Author Topic: Willowbank cattery - Heaton Moor  (Read 6789 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Willowbank cattery - Heaton Moor
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 17:12:23 PM »
I too would be a litle bit worried about a cattery that still has places for xmas

I would too, I book my Badger into the kennels for Christmas in January. I think the only time one would have a vacancy at Christmas is if they had a late cancellation, even them most have a list of people hoping for such a thing to happen.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 17:07:24 PM »
I too would be a litle bit worried about a cattery that still has places for xmas. (i know thats prob wrong but its how my mind works lol)
I know for a fact that all our local catteries are fully booked

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 15:32:27 PM »
Good luck with finding a cattery - hope the one you mention is up to scratch (pun intended)  ;)

Agree with Roz about visiting and asking questions.  I'd just add that virtually all catteries that are any good will be booked up by now for xmas (and have a waiting list for cancellations).  The cattery I use was booked up months ago.  That doesn't mean a cattery can't have vacancies for perfectly good reasons, but I'd be extra cautious in checking out any that do.  In fact, I think I'd just come right out with it and ask how come they're not booked up for xmas yet  :-:

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 12:13:17 PM »
Hi there and welcome to Purrs,

The best way to find out about a cattery is to arrange a visit......All reputable catteries will be only too happy to show you around prior to a booking.  Make a list of all the points that are important to you and fire them at the owner while making this preliminary visit.

Hoo looks like a bengal so will probably enjoy some fresh air and an interesting outlook.  It will be cold when he is booked in so ask about heating.

Cleanliness and safety are paramount in any Boarding Cattery. 

Ask at your vet practice if they know any good catteries in your area and whether they know anything about Willowbank in particular.

All Boarding Catteries should conform to current C.I.E.H.O. regulations.

Hope above helps

Best wishes and good luck

Roz
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 18:26:32 PM »
Purrrrrrsaonally they look good in their own home  :rofl:

Offline Hooster

• Kitten
Willowbank cattery - Heaton Moor
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 14:01:10 PM »
Hiya,
becasue my other half consistently forgot to book our normal cattery, I cant get Hoo in there over christmas so have to look at alternatives.
Im trying to find some reviews of Willowbank cattery - Heaton Moor. Has anyone used it? Is it any good?

thanks
Hoo

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 14:12:54 PM by Hooster »

Link to CatChat