Author Topic: Is she lost?  (Read 9623 times)

ccmacey

Re: Is she lost?
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 10:19:17 AM »
Taking Pepper to the vets at 11, wish her luck  ;)

I do hope she is chipped, if not what am I to do with her?

I also dont like the feeling I could be taking someone's cat that just dosnt return home for a few days, but if she has a home why would she be coming to me to be fed for the past 2 weeks and risk having fights with my cats, all 4 of them.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2007, 23:36:26 PM »
Not sure which area you are, but here's a start.... http://www.catchat.org/lost.html#national

Good luck with Pepper and well done!  :wow:

ccmacey

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2007, 23:18:48 PM »
Right, "Pepper" as I have called her has returned with the collar on and the note still intact.

She is in my kitchen at the moment, Im going to keep her here over night and take her to the vets tomorrow to be scanned. Hopefully she will be chipped and someone is looking for her.

She is a really nice girl and loves being petted, I cant see her being a stray.

In the mean time how do I go about searching the lost pets register for my area?

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2007, 13:06:28 PM »
 :hug:  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »
I would.....she can hopefully then be re-united with her owners (fingers crossed)  ;)

ccmacey

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 12:00:22 PM »
So if she comes back with it on should I take her to vets to be scanned?

Sometimes I wish I couldnt care.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 11:50:39 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »
I hope it gets sorted soon too, I cant keep tending to others cats I'm 8 months pregnant and getting very tired now.  :tired: Its knackering enough looking after my own.

I put a propper collar on her last night with a note securely taped on, I have asked her "owner" to leave the collar on her so I can take it back, it was my Renie's and she is no longer with me so I'm hoping I get it back.

What to do if she comes back with it on?

She was sitting in my garden last night with my cats and they were all fine, no hissing or anything  :-: This is strange as if she were male Ted would of chased her but he done nothing.

Please let her have a home I got enough to deal with.

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 20:40:09 PM »
 :Crazy:  Don't know much about these collars, can they be removed (by the cat ) easily, or someone took it off her.

If owner removed it thats gratitude for you, a call wouldn't go amiss, even if it was to ask you not to feed her me thinks

she might like you better than her own home cause your kind, hope it all gets sorted out soon

Angie x
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

ccmacey

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 20:31:49 PM »
She is back with no collar on and no phone call.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 15:23:14 PM »
If she is a roamer but does have a home, it could be a couple of days before she does back to Mummy and Daddy. Give it a few days yet...  ;)

ccmacey

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007, 15:21:17 PM »
No calls as yet. What should I do if she returns with the collar on? I suppose I will have to take her to the vets to be scanned.

I dont know where I will put her though as I already have a lodger in the bathroom.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 00:58:02 AM »
I reckon you are like me  ;D

I reckoned I was the only one in my area in London with a catflap and i had a steady stream of visitors and some I got to know very well. One moved in and sadly had to be rehomed cos of my cat, another visited me everynight right till my last day there. Anotherone was the spitting image of Kocka and it was hard to tell them apart.

Yet another used to walk me to the shop at end of road. Loki tried to move in and was taken to battersea dogs home but owner contacted me 3 hrs too late and got him back. Another one used to rush in the front door when I came home from work , eat and rush out the catflap. he went missing and I saw a notice in the shop and I hadnt seen him for a couple of days but last saw him walking up the road.

He turned out to be in one of the upstairs flats up there. Then he started visiting again and he came to see me the day before he moved.

I miss all my furry friends that popped through the flap and was gonna right a column for a CP monthly rag called Thro the Flap, but never got round to it  :shify:

I wish I knew there were more cats round her cos only have seeen viscious ginger Jess, its just wall to wall dogs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

ccmacey

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 23:03:26 PM »
I have put a paper collar on her, hopefully someone will call me back. She is too much of a fusspot to be stray.

She is a dark tortie, more dark brown with blonde/ peach streaks and she has a peach patch on her left foot. ( just incase any one is looking )

ccmacey

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 15:18:40 PM »
It doesn't seem to matter where I go, they always find me  :shy:

The stray I caught last year was at my old address and he is now living with my mum, he's grumpy Blacky on the other thread.

Seb is at the vets tomorrow, if he turns up before 6 tonight. Everything is crossed. I'm now off to buy a litter tray for him.

Cats, cats cats- I'm turning into a cat lady lol.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 14:00:38 PM »
CC, word is getting around the neighborhood, that's all.They tell each other where the soft ones are.  :evillaugh:

To have this many pussers turning up for a free meal and a hug, makes we wonder whether you live in a area with a general feral/abandoned cat population? I have to say over 25 years, I've only had three cats actually turn up out of nowhere and try to move in with me. If this is a regular occurence, and I recall you saying you had a cat do this last year, as well as the Tom at the vets today, it might be worth dropping a line to one of the feral groups like Cat77. Perhaps they can give you advice about what to look for in terms of behaviour?

Also, check in the mirror. Look on your forehead for a message saying "This one" written in pawprints.  :rofl:

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:57:26 PM »
 :hug: awwwwww let us know how it goes,  good luck

Angie xx
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

ccmacey

Is she lost?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 12:02:06 PM »
I have been getting a visitor over the last couple of weeks and I'm starting to wonder if she is lost? She has been coming for food every night and at first she was very wary of me. She would sit on the fence and as soon as I went out she would jump over the fence but does not go too far, just out of my eye line.

Last night I managed to coax her down and she came over to me for food, she is a friendly cat and liked having a fuss, she gobbled the food like nobody's business and then I went into the house she sat on my fence meowing, I think she may of wanted to come in?

I also have an unneutered male that comes round, maybe she is not spayed and waiting for him?

I decided to keep her in last night so I could take her to the vets to be scanned today but by the time I had rounded all my cats into one room, I went back out and she had gone.

I'm going to try the paper collar thing and hopefully someone will call and say she is their cat. If not I will try to keep her in and take her to the vets to be scanned. She looks well kept and she is not skinny or anything.

Link to CatChat