Author Topic: Toy help please!  (Read 4735 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Toy help please!
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2007, 15:05:35 PM »
Just found this link.....The jester's hat is cool  ;)

http://www.catsincomfort.com/acatalog/Toys_and_Games.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2007, 09:46:29 AM »
Gonna have to add that tent also to my basket...... ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 21:32:30 PM »
thanks Susanne thats really kind  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 20:45:11 PM »
I think mine would like the tent but its about 60 miles to nearest IKEA cos its in Cardiff, so 120 miles later and half a tank of petrol grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Gill - I'll let you know next time I'm going to ikea and I can get you one if you want.  They're very light so postage wouldn't be much.

I'm actually surprised that Mosi hasn't got bored with his yet but he loves it.  he's always sitting in it, pouncing on it, pushing it around the room.... they're great.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 20:11:54 PM »
Okay, OH's car isn't working so I am picking him up and dropping him off at Warrington tomorrow (he starts at 7:30  :'() there is an IKEA not far from my route so Ithink I will be picking up a tent for the kitties  :Luv:

They love the laundry baskets in the same material so hope they like it  :)
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 18:44:11 PM »
Purrsonal Touch do a fishing rod version of the tweety cat toys. And lots of others besides...

www.purrsonaltouch.co.uk

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 16:49:31 PM »
Yep Helen they are pretty durable. Susanne described it to a T. Has all you need. The boys would love it..stop being cruel...buy em one!!  :evillaugh:

Susanne I discovered string works well if controlled by mummy.  you just need lots of patience and a prop to hold up your arm while they try to catch it. You can read a book in the meantime  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 15:12:21 PM »
I was just cruising woofnwhiskers and they have a great looking toy called a magic hat - sort of like the cat in the hat fabric hat which when knocked over reveals a few toys attached on strings - naturally I had to order it.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 15:10:34 PM »
I think mine would like the tent but its about 60 miles to nearest IKEA cos its in Cardiff, so 120 miles later and half a tank of petrol grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 14:25:27 PM »
I had thought about the IKEA cat tents after people mentioning them on here. OH said he drove past the other day and I told him off for not going in to buy his babies a new toy  :evillaugh: , he's a meany Daddy!! I did tell him it's a case of IKEA and a cat tent or them wrecking our sofas!!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 13:55:45 PM »
As for cat cruelty  :innocent: ahem - this is coming from the Mum of two poor, deprived little boys who don't even have a wiggly waggler yet, they are a fundamental basic feline right you know  :P  People in glass houses...  ;)

:-[  That shall be remedied as soon as I get home  :P  Deprived and Mosi are 2 words not normally used in the same sentence  :-:

Not sure what the tents are made of, Helen, but there are no visible metal bits but they are very durable as Mosi's rough with his but hasn't damaged it at all.  They are flat packed and the top pole (not sure what it's made of but it's covered in the plastic sheeting) just needs to be slotted into the front and back to make it rigid across the top.  Mosi still flattens his but it's easy to pop it back up and it's never worse for wear.  It really is the best £5 I've spent on cat toys I think.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 13:19:31 PM »
Think it was about £5  ;D

That vid of Lexy is great  :Luv:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 13:14:13 PM »
I love that video  :Luv:

How much is the tent? I am tempted to go get one tomorrow... I am equally broke though and IKEA is such a lure...  :rofl:
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007, 13:06:41 PM »
Indeed. Lexy has a red one.  See

How can you resist the fun they have in this. She bashes it to pieces. Most fun I see her having away from red laser bug.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007, 12:56:38 PM »
But think of the boys little faces when they see what Mummy has got them  :wow:

I'm not sure they deserve another pressie, besides I'm not actually talking to them at the moment  :evillaugh: They have both been very naughty overnight (think knocking glass shelves down with Sky+ box on, luckily the glass didn't break) and I have been up since 4:30 am  >:(  They, of course, will be fast asleep now but I am the one that has to suffer and stay awake.  If they are good over the weekend I'll get them one on Monday but I wouldn't brave Ikea at the weekend for anyone, not even the boys  :evillaugh:

• Super Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2007, 12:40:06 PM »
:rofl:

But think of the boys little faces when they see what Mummy has got them  :wow:

My Mum bought one for Charlie, she's buying another one for Missy now though as Charlie's quite protective of it  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2007, 12:34:47 PM »
Helen - The ikea tents are fantastic, my three LOVE theres.

I'm not sure what the poles are made of but its really lightweight but sturdy, Charlie runs into it and drags it around the room and it's still as good as new  ;D

Think they come in blue and red.

This is NOT what I wanted to hear  :shify:  This now means I'm going to have to drag my carcass round Ikea desperately trying to avoid buying anything else as I'm skint at the moment!

• Super Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2007, 12:30:41 PM »
Helen - The ikea tents are fantastic, my three LOVE theres.

I'm not sure what the poles are made of but its really lightweight but sturdy, Charlie runs into it and drags it around the room and it's still as good as new  ;D

Think they come in blue and red.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2007, 12:16:39 PM »
Yes - they are in the pet section.  They're pretty tough as Mosi has certainly put it through it's paces and it's still in one piece.  It has a fabric covered rod that you have to fix along the top to hold it in shape but I can't see anything that would be dangerous.  I really think you ought to get one for Lucas and Riley - they're deprived without it and will be reporting you for cat cruelty if you're not careful.

What are the arches made out of then Susanne?  Like I said the one I had for them before had kind of metal springy struts that snapped with 10 mins of boisterous play  >:( 

As for cat cruelty  :innocent: ahem - this is coming from the Mum of two poor, deprived little boys who don't even have a wiggly waggler yet, they are a fundamental basic feline right you know  :P  People in glass houses...  ;)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »
Yes - they are in the pet section.  They're pretty tough as Mosi has certainly put it through it's paces and it's still in one piece.  It has a fabric covered rod that you have to fix along the top to hold it in shape but I can't see anything that would be dangerous.  I really think you ought to get one for Lucas and Riley - they're deprived without it and will be reporting you for cat cruelty if you're not careful.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2007, 11:51:20 AM »
What gorgeous cats you have Purrlishious  :)

Are the Ikea tents designed for animals?  I bought the boys a pop up tent that was supposedly designed for animals, within 10 minutes of them wrestling each other in it one of the metal springy struts had snapped, they were only little at the time so I dread to think how long it would have lasted now they are almost big boys!  Luckily I was supervising them when it happened but it could have been very dangerous  >:(

They'd like another tent I'm sure of it but I'm just a bit paranoid about the safety aspect  :shify:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2007, 11:36:08 AM »
Lovely pic of Mosi Susanne. IKEA tents are the best thing to come out of there. At least you dont have to assemble them!!

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2007, 11:32:22 AM »
Or........ cardboard box...... Ra-Ra thingy.... Wiggly Waggler... all together  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2007, 11:28:57 AM »
Those tents are great.  Mosi still loves his.  I got home yesterday to find it the opposite end of the room to where it was when I left, and flattened  ;D

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2007, 11:25:18 AM »
Or..... a Ra-Ra thingy from Toys R Us. Much fun, especially if there is a tiny mouse hiding in there.[/b]

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2007, 11:22:06 AM »
Emma, if going to PAH next to IKEA you maybe interested in the tent IKEA do for cats. Mine love it.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2007, 09:53:17 AM »
Have you got the mice from PAH with the microchip in them, so they squeak when they get batted around?

Max never tires of that, and its something he can use when I'm not there as well to keep him interested.

Gerti loves that toy! And Gerti isn't a lady that plays much  :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2007, 09:51:37 AM »
Lukey would like to second or third (he's not very good at counting :shy:) the recommendation for crinkle play tunnels.  He loves his, when he was little he would grab the rim and drag the entire tunnel round the room in his mouth  :evillaugh:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2007, 09:47:19 AM »
Best thing with my terrible twosome at the mo, is the box my Amazon order came in. I've cut some "paw holes" in and so they can play hide and seek and also dab each other through the holes! Endless entertainment!

However I am thinking a trip to PAH might be in order (I've had a look on their site and they do sell the crinkle tunnels), and PAH is right next door to IKEA. Oh no I can see an expensive weekend on the cards!!

Emma x

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2007, 09:46:38 AM »
I bought Bilbo one of these:

and Baggins one of these:

But they've not worked out how to pedal 'em though  :tired:
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2007, 09:38:51 AM »
Not seen those squeeky mice!  Must look for those.

Defo have a look, they are about £2-3 if I remember rightly.  Let me know if you get stuck, I can always see if my branch have some and post you one  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2007, 09:38:39 AM »
 :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 09:35:14 AM »
Not sure where you get the crinkle tunnels from as I won mine in the xmas auction!  ;D  I think I've seen them at pets at home though - I imagine most pet shops will sell them.  Even after all this time Mosi will still take a diversion when running up and down the room so that he can run through his tunnel  :rofl:

Not seen those squeeky mice!  Must look for those.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 09:31:45 AM »
Have you got the mice from PAH with the microchip in them, so they squeak when they get batted around?

Max never tires of that, and its something he can use when I'm not there as well to keep him interested.

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 09:29:42 AM »
I'm going to get him a wiggly waggler
  Wise move, you won't regret it  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:22:01 AM »
I want a crinkly tunnel.....are they from PAH?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 09:20:24 AM »
He already has a crinkle tunnel!  ;D  And yes he does love it.

I'm going to get him a wiggly waggler but I'm not convinced he'll go for it as he's not keen on stuff that doesn't do anything and he's not into catnip.

I actually remembered one of my golden rules last night - if a toy is boring take it into a different room.  I took the toy (a wand style toy) into the hall way and suddenly it became interesting!  We had a game with him sitting on his scratch post in the hall and swiping at it, then we took it to the large cardboard box in the hall.  at that point Jaffa joined in and the game turned into hide and seek, with Mosi hiding in the box and Jaffa pouncing on the outside  ;D  Fun was had by all!

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 07:34:48 AM »
I vote crinkle tunnel as its similar in the idea of the tent, and mine love stuff like that  ;D lots of opportunities to hide and sneak up on each other  :innocent:

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 23:44:39 PM »
WIGGLY WAGGLERS are popular with lots of us. They are hand crocheted filled with foam & cat nip. Can be bought from this site. Mine all love them, but know what you mean Susanne about them getting bored with toys. Also, I order 'Purr' potent loopy juice to drop on old toys. This revives them immensly & creates play.  Can be ordered from e-bay under cats.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 23:18:39 PM »
What about one of those crinkle tunnel things?

Mine like fishing rod type toys and the odd mouse. Umm, and the "kitten mitten" I bought for a friend...

Link to CatChat