would also be a good way for me to find my way around all the websites that are available for pet supplies which are boundless and incredibly tempting........ Happy to help where I can.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 22:55:03 PM »
Blackcat

If you join the Canterbury Crew, the first thing you'll need to go get is a pint of pigeon's milk for the volunteers tea. And I could do with a new head for my rubber hammer. Mark needs a long wait - minimum 7 hours. There's so much to be found...!  :evillaugh:

But it would be good for someone to come do the stuff Sharon suggested and I see no reason why you can't do it from Chatham - and you should even be able to make a social or two.

We do have socials, don't we Sharon?  :innocent: :scared:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 22:39:13 PM »
Hi Blackcat
Not sure where you are, or if you are in Kent.. But we are looking for a volunteer who can source out all our vet supplies (worm stuff, flea stuff) igloos for the fosterers, that kind of thing really. I evisage it wouldnt really matter if you were not that local, as email and internet and the phone would be the main point of contact, although you are more then welcome to met volunteers helping this way.. Its all getting abit too much for us all at the moment, Pinkbear has now taken over one day answering the main phone lines to give everybody a break and to take hold of holiday cover. Mark who is local to me is a star doing vet runs,taking photos etc along with a few other dedicated volunteers.. The main problem is although we have many enquires for volunteers, they start keen then go by the wayside and we end up taking the slack.. So reliable people is the key..and also enjoy what you are doing... I have a few great people that help with homechecks in our area, but as Mark found the other day people dont realise we are all voluntary and are just trying to fit this into our everyday life and its hard just to drop everything and pick up a cat...Although we always do our best for poorly or injured cats, sometimes we have to admit that we cannot help everybody all the time, we just try to do what we can.. The more volunteers to help spread the load the better..

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

MBll

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 21:50:22 PM »
Mmmm that wouldnt be needed where i am as apartly  the few rescues here cant be bothered  with volunteers, the only ones that will take  are miles away

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 21:02:39 PM »
Our branch could do with a Fosterers supply person to order all our food, vet stuff etc..

If it can be done evenings and does not require a car, then happy to help

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 14:40:14 PM »
That would be great, it would be helpful if people could say where they were from.. I am guessing there could be lots of virtual volunteers, i can think of quite alot of jobs that could be done by internet etc...

So yes please!!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat