Author Topic: Next-doors Tom in my house!!  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Next-doors Tom in my house!!
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 17:48:12 PM »
I hope your 2 aren't too traumatised. If the neighbours wont neuter then you need to work at deterring the toms, water is effective.
I would keep the catflap blocked up so your two feel safe indoors and only let them out while your at home so you can supervise them.

What have you cleaned the sprayed areas with? Biological washing powder followed by a spirit or a shop bought product such as simple solution. The enzymes will break everything down so that your cats cant smell it, you dont want them covering the area themselves!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 13:05:55 PM »
Please have a word with your neighbour.

Tell them that there is a high chance of their cats getting FIV / FeLV (if they havent already got either)

Cats Protection can give them a voucher to help with the cost

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 10:31:37 AM »
I reckon your house in the neighbours cats eyes are their territory :( could you not have a gentle word with the neighbour about getting the cats neutered pointing out that there's more that spraying the issue?

Id keep your cats in until this is resolved......you should also keep your cats in a few weeks after neuter as they will still have testosterone in there systems as it takes some time to filter out of the body ;)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 10:34:07 AM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline Bonker2020

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 09:04:31 AM »
Mine have - but neither of the neighbours have.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:05:50 AM »
Have your cats been neutered/spayed and are the neighbours also?
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Bonker2020

• Kitten
Next-doors Tom in my house!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 07:39:38 AM »
Hi.

I have two 6mth old cats who I have just started letting outside and have installed a cat-flap for them.

Within the first day, the next door neighbors 2 Toms have terrorised my docile cats and have come into my house several times and urinated everywhere.  I have now blocked up the flap until I can figure something out.

What can I do ?

Link to CatChat